Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 03:25 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I think Trump beats Biden more than a lot are predicting.

Don't forget, Biden is an absolutely terrible candidate.

Covid has damaged the economy, but voters know it is not Trump's fault, even though Democrats and the mainstream media are desperately trying to pin that on him/spin it. Folks aren't that gullible though.

This Biden sex allegation seems very credible, and I think could be extremely damaging to Biden, and Biden may not be the candidate--we will see.

If it is Biden, Trump beats him, 295 to 243. Biden picks up Arizona in a surprise upset. All other states hold, same as 2016.

As for the Senate, that's tricky. I think Democrats pick up 1 seat, Arizona.
No way Trump wins Pennsylvania, Delaware is across the river from Philly. The reason Hillary lost PA was because Philly didn't turn out like it did for Obama. Biden is basically from Philadelphia & people will turn out for him. Biden has been up by 6 points minimum since he was announced as the candidate.

Trump also has to win Michigan which is a going to be tough for him. When you look the 3 big statewide offices, gov. & senate seats they are all held by democrats. Fox News had Biden up by 8 in their latest poll.

Wisconsin could very well decide the election, meaning it's a swing state & there could be a recount.

Arizona the latest poll had Biden up by 9 points.

I want to add we are going to have a Kennedy in the senate again. Markley is down 58-42 in the latest poll in the democratic primary.

Old 05-08-2020, 04:01 PM

13,264 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
I think Trump beats Biden more than a lot are predicting.

Covid has damaged the economy, but voters know it is not Trump's fault, even though Democrats and the mainstream media are desperately trying to pin that on him/spin it. Folks aren't that gullible though.

This Biden sex allegation seems very credible, and I think could be extremely damaging to Biden, and Biden may not be the candidate--we will see.

If it is Biden, Trump beats him, 295 to 243. Biden picks up Arizona in a surprise upset. All other states hold, same as 2016.

As for the Senate, that's tricky. I think Democrats pick up 1 seat, Arizona.

Trump is losing in the 4 Midwest states he has to win. WI, MI, PA, MN now even Florida Trump is losing in the polls. Trump is losing in Arizona along with McSally who is more then 10 points loss against Mark Kelly.

Colorado senate Hickenlooper is 13 points ahead of Gardner not sure how you can say that is a win for Republicans.

Now were looking at AZ, and CO turning blue republicans in Georgia are warning they might lose the senate seat there. If you look at the entire picture good chance Biden sweeping for a big win and Senate turning blue also.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oper-6945.html

Old 05-08-2020, 04:20 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Opinions (polls) are like butt holes.

Everyone has one and they all stink.

Old 05-08-2020, 04:26 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:

In an alternative universe, you'd be saying

Quote:
Don't forget, Sanders/Harris/Buttigieg/etc is an absolutely terrible candidate.
I'm not hearing that . What I'm hearing from Democrats is what I heard from Republicans in 2016. "Anyone but Hillary."

If Biden is such a bad candidate, I think what I'm mostly hearing still is "Get Trump out - doesn't matter who." Regardless of whether Biden is a good candidate or not.

Old 05-08-2020, 04:50 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post

I'm not hearing that . What I'm hearing from Democrats is what I heard from Republicans in 2016. "Anyone but Hillary."

If Biden is such a bad candidate, I think what I'm mostly hearing still is "Get Trump out - doesn't matter who." Regardless of whether Biden is a good candidate or not.
America's tRump fatigue is expanding.

Don't expect the tRump humpers to be up on that.

Less than 6 months.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:12 PM

13,264 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Never voted Democrat ever, and to tell you how long it's been I went to a Ronald Reagan Campaign rally in 1984. Ill be voting for Biden in November I'm not the only one several of my friends are doing the same. Trump is a buffoon who has to be removed from office. My mind started to change when I saw him tell everyone Coronavirus was no big deal it will just go away.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:30 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post

Wisconsin could very well decide the election, meaning it's a swing state & there could be a recount.
If Biden picks Klobuchar as his VP, this will bring more WI voters to the polls to vote for the Democrat. WI has a long border with MN.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:33 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Never voted Democrat ever, and to tell you how long it's been I went to a Ronald Reagan Campaign rally in 1984. Ill be voting for Biden in November I'm not the only one several of my friends are doing the same. Trump is a buffoon who has to be removed from office. My mind started to change when I saw him tell everyone Coronavirus was no big deal it will just go away.
If he would have gone all super storm sandy Chris Christie & sympathized with people, cried with them & said we will overcome this but it's going to be 18 months because that is what the scientists are telling him.

Then turned everything over to Fucci & made him the point man to run the operation, made a deal with McConnel & Pelosi to provide the funding so Fucci could have anything he needs. All he would have to do is giving a bi-weekly press briefing and follow the power point talking points. If he did this he would be up 10 in the polls and looking at one of the biggest blowout elections in history.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:04 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,449,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
No way Trump wins Pennsylvania, Delaware is across the river from Philly. The reason Hillary lost PA was because Philly didn't turn out like it did for Obama. Biden is basically from Philadelphia & people will turn out for him. Biden has been up by 6 points minimum since he was announced as the candidate.

Trump also has to win Michigan which is a going to be tough for him. When you look the 3 big statewide offices, gov. & senate seats they are all held by democrats. Fox News had Biden up by 8 in their latest poll.

Arizona the latest poll had Biden up by 9 points.

I want to add we are going to have a Kennedy in the senate again. Markley is down 58-42 in the latest poll in the democratic primary.
This is all speculation right now--and far too early to predict, but it is fun.

I think Biden loses PA. Folks won't turn out for Biden either.

Eh, Michigan may still be close, but the Democratic Michigan governor is doing Biden zero favors. Trump may get the edge here again.

Wisconsin could be a toss up, but I think Trump takes it.

Arizona could go either way.

Biden with his sexual allegations, dementia, corruption and 50 years as a DC swamp politician, he carries a ton of dead weight. He is not gonna "turn out the vote."

I think Trump is re-elected.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Currently Biden is leading polls in all of the "toss up" states, and would win 336 - 204. Granted, a lot can happen between now and November and I expect it to be very close. Once again, Florida will be the linchpin.

So what happens if we open up, then see a second wave of Covid-19 in the fall, followed by another lock-down? This is what I consider the most likely scenario, and I don't think it bodes well for Trump.
I think it depends on what the on-going Tara Reade saga does for Biden. There are Democrats who will overlook it just as any number of Republicans with Trump's flaws. If Biden is running, I think now Trump can win. I don't want that to happen but I am having real doubts of voting Biden and I am in Arizona. If I cannot in good conscious vote Biden, I can give Trump the win. The best thing for the Democrat party is for Biden to drop out and have a brokered convention at this point. It is meaningless to have anymore elections and not the time for that. I don't care who replaces Biden, I'll support them. Even Buttigieg who I think is a corpocrat ratfink. I just know as a country we cannot afford four more years of Trump. We just can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections