Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2020, 07:43 AM

235 posts, read 115,251 times

Advertisements

Now that Joe Biden has the nomination he needs a Vp. Kamala Harris wouldn’t be good because she’s from California and even in the primaries black voters didn’t like her so I don’t understand how she could energize them in the general. Stacey Abrams has basically no experience other than as minority leader in the Georgia House of Representatives. Tammy Baldwin would be good energize LBGT/ younger voters and deliver Wisconsin. Joe Biden will probably deliver Pennsylvania, and maybe Michigan with the help of Tammy Baldwin. Even though both Tammy and Joe are older. And Joe Biden already seems not as easygoing for a crowd or not as much to get a crowd involved as Trump. And I think Trump will hold Ohio, and Florida unless Biden choses Val Demmings who would deliver Florida. If he chose her the only swing state he would have to win other than Florida would be Pennsylvania, and Nevada. And really I don’t consider Colorado, New Mexico or Nevada swing states. Thoughts and comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 07:46 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
I'd rather Joe pick someone that is best suited to be a close advisor as well as someone that could take over the job if Biden becomes incapacitated while in office. That is more important than picking someone to help him win a state. Sure, you need to win for that person to be a VP, but I'd rather the VP be qualified.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:20 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
I see him taking as much time as possible to help ensure he makes the best decision. I don't see an announcement until early August. He needs to take as much time as possible because there is not an obvious candidate and they all have strengths and weaknesses. Michelle Obama might be talked into running later in the campaign. Many people do not think Stacey Abrams has the experience but she may audition herself on to the ticket though numerous television appearances between now and the Convention. The same applies to Keisha Bottoms and Val Demings. Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris have the best resumes to be the VP nominee. Warren has two strikes against her. She is not Black and comes from a state with a Republican governor. I think people would feel comfortable that Harris could step in as President. She would also be a strong campaigner against Trump in the last months before the election. She does have some issues in her criminal justice background as a prosecutor and attorney general in California. At this point I would say Harris will be one of the last two finalists.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:24 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
I'm all for the brilliant Kamala and Susan Rice.
Anyone see Susan on last Friday's Bill Mahr, HBO?
It's available on youtube, at least 5 min. of it.

Old 06-24-2020, 05:08 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I think Kamala Harris would be his best choice now that Amy Klobuchar has dropped out of the running.

Old 06-24-2020, 05:19 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Anyone, but Elizabeth Warren!

Old 06-24-2020, 05:25 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think Kamala Harris would be his best choice now that Amy Klobuchar has dropped out of the running.

She's also the most moderate Black woman being considered. She's also half Indian (documented full blooded Indian mother) unlike Elizabeth Warren who claims to be "part Indian" with maybe 1/64 Cherokee Indian blood.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:24 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Michelle Lujan Grisham is the Gov of New Mexico. She would likely guarantee NM, CO, NV and AZ. Since New Mexico borders TX, she might get some TX voters to vote blue, though TX is more likely to stay red for 2020.

New York Times has a good profile of the top VP choices, with pros and cons of each. Harris appears to be the favorite for now.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/bide...dent-2020.html

Old 06-24-2020, 06:34 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
They say Harris did great work under the mayor of San Francisco. But she also incarcerated a lot of blacks!

Old 06-24-2020, 06:36 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Biden Adds Congressional Black Caucus’s Karen Bass to VP List

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ass-to-vp-list

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-police-reform

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Bass

Age = 66

pro Affirmative action

pro racial "equity" as opposed to racial "equality"

Karen Bass has supported a ballot proposal in California that repeals the ban on "color-blind" admission policies for the state universities and permit racial equity in admissions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections