Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 01:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Joe's entire speech was based on a lie. He goes on an on about Trump calling the troops losers and he knows as well as everyone else that it did not happen. Without the lies, he would have nothing to talk about. That and he continues to use his son to gain sympathy, it's the same speech he gives every time. So low key, no energy, boring. I tried to listen but he put me to sleep.
Be anxious to see how the TV covers it today and tonight: FOX verses probably CBS. I can't take MSNBC

f
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 02:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Joe should've just played this for those military families in attendance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNBX_0CUS4

Hard to believe any vet would support a pathetic draft-dodging republican coward...
One of the most insulting comment anyone could make and I have seen this so many times I want to scream: I come from a military family: my dad was a retire capt in the Navy and everyone of my male family members served in WW2. Our son served in Dessert Storm and all of them that are still alive are Trump supporters. Let me tell you something, you obviously do know much about draft dodging. Getting a deferment is not a draft dodger. My own husband wanted nothing more in life than to be a marine: what kept him out? A slightly bad knee. When the Marines would not take him he tried the Navy and the Air force. Many would have called him a draft dodger. You have no know darn idea whether Trumps bone spires had anything to do with his deferment!!!!

Now let's say, his dad did pull strings, do you, honestly think this doesn't happen on a daily basis? Know what you are talking about before you post garbage. And let's look at Clinton: he was a draft dodger, he left our country to escape the draft. What was he?

I do not respect Trump for what he said about McCain even though McCain was a scum bag as well, but I also have problems with people calling someone a name when they really have no idea what they are talking about. The fact you added draft dodging republican tells us something. Which branch of the service did you serve in?

Old 09-15-2020, 02:46 PM

1,411 posts, read 569,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
You can't expect any of these hypocrites to mention that Biden dodged the draft 5 times. He claimed that he had asthma yet played football and once served as a lifeguard. Or you never hear them mention William Jefferson Clinton's stellar military career.
Joe the tough guy took care of Corn Pop; why not the Viet Cong or NVA as well.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:00 PM

17,592 posts, read 14,759,330 times
Biden speaking in Wilmington right now ... isn't he always in Wilmington?

Old 09-16-2020, 02:04 PM

He literally can't even read the teleprompter.

The flubs aren't getting much attention and play in the media right now - people who aren't political junkies aren't aware. Which is probably the reason he hasn't crashed in the polls.

Just wait til the debates. It's going to be a dumpster fire like no one has ever seen.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:10 PM

Three questions Biden says Trump needs to answer:

1. what criteria will be used to make sure the vaccine is safe?

2. if the administration validates a vaccine, who says it's safe?

3. how can we be sure the distribution of the vaccine will be safe, free and devoid of favoritism?

Hey Joe. Trump and his administration have answered all these. Repeatedly.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:11 PM

He's taking questions.

From that damn list again.

Let's see how this goes ...

Old 09-16-2020, 02:13 PM

Wait. ABC is asking legitimate questions - with a follow up - that's ruffling his feathers.

First time ever.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:16 PM

793 posts, read 332,813 times
Wait, Joe Biden can speak? I thought it was only gibberish.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Atlguy View Post
Wait, Joe Biden can speak? I thought it was only gibberish.
Rest assured, there's lots of gibberish.

Oh. And lots of outright lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections