Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 10:23 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,531,866 times

Advertisements

If you're voting for Trump because he's not Biden or voting Biden because he's not Trump, will you consider voting for a 3rd party. If not, why not ?

My state hasn't voted R since Reagan in '84. Hillary beat Trump by 59%-36%, 1.7 million votes. Biden will win by at least that much, as would a picture of a donkey. Because i don't want either major party candidate to be prez, I intend to vote 3rd party [again]. i know that's called throwing away my vote by some people, but I can't think of a single practical reason why I should force myself to vote for the rock or the hard place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 10:34 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,240,744 times
Last election (2016) I voted Libertarian and I was in a swing state. I loathed both candidates; Hillary because she was a corrupt shrew who already sold access to Office of the Secretary of State to foreign states willing to pay enough and Trump because, well frankly because he was a Trump, plus I was afraid we’d end up in WWIII over some tweet.

This election, even though I’m sitting in blood red Kentucky, I may end up voting Trump. Not because I think any more highly of him, but because I think it would be better for the nation as a whole the closer the popular vote matches the electoral vote. I am genuinely worried about this election and for the very first time in my life I am concerned about voter fraud. I have visions of being like that one district in New York and needing to redo the election.

Old 09-05-2020, 02:27 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,531,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Last election (2016) I voted Libertarian and I was in a swing state. I loathed both candidates; Hillary because she was a corrupt shrew who already sold access to Office of the Secretary of State to foreign states willing to pay enough and Trump because, well frankly because he was a Trump, plus I was afraid we’d end up in WWIII over some tweet.

This election, even though I’m sitting in blood red Kentucky, I may end up voting Trump. Not because I think any more highly of him, but because I think it would be better for the nation as a whole the closer the popular vote matches the electoral vote. I am genuinely worried about this election and for the very first time in my life I am concerned about voter fraud. I have visions of being like that one district in New York and needing to redo the election.
I hadn't thought of that as a reason to vote for a candidate I don't support rather than for a 3rd party. Something to consider.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:06 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,771 posts, read 81,730,333 times
I have voted Libertarian in the past, and while I will not vote for either Biden or Trump in November. After some research I find that Jo Jorgensen is a better choice but of course has no chance to win. Voting for her will at least leave me with a clear conscience, despite Biden winning our state.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:09 PM

8,586 posts, read 4,832,965 times
I’ve been a third party voter since the 2010 midterms here in Texas. For me, it’s not that important if my state is locked in on a party or not.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:47 PM

1,361 posts, read 557,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Voting for her will at least leave me with a clear conscience, despite Biden winning our state.
... and I'll be voting for Trump because he was the best candidate in 2016 and is again in 2020... despite Biden winning our state thanks to the clueless libs in Seattle that love to vote for Democratic incompetency that is running our state into the ground such as the Seattle city council... mayor Dumbkan... and tax man Inslee.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:22 PM

22,231 posts, read 19,542,460 times
Quote:

There was no district in NY that needed to redo the election. Are you thinking of North Carolina's 9th district?

Old 09-05-2020, 10:30 PM

25,678 posts, read 17,450,931 times
Quote:

That's the way it was and is with me. I didn't like either, so I voted for Johnson, trying to send a message.
I have become a Trump convert. I would not like to be friends with him, don't care for his thin-skinned Tweets, hate the way he treats some people, but I feel he is the best choice.
Besides, if Trump is reelected, it may pave the way for a President Nikki Haley and I like her a lot.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:38 PM

20,135 posts, read 16,240,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
There was no district in NY that needed to redo the election. Are you thinking of North Carolina's 9th district?
Sorry, it was New Jersey.

Judge Orders New Election for Paterson Council Seat After Voter Fraud Charges

I got it confused with the New York primary that there were people, including Trump, suggesting a re-do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections