Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 05:38 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,166,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I don't know if you are watching Trump on ABC now. He is batting them away any which way they come. Stephanopolis is stumped despite his bets efforts to corner Trump into admitting a mistake. I can't imagine Biden lasting 5 min in that chair.
It's one cheap lie after another dude, what are you talking about? And he looks awful, demoralized, guilty, desperate, sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 05:42 AM

17,412 posts, read 12,039,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You mean he listened to the experts.
The experts told him to force virus positive patients into nursing homes and care facilities? The experts told him to decline to utilize the Navy hospital ship that was sent to free up beds for virus patients?

My entire family lives in NY state, they are furious at the way Cuomo has handle the virus situation. At the top of their list is sending patients into facilities to essentially kill the residents.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:44 AM

8,840 posts, read 5,176,027 times
The more Biden open`s his mouth, the better it is for Trump.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:47 AM

1,767 posts, read 572,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump's killing it

The country?
The constitution, the department of education, the DOJ, the interior, our reputation abroad, I mean the possibilities are endless.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:53 AM

272 posts, read 296,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingItEasy View Post
Herd mentality?

Freudian slip? I know sheep REDHATTERS have a herd mentality - and I think Trump knows it too, and he has taken advantage of this in his rallies.
I had to laugh when he said "herd mentality". His maga fans are his "herd mentality". All I could think of was Jim Jones and KoolAid. Especially after hearing Trump say to Woodward you drank the Kool Aid. Ha!

Old 09-16-2020, 06:07 AM

2,688 posts, read 4,236,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I agree - you don't promise what you can't deliver. If he never had a plan in place (which is glaringly obvious at this point), then he should never have said he had a wonderful plan that would cover everyone. Sure, every candidate makes campaign promises. However, there was an existing healthcare plan in place at the time, however flawed, and he crippled that one. Now he has nothing that he promised to replace it. Big mistake.
He never had a plan, and he's clueless about what a plan would even involve, so all he's capable of doing is making empty promises.

But, yeah, he's "killing it" up there, denying that he downplayed the virus after the whole world has heard him saying that he downplayed it on Woodward's recordings. I can only wonder if the magaheads who post this sort of nonsense even believe it themselves.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:08 AM

5,120 posts, read 1,700,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The virus is NOT his fault.

Nut only the really stupid would blame his inept response on anyone but him.

unless you hold the same position on Pelosi for inviting people to Chinatown on Feb24 and Mayor de Blasiio for encouraging peopple to go to packed theaters on March 4th then your stance on this subject is hypocritical.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:28 AM

18,483 posts, read 7,152,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The virus is not his fault. The economic down turn is not his fault. The stock market rebouding is not his 'fault' -- lol.

We know that.

But what is his shortcoming -- a clear, consistent plan and policy to help the country mitigate the spread and get back to normal.

What you also know, but fail to acknowledge is that the President is not a dictator.

His authority to tell individual states and municipalities how to handle the virus is constitutionally limited.

A national plan doesn't even make sense, having the same rules, restrictions and parameters in rural Idaho as Los Angeles.

You also know that it was inept Dems like Cuomo who screwed the pooch sending Covid patients into nursing homes.

Hell, Cuomo is probably personally responsible for about half of the total Covid deaths in the entire country.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:06 AM

16,019 posts, read 6,716,380 times
Yes he emits an impressive stream of verbal flatulence. I'll give him that. He's a master of the lie.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:11 AM

1,553 posts, read 931,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
The constitution, the department of education, the DOJ, the interior, our reputation abroad, I mean the possibilities are endless.

Fine work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections