Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 01:00 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,723,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I'd have to choose Biden over Cuomo. He botched the Covid response in New York by waiting too long to shut down.
That has to judged by what other governors did under their various circumstances and an assumption of what Biden would have done as a governor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 01:23 PM

Who has a better chance of winning against Trump Biden or Cuomo?

Old 04-11-2020, 01:25 PM

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-s...-reade-1497391

JOE BIDEN SEXUAL ASSAULT ACCUSER TARA READE FILES CRIMINAL COMPLAINT

woman has filed a police report claiming that presidential candidate Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993, according to reports.

Tara Reade filed a criminal complaint with the Washington Metropolitan Police Department of accusing the 2020 Democratic nomination of pushing her against the wall in a Senate corridor and penetrating her with his fingers, according to Business Insider.

The alleged incident occurred while Reade was working as a Senate staffer for Biden nearly 30 years ago.

Reade first made the claims against Biden last month. In a tweet, Reade thanked those who helped her come forward with the allegations, as well as "luminaries" who have supported her such as Susan Sarandon, John Cusack, and Rose McGowan.

Reade also confirmed that the statute of limitations around the claims against Biden have passed.

"I filed a police report for safety reasons only. All crim [sic] stats beyond limitations. Gratitude for all who have stood by me," Reade tweeted.

Reade also referenced scrutiny she received after it emerged she wrote a blog post in 2018 praising Russian President Vladimir Putin as a "compassionate, caring, visionary leader." The blog post has since been deleted and she has distanced herself from the remarks.

"I have been smeared and called vile names by Biden supporters. I was also accused of being called a Russian agent. I am not," Reade tweeted. "I will continue to speak out."

Speaking to Newsweek, Reade said she decided to come forward with the claims against Biden to ensure that "powerful men" are held accountable for their actions.

"I was trying to have a deeper conversation about sexual harassment in the workplace and powerful men," Reade said. "I'm not going to get traditional justice, like with [Harvey] Weinstein's case. I'm looking for something more existential-to not have to keep a secret because it's somebody powerful."

In a statement at the time, Biden's team denied the accusations against him.

"Women have a right to tell their story, and reporters have an obligation to rigorously vet those claims," said Deputy Campaign Manager and Communications Director Kate Bedingfield. "We encourage them to do so, because these accusations are false."

Question
suppose Biden is capable or beating Trump without this sex assault accusation.
Could this accusation be enough to take such hypothetical capability ?

Old 04-12-2020, 07:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,938,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-s...-reade-1497391

JOE BIDEN SEXUAL ASSAULT ACCUSER TARA READE FILES CRIMINAL COMPLAINT

woman has filed a police report claiming that presidential candidate Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993, according to reports.

Tara Reade filed a criminal complaint with the Washington Metropolitan Police Department of accusing the 2020 Democratic nomination of pushing her against the wall in a Senate corridor and penetrating her with his fingers, according to Business Insider.

The alleged incident occurred while Reade was working as a Senate staffer for Biden nearly 30 years ago.

Reade first made the claims against Biden last month. In a tweet, Reade thanked those who helped her come forward with the allegations, as well as "luminaries" who have supported her such as Susan Sarandon, John Cusack, and Rose McGowan.

Reade also confirmed that the statute of limitations around the claims against Biden have passed.

"I filed a police report for safety reasons only. All crim [sic] stats beyond limitations. Gratitude for all who have stood by me," Reade tweeted.

Reade also referenced scrutiny she received after it emerged she wrote a blog post in 2018 praising Russian President Vladimir Putin as a "compassionate, caring, visionary leader." The blog post has since been deleted and she has distanced herself from the remarks.

"I have been smeared and called vile names by Biden supporters. I was also accused of being called a Russian agent. I am not," Reade tweeted. "I will continue to speak out."

Speaking to Newsweek, Reade said she decided to come forward with the claims against Biden to ensure that "powerful men" are held accountable for their actions.

"I was trying to have a deeper conversation about sexual harassment in the workplace and powerful men," Reade said. "I'm not going to get traditional justice, like with [Harvey] Weinstein's case. I'm looking for something more existential-to not have to keep a secret because it's somebody powerful."

In a statement at the time, Biden's team denied the accusations against him.

"Women have a right to tell their story, and reporters have an obligation to rigorously vet those claims," said Deputy Campaign Manager and Communications Director Kate Bedingfield. "We encourage them to do so, because these accusations are false."

Question
suppose Biden is capable or beating Trump without this sex assault accusation.
Could this accusation be enough to take such hypothetical capability ?
Trump is no better and has quite a few sexual misconduct claims too. At least 25 of them. The problem is Republicans look past this or at worst call them fake claims. All the while attacking Joe...
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list...ry?id=51956410
https://www.businessinsider.com/wome...t-list-2017-12
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/a-run...b0162c043a7212
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9149216.html

Old 04-13-2020, 03:26 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,415,992 times
https://twitter.com/guypbenson/statu...76816818782215
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections