Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 10:58 AM

7,827 posts, read 4,573,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I don't know if his campaign actually "is" low on funds, but I get daily texts asking for donations, Some of them are amusing. Here are some actual texts:

- 9/4: 12:10PM: Pres Trump: Your enthusiasm is INCREDIBLE. I'm giving the first 20,000 patriots a FREE GIFT! 15,000 already claimed. Donate $35 to claim NOW:
(Comment: how is it a "free gift" if I have to donate $35 to claim it?)
That one reads a lot like those sting operations police set up to corral dim criminals with outstanding warrants by offering a vacation or an Xbox if they show up somewhere to "claim" their prize.

Last edited by take57; 09-07-2020 at 11:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 12:35 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,386,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Trump already spend $58 million of campaign funds on his personal legal fees. Millions more in "pay offs" to former Trump staffers to keep them quiet. Each time a Trump staffer quits or if fired, they are paid $15,000/month from the Trump campaign for doing nothing except signing a non-disclosure that forbids them from ever saying anything negative about Trump.

If Trump loses, I'll bet he starts a Trump 2024 campaign just so he can keep using campaign money for his legal fees.

Trump loves to spend other people's money. He uses campaign funds as his personal legal fund.

He might be directing the campaign to save some money, and to slow spending now, because he sees that money as his. Maybe that's where the AZ 'stop spending' came from - Trump wanting to save that money for his legal fees.
Of course, that's because he has no money of his own. Whoever heard of a billionaire running two bit scams to make a little bit of money?

Old 09-07-2020, 05:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post

Old 09-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The fact that the Trump campaign pulled their ads in Arizona to concentrate on early voting states suggests that they were short of funds and continue to run ads in a key state where they are behind.
I only saw one add in Florida and that was about 3 weeks ago. Biden has had many different adds here.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
This seems quite plausible to me and right out of the Trump playbook. He realizes he has no chance of winning reelection, so he may be milking every last dime out of his campaign funding, to fatten his personal accounts. The fools who contribute money, thinking they are helping him continue in office, may just be suckers for another of his con games.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:01 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Well now, guess the campaign is low on funds. Trump is now talking about spending his own money.

“ Nearly a week after Joe Biden's campaign and the Democratic Party announced they had raised a blockbuster $364 million in August, the Trump campaign and Republican Party still haven't released their numbers, and President Trump is talking about putting in his own money.

"If I have to, I would," Trump responded to a reporter's question Tuesday before departing for Florida. "If we needed any more, I'd put it up personally, like I did in the primaries last time." He added that he would spend "whatever it takes. We have to win."”

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/08/91072...for-re-electio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections