Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Want to win/Think will win
Want Biden to win/Think Biden will win 11 35.48%
Want Biden to win/Think Trump will win 2 6.45%
Want Trump to win/Think Trump will win 14 45.16%
Want Trump to win/Think Biden will win 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 09:20 AM

10,122 posts, read 7,792,278 times

Advertisements

Title of the thread says it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2020, 09:29 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,176,353 times
If the election were held today, I think Biden would win. He's doing better against Trump than Clinton was at this point in the race; Biden is even doing better than Obama did against Romney at this point. These charts illustrate this:

https://www.electoral-vote.com/evp20...05.html#item-4

Note the above charts only count those states where the candidate has at least a 5 point lead in the polls, outside the margin of error.

I want Biden to win so we can make the White House normal again. Most Americans are tired of the constant chaos and circus that Trump has brought.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:29 AM

24,516 posts, read 17,271,978 times
I want Trump to win because the Democrats have shown over the last 4 years that they are bitter losers that will do anything to attack and discredit someone they don't like. They have spread lies from the Russian Collusion nonsense to the impeachment debacle to the lie that Trump is dividing the country AND their media pushes the narratives.

It has been the Left that has divided the country by supporting the anarchist anitfa and BLM giving them space and encouragement to riot. Good people have lost their lives and everything they have worked for because the Democrats think they can blame it all on Trump.

Do we need to remind people that it was the Democrats that were no shows at Trumps inauguration. It was the Dems that have been screaming NOT my President and RESIST. It was Nancy Pelosi that tore up his state of the Union speech. Talk about dividing the country.

The Democrats are the real enemy here and given their reprehensible actions they do not deserve to win any election.

I think that Trump will win on election night but as the mail in votes are found in car trunks, on loading docks and behind dumpsters in key swing districts Biden will eventually be the winner and then Lord help us all..

It is amazing that they never did find Hillary's 30,000 missing Emails but there is little doubt the Demoncrats will be able to find just what they need to push Joe over the top.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:49 AM

10,122 posts, read 7,792,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I want Trump to win because the Democrats have shown over the last 4 years that they are bitter losers that will do anything to attack and discredit someone they don't like. They have spread lies from the Russian Collusion nonsense to the impeachment debacle to the lie that Trump is dividing the country AND their media pushes the narratives.

It has been the Left that has divided the country by supporting the anarchist anitfa and BLM giving them space and encouragement to riot. Good people have lost their lives and everything they have worked for because the Democrats think they can blame it all on Trump.

Do we need to remind people that it was the Democrats that were no shows at Trumps inauguration. It was the Dems that have been screaming NOT my President and RESIST. It was Nancy Pelosi that tore up his state of the Union speech. Talk about dividing the country.

The Democrats are the real enemy here and given their reprehensible actions they do not deserve to win any election.
Agree totally. Trump didn't divide the country, but the likes of Nancy Pelosi and other dems. They've done nothing but step in his way the whole term, but he got things done just the same and it ate them up.

It really scares me should Biden actually win.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:56 AM

8,946 posts, read 2,970,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
If the election were held today, I think Biden would win. He's doing better against Trump than Clinton was at this point in the race; Biden is even doing better than Obama did against Romney at this point. These charts illustrate this:

https://www.electoral-vote.com/evp20...05.html#item-4

Note the above charts only count those states where the candidate has at least a 5 point lead in the polls, outside the margin of error.

I want Biden to win so we can make the White House normal again. Most Americans are tired of the constant chaos and circus that Trump has brought.
Biden is doing worse in the swing state aggregate than Hillary at this point.

Old 10-05-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Biden is doing worse in the swing state aggregate than Hillary at this point.
It doesn't matter. Biden has a 5-point or more lead in states that total 300+ electoral votes. Trump could win every swing state and still lose. Of course, that's assuming the election was held today and the polls are reasonably correct.

Old 10-05-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
It doesn't matter. Biden has a 5-point or more lead in states that total 300+ electoral votes. Trump could win every swing state and still lose. Of course, that's assuming the election was held today and the polls are reasonably correct.
Sure it matters. The swing states are what will determine the election!

Old 10-05-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Sure it matters. The swing states are what will determine the election!

You might want to re-think that. What you can say, though, is that the website I linked to is overly optimistic that Biden has locked down 300+ EVs in states with a 5+ lead. I think he's sitting at around 280-290 in 5+ states myself, but it depends on which polls you choose and how you average them.

Old 10-05-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
You might want to re-think that. What you can say, though, is that the website I linked to is overly optimistic that Biden has locked down 300+ EVs in states with a 5+ lead. I think he's sitting at around 280-290 in 5+ states myself, but it depends on which polls you choose and how you average them.
Why would I want to re-think that?

The swing states are what will decide the election. What needs to be "re-thought" about that?

Old 10-05-2020, 11:13 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,344,684 times
I voted Trump/Trump. I honestly don't know who is going to win. I just know it will be a very close election. Possibly the closest in my lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections