Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 02:58 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
At this point with Trump, most people either love him and think he's the greatest thing to ever happen to this country, anointed by God, and cannot possibly do a single thing wrong, or they hate Trump and see him as possibly being the downfall of America. While there are plenty of people dissatisfied with both candidates, what I see most is people debating whether or not to sit out the election or vote third party. Are there really people still out there at this point undecided on whether to vote for Trump or for Biden?

Attacking Biden's personal life and morals isn't going to convince anybody to vote for Trump, especially given that Trump isn't exactly a boy scout in that arena. Only Trump loyalists who would never consider Biden under any circumstances believe he's the "moral values" candidate.

The two visions for the country are so different that it's hard to imagine there being that many undecideds. That's why so many are saying this election is going to be entirely won on turnout. Trump has his base and that's all he will ever have, but how many show for Biden will depend on who wins the election.
Except for the bold, the rest is a reflection of a fantasy world that political theater junkies conjure up for themselves and live in.

A critical mass of people, including people who vote, don't pay that much attention to political theater - they have more important and more entertaining things to do - and don't decide, first of all whether to bother to actually vote, and second whom to vote for until the actual moment of the vote.

That's why the only poll that counts is on election day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2020, 06:45 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Here are former Democrats coming over to the Trump side.

They have seen the light.

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status...93221694365696

Old 05-18-2020, 11:07 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,228 times
My first choice is still Tulsi Gabbard, maybe in 2024. I'll wait to see what the Dems do after dumping Biden.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Are their still undecided voters considering voting for Trump?

Yeah...

But both of 'em are now starting to like Joe.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:42 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
It isn't so much undecided voters as it is fence sitting voters. There are likely voters out there that maybe today are leaning towards Biden due to Trump's delayed response to coronavirus. Maybe they come around to Trump come October if the economy has "V"-ed and they are back at work. Or maybe there are people leaning Trump giving him the benefit of the doubt. But come October if he doesn't come through on some of his promises (COVID and otherwise) they may take a chance on Biden.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:04 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You are starting out with an erroneous assumption. There are quite a few people in my family, including myself, who spend a lot of time rolling our eyes or shaking our head in amazement at various things Trump has said or tweeted but at the same time thought he has had some beneficial policies. I did not vote for him. I have spent 3 1/2 years praying for a better option in 2020, but this is one of those times God said no. However, sorry to break it to you but I don’t hate Trump, I think he has done an imperfect but acceptable job with the Coronavirus and many other things during his tenure.

Here’s the thing you definitely aren’t getting, much to my amazement Trump is the more coherent of the two candidates. Trump is crazy, but it’s the same crazy he’s been all his life. In other words, it is a long standing personality flaw not an organic disease that will continue to deteriorate his cognitive skills. Biden, in the other hand, is flat out a walking poster boy for what age related dementia looks like. No way on God’s Earth am I voting in a way that might contribute to the election of a president that will need the 25th Amendment enacted 30 minutes after he is sworn in. So, unlike in 2016 when I did vote 3rd Party, between that and the fact that he hasn’t been quite as bad as I was afraid he’d be, I will most likely be reluctantly voting for Trump.
Well said, and I agree. As I have said many, many times, I REALLY dislike Trump, but he has done a much better job than I would have predicted in 2016 (and I voted for Johnson), and I am quite sure that although he has been arrogant and lied (as usual) and made some huge exaggerations and gaffes (as usual), I think he has done a better job with the pandemic crisis than almost any of the 2020 Democrat candidates would have done. If it was left up to most of them, I am quite sure they would have the entire U.S. in lock-down for at least two more years and have one multi-billion (or even multi-trillion) dollar relief bill after another. No thanks!!

And when it comes to Trump vs. Biden, maybe it will come down to "better the crazy you know than the crazy you don't."

Old 05-20-2020, 11:12 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You are starting out with an erroneous assumption. There are quite a few people in my family, including myself, who spend a lot of time rolling our eyes or shaking our head in amazement at various things Trump has said or tweeted but at the same time thought he has had some beneficial policies. I did not vote for him. I have spent 3 1/2 years praying for a better option in 2020, but this is one of those times God said no. However, sorry to break it to you but I don’t hate Trump, I think he has done an imperfect but acceptable job with the Coronavirus and many other things during his tenure.

Here’s the thing you definitely aren’t getting, much to my amazement Trump is the more coherent of the two candidates. Trump is crazy, but it’s the same crazy he’s been all his life. In other words, it is a long standing personality flaw not an organic disease that will continue to deteriorate his cognitive skills. Biden, in the other hand, is flat out a walking poster boy for what age related dementia looks like. No way on God’s Earth am I voting in a way that might contribute to the election of a president that will need the 25th Amendment enacted 30 minutes after he is sworn in. So, unlike in 2016 when I did vote 3rd Party, between that and the fact that he hasn’t been quite as bad as I was afraid he’d be, I will most likely be reluctantly voting for Trump.
This may be the best summary I have ever read on here.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:36 PM

356 posts, read 121,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Here are former Democrats coming over to the Trump side.

They have seen the light.

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status...93221694365696
How do you know they are former democrats

Old 05-20-2020, 11:37 PM

356 posts, read 121,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
My first choice is still Tulsi Gabbard, maybe in 2024. I'll wait to see what the Dems do after dumping Biden.
Tulsi has some good qualities and is better than most of these dem clowns.

I'm still irked that she voted present on impeachment

Old 05-21-2020, 12:06 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I think there will be a lot of people who will decide to vote for Trump (or not) based on how the next few to several months go. There will be reality they see for themselves all around, and there will be what the media tells them, and there will be odd tales they see on social media or forums like this one, and they'll have to decide who has been telling the truth all this time.

If he pulls off a recovery, because of good planning (which he should get credit for!) or good luck because this virus peters out, he'll be re-elected. If the country is tanked. He may not... but I don't see Biden as any ray of hope. I don't honestly see how he managed to be the leader. He has NO redeeming features. None. It's not like they had no good new sharp candidates... they did! How did Biden beat them?

Personally, I think I'm in bizarro world every time I turn on MSNBC or CNN or any of the national networks. They just aren't in the same reality I am. Eventually, people who are told every day it's raining will look outside and see it's actually not. And if they do.... Trump will be re-elected....

One thing for sure Trump's base WILL go vote... and I am not sure the Dems will.
"Biden has no redeeming features"

HUH?

He served in the US Senate for thirty years. He was vice-president for eight years. He served on the foreign relations committee as well as the judiciary committee in the Senate. He sponsored the Violence Against Women Act.

He emerged from a personal tragedy that took the lives of his wife and one of his children (badly injuring another) and instead of going into a funk and disappearing, he turned into something positive through exemplary public service.

But hey....somebody like that has "no redeeming features".

I bet you listen to Fox News and read nothing, but conservative publications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections