Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 12:36 PM

30,443 posts, read 12,035,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
based on what evidence?

A really really accurate Russian Crystal Ball that no one else is allowed to look at. Putin approved like this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 12:41 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,597,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Oh, so President Trump didn't want people to panic and to stay calm?

What about his warnings about the Muslims; and the caravans of illegals; about Democrats wanting to destroy suburbs; about blacks rioting in the streets; about voter fraud; about removing God from the pledge?

So, he doesn't mind scaring people on those issues, but when faced with a pandemic capable of killing hundreds of thousands, he didn't want to warn the public? He decided to keep holding rallies, and refusing to wear a mask, and claim that the virus will 'just disappear'?

A President should lead. Often, leadership means telling the public the hard truth. Mr. Trump is not a leader.

Old 09-16-2020, 03:58 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,174,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
My advice is to look at economy on Feb 1,2020 and how great it was. That is what voters will remember, that is what they want to have. They know the only person that can make it happen again and get America to being great again is President Trump. No other person is capable of doing it.
Name any actual Trump policy that can be shown to have been responsible for the state of the economy before the pandemic. His 2017 tax cut actually probably cost jobs according to studies. So what else do you have?

Old 09-16-2020, 05:02 PM

13,607 posts, read 7,567,472 times
Last President to win Minnesota was Nixon before that the 1950's. Can't see Trump winning landslide 520 EC votes like Nixon did.

Interesting about Nixon if he had never covered up the Watergate scandal and said he had no involvement which he didn't he would have gone on to one of the most popular presidents in history.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:09 PM

13,734 posts, read 9,076,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Last President to win Minnesota was Nixon before that the 1950's. Can't see Trump winning landslide 520 EC votes like Nixon did.

Interesting about Nixon if he had never covered up the Watergate scandal and said he had no involvement which he didn't he would have gone on to one of the most popular presidents in history.

You are correct. I was for Mr. Nixon in 1972 (I even went to see him appear here in Fort Worth). I was a year too young to vote, but also a year away from the draft, which Mr. Nixon promised (and did) stop.

Mr. Nixon was unfailingly loyal to his men, which resulted in his covering up the Watergate break in, and then covering up the covering up.

President Trump, of course, is not so encumbered by loyalty, save for himself.

Interesting article about the 5 top landslide victories since WWII. Oddly, Mr. Trump's win is not included:

https://owlcation.com/humanities/Lan...e-World-War-II

I mention Mr. Trump concerning the landslide victory, since he keeps claiming he did win so:

https://www.npr.org/2016/12/11/50518...istory-differs

Old 09-16-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
You are correct. I was for Mr. Nixon in 1972 (I even went to see him appear here in Fort Worth). I was a year too young to vote, but also a year away from the draft, which Mr. Nixon promised (and did) stop.

Mr. Nixon was unfailingly loyal to his men, which resulted in his covering up the Watergate break in, and then covering up the covering up.

President Trump, of course, is not so encumbered by loyalty, save for himself.

Interesting article about the 5 top landslide victories since WWII. Oddly, Mr. Trump's win is not included:

https://owlcation.com/humanities/Lan...e-World-War-II

I mention Mr. Trump concerning the landslide victory, since he keeps claiming he did win so:

https://www.npr.org/2016/12/11/50518...istory-differs
The idea was not to ever involve Nixon they were prepared to take fall for it. I'm sure that is why they never told him what they were doing. Nixon wanted to help them get out of it he could have pardoned them like Trump does when his term was over

Old 09-16-2020, 08:29 PM

2,328 posts, read 1,727,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
RCP was only 1.1points off the final vote in 2016 ( clinton lead by 2.1points ). clinton's last 10point lead was mid april.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nton-5491.html
That was the general election polls that you linked, NOT the Minnesota polls.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nton-5591.html

Old 09-16-2020, 08:32 PM

2,328 posts, read 1,727,074 times
Quote:
And did you listen to the audiotape of President Trump admitting on February 7th that we were facing a serious novel coronavirus, yet lied to the American people, and even held 5 rallies during the next 30 days?
No. I never even looked at what the president said about the Coronavirus back then. I never thought it was the presidents business anyway. I really do not care what Trump says about the virus. I live my life how I want to regardless of how dangerous the virus is.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:38 PM

310 posts, read 173,839 times
Quote:
... his warnings about the Muslims; and the caravans of illegals; about Democrats wanting to destroy suburbs; about blacks rioting in the streets; about voter fraud; about removing God from the pledge?

A President should lead. Often, leadership means telling the public the hard truth. Mr. Trump is not a leader.
You just listed six (6) PERFECT EXAMPLES of where (and how) President Trump DOES a tell the hard truth.

And THAT is why the mainstream media and career “professional” politicians can’t stand him (and why he spends so much time in libs heads rent free). By y’all’s own admission, because these topics ruffle feathers leaders should avoid them altogether. You can’t have it both ways.

His willingness to tell the American voter the AND the whole d*mn World the hard truth (incl the UN and the WHO) is also why, I am confident, he will be re-elected.

Faced with an antagonistic mainstream media and literal whack jobs like Pelosi, Schiff and Schumer ANY savvy leader would’ve played the same hand regarding the initial responses to the pandemic.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:05 PM

Trump is not going to win MI the not even in the margin of error. Trump lost it in 2016 and history of Democrat's winning the state. It's like me saying Biden will win Texas at Biden is in the margin of error in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections