Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 02:09 PM

120 posts, read 66,265 times

Advertisements

Do you think the economy will improve? Will the unemployment rate increase or decrease? Also what else do you think might happen during his second term in office if re-elected. I think he might appoint more judges for the Supreme Court ,but that’s only one thing I can think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 02:41 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
The sky won’t fall, and we will survive to see another crook take over where Trump left off and people will p*** and moan because their crook didn’t win.

Old 06-21-2020, 02:43 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxmanSneaks View Post
Do you think the economy will improve? Will the unemployment rate increase or decrease? Also what else do you think might happen during his second term in office if re-elected. I think he might appoint more judges for the Supreme Court ,but that’s only one thing I can think of.
I don't think American democracy survives. He's already severely damaged many of the checks and balances that existed.

Old 06-21-2020, 05:56 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,773,199 times
He WILL NOT be re-elected. Gotta keep affirming this one.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:15 PM

3,163 posts, read 2,217,771 times
I think the Democrats will have solid majorities in both the House and Senate after the 2022 midterm, if Trump is re-elected this year - because the electorate isn't going to give up trying to place a check on him. Most likely, he will be impeached yet again over another self serving incident that we haven't seen a president demonstrate before.

The economy will fluctuate up and down regardless of who wins the election and I'm sure he will get one or two Supreme Court nominations before the midterms.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:21 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,675,356 times
America will grow weaker. China will benefit.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:38 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,444,815 times
The 2022 midterms will crush the GOP

Old 06-22-2020, 12:42 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,722,651 times
I think a lot of people will be bitterly disappointed after this election is over because the media is just running their polls again to give people the false sense of confidence that the voters will turn out for Democrats. I don't think the GOP will lose congress, they will hold on to it. Because a lot of those states have been solidly republican.

As for Trump vs Biden, here's the funny thing. Clinton actually beats Trump by some 9 million popular votes and lost. Biden doesn't give Democratic voters the enthusiasm they had with Clinton. There were very strong women supporters for Clinton but not the same for Biden. So I think a lot of women will sit out this election because there's nothing in for them. It's white male vs another white male. And the Democrats need women and minorities to show up to vote. Turnout is the key for Biden, as Trump supporters will be solidly showing up to support him. If he doesn't lose any supporters, it's hard for Biden to beat him as Clinton was a much stronger candidate and didn't win /thread.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:16 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,675,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

As for Trump vs Biden, here's the funny thing. Clinton actually beats Trump by some 9 million popular votes and lost. Biden doesn't give Democratic voters the enthusiasm they had with Clinton. There were very strong women supporters for Clinton but not the same for Biden. So I think a lot of women will sit out this election because there's nothing in for them. It's white male vs another white male. And the Democrats need women and minorities to show up to vote. Turnout is the key for Biden, as Trump supporters will be solidly showing up to support him. If he doesn't lose any supporters, it's hard for Biden to beat him as Clinton was a much stronger candidate and didn't win /thread.
9 million? You really should check sources before posting instead of making stuff up. Clinton won the popular vote by 2,868,686 votes not 9M. See https://www.fec.gov/introduction-cam...lections-2016/

I don't think there was much enthusiasm for Clinton. She had a lot of people who disliked her. I don't see either dislike or enthusiasm for Biden. What he has going for him is much more dislike for Trump this election compared to 2016.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:31 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,702,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post

I don't think there was much enthusiasm for Clinton. She had a lot of people who disliked her. I don't see either dislike or enthusiasm for Biden. What he has going for him is much more dislike for Trump this election compared to 2016.
Biden has what Trump had in 2016. The disdain Americans exhibited for Clinton has been shifted to Trump. In 2016, Trump was mostly the "guy that will keep Clinton out of office." Now Biden is the "guy that will keep Trump out of office."

If Trump is re-elected, I think our standing with the world will drop even further. If we are still leader of the free world, we certainly won't be. He's gone out of his way to burn bridges with allies while building bridges with our political capital just to **** it away on photo-ops with strongmen and dictators. We are already a laughingstock (remember when Trump said he had done more as president in 2 years than any US president before him and world leaders laughed at him?).

Republicans thought they were embarrassed by Obama bowing to an ally as a sign of friendship. Yet the entire world laughing AT the president in his presence? That's ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections