Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 12:13 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,183,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Fauci was just on the Coumo show and stated trump looked strong and in good shape.

So let me guess, now we don’t believe the experts, the left rhetoric is the truth.
Fauci doesn't want to be fired. He is the last voice of any reason with any influence in the Trump administration. Everyone who works with Trump knows and understands that they have to say things like this to fluff Trump's ego. It was pretty clear to anyone watching that Trump was gasping for breath yesterday... but perhaps that's just because he is obese and had to walk up a few flights of stairs.

BTW, it should be remembered that the progression of Covid is not always linear. It took a month for Herman Cain to succumb, and that was after many tweets saying he was feeling good and was improving. Another recent GOP death- I believe in Arkansas- also took weeks to eventually die from it. They pumped Trump full of all sorts of drugs, but it's far, far too soon to declare him out of the woods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Lots of Democrats did not accept the 2016 results. So I don't see Trumpers doing so this time. Even if its a landslide.
How are we measuring the acceptance of the election? Were a lot of Democrats and liberals upset? Sure, but I'm not sure that alone constitutes not accepting the election. I have heard a lot of Trump supporters claim that the fact that the media has been mean to him, or the impeachment itself, is evidence that many did not accept it, but I fully disagree with that. Trump brought all that stuff on himself. He almost always ends up being the primary person responsible for what happens to him, either because he engages in behavior that is questionable at best and criminal at worst, or because he is so singularly unlikeable in everything he does. He has a particular knack for always making the wrong choice. For example, with his Covid diagnosis, he could've taken the opportunity to be mature, to encourage people to be safe, to follow safety procedures, etc., but instead he basically told people not to care about it, almost guaranteeing many more people will catch it and die. At every turn, he makes the wrong choice, even when the choice is pretty easy.

I don't think you'll find many Democrats/liberals that wanted him to all out fail at his job and for the nation to end up where it is now. They may not have liked him whatsoever, but like me, were hoping for the best and that we would be wrong about him and he would rise to the importance of the office and position. He did not. But that is a far cry from not accepting the election results.

Old 10-06-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Good analysis.

I agree that Joe Biden will struggle to hit 220 electoral votes.

Law & order are huge, and Democrats blew it by embracing BLM, ANTIFA and abolishing police proposals.
The only struggle I foresee is Trump supporters getting out of bed on November 4th.

Old 10-06-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Yes sir.

COVID was an unfortunate pandemic; but in a free country like the US, you cannot order people to wear masks and stay home while their businesses close forever.

Any President would've struggled and had deaths occur. This is not a Trump caused issue.

That is also why Democrats will lose, pure delusion that folks are voting with only COVID on the mind.

Theoretically, Biden's team would have the US in lockdown for another year. But he is not gonna win, so he can go back to sleep in his basement.
Fine, how about this: Idiots can go maskless, but if contact tracing finds that they spread the virus to others who go on to die, they be charged with manslaughter. Deal? Let's hold people accountable for putting other people's lives at risk so they can be "free" morons.

Old 10-06-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Republicans are spending big money in Texas, South Carolina, Georgia, Montana. Dems are spending in Alaska, Texas, South Carolina, Georgia etc. the Republicans pulled out of Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and Minnesota

Now GA has two senate races so is obviously going to be a target but um that’s not the strategy of a Republican Party on offense
Biden just announced a $6 million ad buy in Texas. He wouldn't be doing that if the numbers didn't support the effort. He had months of record-breaking fundraising. He certainly has the cash to be spending in swing states while also trying to expand his potential EV haul.

Last edited by jbcmh81; 10-06-2020 at 01:35 PM..

Old 10-06-2020, 12:40 PM

6,421 posts, read 8,324,930 times
Trump is definitely out of money and he's running out of time. Luck? That's the one thing Trump seems to still have plenty of, but maybe that's running out, too..

If COVID outbreaks at the WH and now Pentagon were supposed to show his strength and a calculated strategy to convert undecided, I'm having a really hard time seeing it...

Old 10-06-2020, 12:47 PM

2,224 posts, read 2,822,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Life will go on either way. People on both sides are way too dramatic on if the other side wins. Our country is bigger and stronger and better than either elderly candidate. Neither one scares me. Its the hyper partisans on either side that worry me. And they will be around regardless. The BLM people and the ANTIFA rioters as well as the Proud Boys and MAGA morons fighting on the other side. The ones out on the streets protesting and fighting are unhinged and could push the country into chaos or worse.
That you make moral equivalence between the AntiFA Marxist goons and those *fighting back* against them is sad indeed. This is why it is hard to take Big-L "Libertarians" seriously. The Republican Liberty Caucus, on the other hand, does much constructive good.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:18 PM

1,969 posts, read 549,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckG2008 View Post
My point still stands that the Covid pandemic has negatively affected a lot more people than some isolated urban riots have. It is important to have order in society, but when a president says one thing in private and a completely different message in public about a highly contagious virus, that's intentionally misleading the American public, many of whom already don't trust the news so that makes his word that much more important.
The american public is not privy to most important information like it or not. There have probably been real terrorist threats happening while we picnic at the park.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:43 PM

798 posts, read 509,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Trump Stans, I got a question for you:

Does COVID outbreak at the Pentagon help or hurt Trump's chances?
He did not succumb to COVID-19 and He received death wishes.

I have a feeling Karma is on his side.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:46 PM

1,049 posts, read 660,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The only struggle I foresee is Trump supporters getting out of bed on November 4th.

That won't be a struggle for them if Trump loses. In a matter of fact, they will be pulling all-nighters till January 20th to convince us that everything from mail-votes to hurricanes to COVID-19 was all an elaborate hoax. A hoax to install a New World Order that would send Conservatives to concentration camps in dead malls and to allow for Elite Pedos to harvest our children's adrenal glands. If things weren't a setup their prediction of Trump winning Wisconsin by 14 points and being competitive in New York City would have come true. A few that don't go that route will be trying to get their county or state to secede from the union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections