Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 12:13 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You know that is exactly what about half the voters said about Hillary.

I will never vote for a man that sang the praises of the former USSR.

I will not vote for Warren or any democrat attempting to buy votes by offering government handouts. Ill do a write in again, because I damned sure won't vote for Trump either
This. His rise in the polls means people supporting him like his authoritarian stances, or are just too dim to apply rational thought.

He really isnt being questioned about his very radical views, by his supporters or the media.

I recently read yet another article regarding just that.

https://theweek.com/articles/891206/...-past-50-years

And with his age/health, what type of radical nutbag would he have as Vice President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 11:44 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,711,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
He's an old white guy?
So are Biden and Bloomberg. Warren isn't a spring chicken either.

What's your point?

Old 01-25-2020, 04:10 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,505 times
The problem with the Democrats is in its direction. Extremism and progressivism are killing any chance of that party remaining viable in the coming elections. They are nothing like they were fifty years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Good lord. Republicans are simply OBSESSED with race. This is the 5th or 6th post today.

Sad!
Not exactly. Read Andywire's quote, which is way more accurate.

Old 01-25-2020, 04:13 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
To answer the question, its because people trust that he will better the U.S., they believe in him and see him as the better candidate. Democrats don't exactly have good candidates that Americans feel have their back.
And just who might those people be? I've never seen a weaker Democratic field than this one. Or, for that matter, one more insane.

Old 01-25-2020, 04:48 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Lets see now Bernie is for
affordable healthcare for all
Affordable college tuition'
address environmental issues
expand social security.
increased gun safety.
just a few of the benefits Bernie proposes that this democrat can live with..

Old 01-25-2020, 06:01 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Lets see now Bernie is for
affordable healthcare for all
Affordable college tuition'
address environmental issues
expand social security.
increased gun safety.
just a few of the benefits Bernie proposes that this democrat can live with..
All good things; who gets to pay?

Old 01-25-2020, 06:24 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The government. They use stimulus to balance the economy all the time.

Last edited by Winterfall8324; 01-25-2020 at 06:53 PM..

Old 01-25-2020, 06:26 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The government. The use stimulus to balance the economy all the time.
When did you stop believing in Santa Claus?

Old 01-25-2020, 07:42 PM

3,843 posts, read 1,789,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

I was listening to Bernie at his rally earlier today and the way he's going to pay for these new initiatives is by taxing Wall-street. The policies I very much disagree with Bernie, is giving illegal immigrants U.S. citizenship ( I think he said something like up to 20 million) and re-instating DACA--also giving them U.S. citizenship.

He is weak on crime for drug users which I feel is wrong and will only further drug use and sales.

I really like Bernie. He seems trustworthy for a politician and he's consistent on his message but will his agenda be good for ALL OF AMERICA?

Positives:
Protecting the environment, re-building our infrastructure, expanding universal health-care, reducing our spending overseas in terms of the endless wars, debt forgiveness for student loans, preserving medicare and social security, getting money out of politics, not accepting PAC money.....

He's got many good ideas, but how far can he get accomplishing them with congress who don't agree with those policies.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:43 PM

3,843 posts, read 1,789,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
And just who might those people be? I've never seen a weaker Democratic field than this one. Or, for that matter, one more insane.

Bernie has many believers I think he's garnered more support from individual donations than ANY other candidate, that says A LOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections