Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 12:57 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,250,214 times

Advertisements

We are not talking enough the lying right-wing media. The way they covered this pandemic is not the exception, it's the norm. They've spilling alternative facts for decades and it may have finally caught up to them. Although I doubt most right-wingers care.

Quote:

I'm a conservative. Right-wing media coverage of the virus has been a disaster.

I know this ecosystem firsthand - I'm a libertarian-leaning conservative and have contributed to the Washington Examiner, the Federalist and the now-defunct Weekly Standard. I believe in the principles of limited government and in the exploration of political ideas that more traditional, often left-of-center news sources don't. But in this grave moment, conservative media has failed: More than just being out of sync with experts, much of conservative media has viewed this pandemic through an excessively partisan lens, and often seems to care more about how it impacts politics than people's lives.

While the coronavirus skepticism from Fox News is fairly well-known - everything from now-former Fox Business host Trish Regan calling coverage of the pandemic an "impeachment scam" to Laura Ingraham tagging the Democratic Party as "The Pandemic Party" - an ecosystem of lesser-known, but influential conservative publications has similarly responded to the crisis with dismissal, scorn and baseless theories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 01:00 PM

18,471 posts, read 7,110,634 times
Trump responded to the virus in the manner that his advisors recommended at the time..

Even Fauci said so.

The Left wing media responded by asking Fauci if he was saying that voluntarily...

You can't make this stuff up.....

Old 04-15-2020, 01:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,250,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Trump responded to the virus in the manner that his advisors recommended at the time..

I dare any right-winger show me a source that says Trump's advisors recommended he call the pandemic a hoax and that they told him the number of infected would drop to zero before the end of March.

At any rate, this tread isn't about Trump.

Last edited by beb0p; 04-15-2020 at 01:12 PM..

Old 04-15-2020, 01:33 PM

18,471 posts, read 7,110,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I dare any right-winger show me a source that says Trump's advisors recommended he call the pandemic a hoax and that they told him the number of infected would drop to zero before the end of March.

For the millionth time, Trump didn't call the pandemic a hoax and you know it.

Your position is so weak that you have to resort to parroting blatant lies that have been debunked repeatedly.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:39 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,430,401 times
Well yes the right wing echo chamber is not fact based, and they hate people like scientific experts, so it’s not surprising they covered it poorly.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:41 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,689,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

You just made it about Trump !!!

Are you unable to focus or was that your intention all along ? That's the question !!!

Old 04-15-2020, 01:43 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,113,676 times
Remember when 2 million people were supposed to die?

Remember when 250k people were supposed to die?

Remember when 100k people were supposed to die?

Remember when Fauci said the virus was no bigger a deal than the flu?

Remember when Pelosi told people to forget about CV19 and come out to Chinatown to celebrate? Lol

Remember when WHO said CV19 was not contagious? Lol

Remember when WHO said Trump shouldn't shut down travel to China? Lol

Remember when Trump was called a racist for shutting down China travel?

Remember when Dems complained that Trump shut down EU travel?

Remember when Dems complained that Trump shut down UK travel?

Remember when Trump ignored all these idiots and went ahead and imposed travel restrictions anyway?

These are the same people saying Trump didn't act fast enough. Lmao!

Old 04-15-2020, 01:48 PM

17,833 posts, read 13,750,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
For the millionth time, Trump didn't call the pandemic a hoax and you know it.
Yeah, we've heard this response "a million times" from right wingers. "TRUMP DIDN'T CALL THE VIRUS A HOAX"!!!!

Yet never once do you guys ever go on to explain exactly what exactly WAS "a hoax" any more. Something was "the hoax". What was it?

Answering this simple question didn't seem to be all that tough for you all a month or so ago. But these days it seems like you guys are reluctant to do so.

Gee, I wonder why?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Old 04-15-2020, 01:54 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,193 times
"Libertarian-leaning?" The Libertarians I know have been screaming non-stop on Facebook about how the government is taking away our rights. Methinks something is amiss here.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:57 PM

18,511 posts, read 9,188,189 times
Media is not about telling the truth, it’s about ratings (i.e. money).

As the saying goes, “you gotta spin it to win it.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections