Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 08:35 PM

310 posts, read 173,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Biden in Florida right now - in Tampa. He's meeting with veterans and their families in a round table with Q and A....
On re-integrating military into society...

[paraphrasing, but the gist is clear]
"If you were a Quartermaster, you should have no, um, er, problem... um... running, uh, a department at... a ladies' department."

Freakin’ painful to witness ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 12:21 PM

5,937 posts, read 4,709,467 times
Quote:
Trump used $40 million of campaign funds for his personal attorney fees. Now his campaign is low on funds and they are cutting TV ads that were prebooked,.
I bet those TV stations are calling up Biden's campaign right now "want these ad slots at 25% off? We need to put something on the air."

Old 09-16-2020, 12:25 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,684,130 times
My husband dropped off the ballots at the election office today (NC). Said there were at least 7 people in line or in building waiting to drop them off. It's only September so not bad. Heard the usual absentee ballot request is 5 %, but this year it's been closer to 40 %.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:07 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,528,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakefront16 View Post
On re-integrating military into society...

[paraphrasing, but the gist is clear]
"If you were a Quartermaster, you should have no, um, er, problem... um... running, uh, a department at... a ladies' department."

Freakin’ painful to witness ...
Below is Biden's full paragraph. It's very clear. He's talking about a program for veterans getting jobs in the private sector.

Joe Biden: (01:00:14)
And so what we’re not doing enough of is bringing in veterans, and you probably have it right here in your programs here at school. That seems to me you probably are emphasizing it and dealing with it. But the ability to, again, know how to know, the ability to find jobs and connect people with jobs. That’s what we spent a lot of time doing in our administration, getting, providing significant number of government jobs in the federal government. Because if you could take care, if you were a quartermaster, you can sure in hell take care of running a department store thing, and the second floor of the ladies’ department or whatever, you know what I mean? If you have been responsible for a couple of billion dollars worth of tanks, you can sure handle a distributing capacity for, I don’t know, FedEx. You can do it.

Transcript:

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...t-september-15

Old 09-16-2020, 06:46 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,108,708 times
Quote:
Below is Biden's full paragraph. It's very clear. He's talking about a program for veterans getting jobs in the private sector.

And so what we’re not doing enough of is bringing in veterans, and you probably have it right here in your programs here at school. That seems to me you probably are emphasizing it and dealing with it. But the ability to, again, know how to know, the ability to find jobs and connect people with jobs. That’s what we spent a lot of time doing in our administration, getting, providing significant number of government jobs in the federal government. Because if you could take care, if you were a quartermaster, you can sure in hell take care of running a department store thing, and the second floor of the ladies’ department or whatever, you know what I mean? If you have been responsible for a couple of billion dollars worth of tanks, you can sure handle a distributing capacity for, I don’t know, FedEx. You can do it.

Transcript:

Wait, so you're saying that Trump supporters intentionally edited part of a Biden speech to continue the BS narrative that he is suffering from cognitive decline? Are you suggesting that they are... *gasp* frauds?

Old 09-16-2020, 06:54 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,892,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wait, so you're saying that Trump supporters intentionally edited part of a Biden speech to continue the BS narrative that he is suffering from cognitive decline? Are you suggesting that they are... *gasp* frauds?
Lol.... you didn’t see the video ... so you post that garbage... I saw the video... Biden is walking incoherent zombie...

Old 09-16-2020, 06:58 PM

13,713 posts, read 9,039,522 times
Quote:

Transcript:

Thanks for the clarification.

It will, of course, be ignored.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:00 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Lol.... you didn’t see the video ... so you post that garbage... I saw the video... Biden is walking incoherent zombie...
I saw the video- the entire video. I don't believe that you did.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:04 PM

4,484 posts, read 3,837,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
My peeps, latest Monmouth shows trouble in FL. LV low turnout model shows Biden with only a 49-46 lead. We need to seriously turn out the vote in Florida to boost it closer to or break the high voter turnout model. As patriotic Americans who value our electoral process, please remind your friends and family in Florida (and NC) who are eligible to vote to actually VOTE!

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_FL_091520/
Florida will never go blue again.

Old 08-12-2021, 11:16 AM

13,660 posts, read 4,969,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Florida will never go blue again.
As the geezers in the Villages kick the bucket, and more folks move in from NY, NJ and CA, and the Hispanic population continues to grow, and the delta variant shows the folly of DeSantis' policies.....Florida will go the way of Georgia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections