Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2020, 12:23 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,590,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
[QUOTE=Kibby;57301533]I don’t think it matters what the State requirements are when it comes to voting in Federal elections. If you pay State Taxes in any State, that is your “State of Legal Residence”. It also determines “in State Tuition”
Do people attempt to cheat on all 3? Taxes, Voting, college Tuition? Sure they do, they don’t mind breaking laws or are ignorant of laws.

Voting Residency Guidelines - Federal Voting Assistance Program - FVAP.gov

What is a voting residence and why is it important?

Your voting residence is within your State of legal residence or domicile. It is the true, fixed address that you consider your permanent home and where you had a physical presence. Your State of legal residence is used for State income tax purposes, and determines eligibility to vote for federal and State elections and qualification for in-state tuition rates.

OP has stated that Florida is not his permanent home, nor does he have a Florida drivers license.
IIRC, one of the reasons that the OP keeps his official residency in MA (his 'third state' is RI) is that he feels that the healthcare there is better and that better Medicare supplement/add on policies are available there.

Last edited by RMESMH; 02-12-2020 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: corrected quote location (last sentence of person I was replying to was showing as my first sentence)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 12:35 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,590,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
Many folks, Trump supporters and opponents believe he will be re-elected.
Myself, I'm not so sure. Yes many factors point to re-election, including the pathetic amalgam of ancient political hacks, quasi-Bolsheviks, screaming harridans, robot -like, smug ,self-righteous clowns, and egomaniacal plutocrats that are vying for the nomination. Also, the economy is doing relatively well,as is the stock market, and there are no pressing major crises, at least for now.
However, what continues to give me pause is the visceral hatred of Trump by many people of both parties, constantly whipped up ad nauseum by the DNC's lickspittle minions of the MSM on a daily basis.
I get the sense that many folks will vote for just about anyone who isn't Trump, certainly enough to tip the election to his opponent, as scary and misguided as that may be.
The anti-Trump fervor is increased, sadly, by his all too frequent tweets, and less than truthful statements. If he could keep his opinions to himself , he would reap the rewards, but that is obviously not in his nature.
I have never been a Trump fan, going back to his days as a loud mouth businessman in the 1980's, and I certainly did not vote for him ( I did a write in, as I would self-immolate before voting for Hildabeast).
I do, however, agree with many of his policies, and shudder to think of one of these repulsive Democratic poltroons gets elected.
I believe it will be a very tight election.
LOL.

Old 02-12-2020, 01:20 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,975,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'm putting it out for all to see and rib me later.

He's gonna lose...

Lots of reasons for it, but the single biggest is that he only would win if Independents and Democrats were no energized and stayed home. That's literally impossible at this point.

Also, I just found out that I and a lot of my friends are allowed to register to vote in Florida! There was some people at the local Farm Market and they signed up about 20 just today. Now, imagine that these volunteers (they had come from other states for the weekend) were in 50 popular places week after week and signed up people each time...and then I tell my friends.

And, if the GOP doesn't play too many games, the Ex-Felons in Florida will get to vote.

I also have some old friends over this week - from the Burbs of Philadelphia...another area that many claim will tell the tale. Educated people from the burbs have been leaving the GOP for decades but the tide is still turning. Their county just went All-Dem for the first time in 40+ years.

Anyway, I'm pleased that I get to vote somewhere that counts. Thank you, Florida!

(Note - if you own property in Florida or even reside here for months yearly (rent) you can register to vote here. Of course, you give up your right back in your other state
You might want to post that on the Florida forum.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:03 PM

19,859 posts, read 12,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
IIRC, one of the reasons that the OP keeps his official residency in MA (his 'third state' is RI) is that he feels that the healthcare there is better and that better Medicare supplement/add on policies are available there.
He needs to get his mail in ballot from MA.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:06 PM

19,859 posts, read 12,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You might want to post that on the Florida forum.
It is false information as has been verified by the Office of the Supervisor of Elections. He might want to be careful.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:07 PM

9,327 posts, read 16,684,438 times
I disagree. I think Trump will be re-elected. The constant investigations and impeachment along with the outright hatred from the Democratic Party has turned many off.

Old 02-13-2020, 06:05 PM

17,466 posts, read 9,293,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
[QUOTE=Kibby;57301533]I don’t think it matters what the State requirements are when it comes to voting in Federal elections. If you pay State Taxes in any State, that is your “State of Legal Residence”. It also determines “in State Tuition”
Do people attempt to cheat on all 3? Taxes, Voting, college Tuition? Sure they do, they don’t mind breaking laws or are ignorant of laws.

Voting Residency Guidelines - Federal Voting Assistance Program - FVAP.gov

What is a voting residence and why is it important?

Your voting residence is within your State of legal residence or domicile. It is the true, fixed address that you consider your permanent home and where you had a physical presence. Your State of legal residence is used for State income tax purposes, and determines eligibility to vote for federal and State elections and qualification for in-state tuition rates.

OP has stated that Florida is not his permanent home, nor does he have a Florida drivers license.[/quote]

I’m perfectly aware of that ... the purpose of the thread by the OP is to point out a way to CHEAT and Vote twice. Get an address in a State you don’t live in (student or Vacation home) and It’s an easy way to vote where you don’t pay your .Federal Taxes .. which is the Law.

My point is not that it is just immoral, it is also illegal. It won’t stop the illegal votes, but it’s worth noting those that advocate the double votes and/or illegal votes. This is the world we live in now.
No Bridge too far for some folks. They really believe that The .ends Justify the Means.

Old 02-14-2020, 12:26 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,587,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan_Biddle View Post
Trump's re-election is second only to Christ coming back.
Your vote counts are deceiving but I was going to let it slide. But when you equate Trump's re-election to Christ's return, you really need to knock it off. Trump will win re-election but Christ rules all of us. Please don't mix politics with religion ever again.

Old 02-14-2020, 06:18 AM

5,590 posts, read 2,317,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullivan_Biddle View Post
... In the NH primary the turnout numbers for Dems were low.....
Incorrect. NH Democrat turnout was so high that it set a record for highest turnout ever for NH Democrat primary.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...ew-record.html

Quote:
New Hampshire Democratic Primary Turnout Sets New Record

Old 02-14-2020, 06:20 AM

24,030 posts, read 15,133,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If he does, that's fine. I'll be doing everything all the resist people did to Trump to his replacement. It will never end and I will smear whoever it is with lies and anything else that comes up. The gloves will be off. The next President's supporters are fair game to be called racists, traitors, and anything else.
What a wonderful way to show love for your country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections