Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 08:32 AM

23,635 posts, read 17,318,538 times

Advertisements

and your alternative is Biden??????????????????????????????????????

shows exceedingly poor judgment.

Biden isn't even aware of where he is and you think voting for Biden as president is a reasonable decision?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

Trump will win in an historic landslide as the rest of the country is awake and aware and in a state of consciousness.

DNC cannot be serious putting biden up as a candidate.

where is the free press when we need them????

time to water board a DNC membership team leader to have them spill the beans on what the DNC is really up to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 08:35 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,449,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
and your alternative is Biden??????????????????????????????????????

shows exceedingly poor judgment.

Biden isn't even aware of where he is and you think voting for Biden as president is a reasonable decision?????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

Trump will win in an historic landslide as the rest of the country is awake and aware and in a state of consciousness.

DNC cannot be serious putting biden up as a candidate.

where is the free press when we need them????

time to water board a DNC membership team leader to have them spill the beans on what the DNC is really up to.
You do realize that 80% of election outcomes can be explained by incumbency+economic fundamentals? How is the guy who got -3 million votes against the most hated women in America supposed to win during the biggest recession since the Great Depression? Not only does Trump not have the economy going for him but the demographics were already against him to begin with

Old 04-10-2020, 10:13 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,845,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
You do realize that 80% of election outcomes can be explained by incumbency+economic fundamentals? How is the guy who got -3 million votes against the most hated women in America supposed to win during the biggest recession since the Great Depression? Not only does Trump not have the economy going for him but the demographics were already against him to begin with
Boomers view the Democratic Party as out of touch with real American values. If younger voters outvote boomers, then it's possible Trump could lose but with a candidate like Biden, Millennial enthusiasm will be at a low this election cycle.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:29 AM

20,186 posts, read 23,904,879 times
They keep talking about Republicans voting for Biden... I have seen zero of this BS liberal propaganda... What I have seen is Democrats switching for Trump... That is anecodotal but at least it's real...

Old 04-10-2020, 10:41 AM

1,186 posts, read 971,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Boomers view the Democratic Party as out of touch with real American values. If younger voters outvote boomers, then it's possible Trump could lose but with a candidate like Biden, Millennial enthusiasm will be at a low this election cycle.
Speaking from the Millennial point of view here, there's a lot of dissatisfaction with the neoliberal wing of the Democratic party which Biden essentially embodies.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladlensky View Post
Speaking from the Millennial point of view here, there's a lot of dissatisfaction with the neoliberal wing of the Democratic party which Biden essentially embodies.
It's for this reason I believe Millennials will sit out 2020 just like they did 2016 and we will get Trump for another four years.

The economy can be the worst in the history of the country but boomers see Trump as a champion of traditional American values (two genders, marriage = man + woman, life begins at conception, we're a Christian nation, etc) and the Democrats as anti-American globalist commies so of course they will support Trump.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Millenial turnout was through the roof in the 2018 midterms regardless of which candidates were on the ballot. There is enthusiasm to vote against Trump but not to vote for Biden and thats just as good. Also Boomers were 50/50 in 2018

Old 04-10-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
It's for this reason I believe Millennials will sit out 2020 just like they did 2016 and we will get Trump for another four years.

The economy can be the worst in the history of the country but boomers see Trump as a champion of traditional American values (two genders, marriage = man + woman, life begins at conception, we're a Christian nation, etc) and the Democrats as anti-American globalist commies so of course they will support Trump.
I just dont think any of that matters. Republicans have only won the pop vote once out of the last 7 elections. They are already demographically disadvantaged. On top of that, Trump is the only prez not to have 50%+ aggregate approval.

I dont see how he wins when you factor all that and a massive recession

Old 04-10-2020, 10:56 AM

1,186 posts, read 971,673 times
Quote:

I agree, the populist, Tea Party faction of the Republican party has effectively rallied around Trump and generated enthusiasm with supporters that hasn't waned much since 2016. I tend to believe that same enthusiasm will rally again in 2020 and incumbents tend to have somewhat of a home field advantage anyhow.

Unfortunately, Millennials don't have a similar figure to enthusiastically rally around now that Bernie is out. It's certainly not Biden just like it wasn't Hillary in 2016.

Old 04-10-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I agree, the populist, Tea Party faction of the Republican party has effectively rallied around Trump and generated enthusiasm with supporters that hasn't waned much since 2016. I tend to believe that same enthusiasm will rally again in 2020 and incumbents tend to have somewhat of a home field advantage anyhow.
I agree with this. Also, the big prize is Ruth Ginsburg's SCOTUS seat and I believe that will be a big factor in this election. We are one SCOTUS justice away from legal abortion and legal same-sex marriage being a thing of the past. We are one SCOTUS justice away from being able to completely demolish the wall of separation between church and state. The right-wing knows this and they will do everything they can to not let this moment slip away.

Quote:
Unfortunately, Millennials don't have a similar figure to enthusiastically rally around now that Bernie is out. It's certainly not Biden just like it wasn't Hillary in 2016.
This is unfortunate but is true. Millennials are the largest generation in terms of population in the country now, but we are still a heavily boomer-oriented society for some reason. I personally liked some of Sanders' positions but thought he was too far left on other issues. However, he would have had a much better shot at beating Trump than Biden simply because of the enthusiasm he would generate.

I wish younger voters would realize that even having a free society and economy depends on holding their nose to vote for Biden. I really hope he chooses a running made that at least adds some enthusiasm to the ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections