Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 07:37 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,034,438 times

Advertisements

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...fter-election/

AKA Trump will win on election night which will give the leftists in Philly enough time to forge some ballots and have Biden "win" the election 3 days later. Oh and they also threw the Green Party off the ballot, democrats are doing everything in their power to cheat to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 07:56 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
You linked breitbart. Do you have a real source?

Old 09-17-2020, 07:59 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,034,438 times
I used the real source, son if you don't like my source then don't read it. I have said this multiple times and I will continue using Breitbart just to irritate leftists who whine about them.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:02 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
This has to be challenged... You can vote AFTER the election? What?!? Democrats, how can anyone vote for such a cheat...

Old 09-17-2020, 08:23 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
This has to be challenged... You can vote AFTER the election? What?!? Democrats, how can anyone vote for such a cheat...
No, you can't vote after the election. Mail in/absentee ballots that were postmarked before polls close will be accepted for three days after the election. This is to fight Trump's attempt to rig the election by sabotaging the post office.

If OP had used a real source, it would have given all the information. And OP - I'm not a leftist. I am firmly center. The problem with breitbart isn't its right wing bias. It's that it has been proven to not be a factual source, even in its bias. Using a non-factual source is simply odd.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:33 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,713 times
Pennsylvania's Supreme Court extended the due date for mail ballots in the November election, a decision that will likely result in more votes being counted in the state — and more time to determine the final results.

Mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania have previously been due by the time polls close on Election Day. But the court's order adds a three-day extension to receive ballots that are postmarked by 8 p.m. on Election Day. Ballots with a preelection postmark will now be counted as long as they are received by 5 p.m. on Nov. 6, three days after the polls close.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...xtended-417044

Old 09-17-2020, 09:30 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,217,453 times
Here it is from another right wing but credible source:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pen...after-election

There is really no new info- but once again, for the folks in the rear. Ballots must be postmarked on or before election day. They simply have three days to be sorted and delivered. An interesting point is that ten 2016 Trump states allowed the same grace period. Easy precedent should be this was how the IRS rolled before we all switched to online filing. To be honest I doubt this has an impact. The bigger deal will be PA dealing with a flood of mailed ballots that will likely amount to 25-40% of the vote. They'll probably be processing those for a week or two.

The big question will be if they have to wait until election day or close of polls to start handling all those ballots. That differs by state and can mean some states report most the day of the election and others drag on for a week or two.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:49 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
No, you can't vote after the election. Mail in/absentee ballots that were postmarked before polls close will be accepted for three days after the election. This is to fight Trump's attempt to rig the election by sabotaging the post office.

If OP had used a real source, it would have given all the information. And OP - I'm not a leftist. I am firmly center. The problem with breitbart isn't its right wing bias. It's that it has been proven to not be a factual source, even in its bias. Using a non-factual source is simply odd.
Not sure what the problem is. Ballots have to be mailed by Election Day. Ok. How is this a big deal?

Sounds like Breitbart is running out of talking points. The dementia story is dying. Biden did fine at the town hall (no teleprompters for those that are curious).

Has Breitbart done a story yet about Trump asking his supporters in NC to vote twice? That's a much bigger problem than PA accepting mail-in ballots postmarked on Election Day.

By the way, 50+ million Americans voted by mail-in ballot in 2016. Trump was elected then. What's the problem? Why is this suddenly a problem?

Old 09-18-2020, 11:12 AM

25,772 posts, read 12,840,301 times
I hope the Republicans are printing extra ballots and filling them out for Trump, and hiding them all over the place to be found in that 3 day time span when the Dems find their lost boxes of Bidens.

Old 09-18-2020, 11:17 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post

Exactly, but that is why many Republicans like to use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections