Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 06:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,061,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://www.wnd.com/2020/10/rush-lim...-doesnt-exist/

They don't. Its quite odd lately the polls AREN'T showing WHO they are polling AT ALL...some are but most aren't. It's hard to find the breakdown because the people are onto their BS.
You are naive if you think Trump's own campaign hasn't conducted polls and we hear nothing from them.

All elections, every campaign does their own polls.

And if they were good for Trump you KNOW we would hear about it.

Lots of swing states means that those states it is hard to call an election. The only indicator a campaign has are the polls and the trends. Don't focus on the absolute numbers -- focus on the trend.

The sampling process doesn't vary much from poll site to poll site. And it is right -- some poll more left than right and some poll more right than left.

But the trend is a good thing. Trump polling isn't trending in the right direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 07:03 AM

24,540 posts, read 17,291,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnflagranteDelicto View Post
What would be their motiviation for lying?

Showing a big Dem lead would only help republicans by motivating them to vote, and depressing dem turnout through complacency.

On the flip side I think they are hoping to suppress the Trump turnout by convincing his supporters that there is no hope so why bother showing up to vote.

They tried this with Hillary telling us that she was going to win in a landslide.

I don't believe any polls. they are all skewed. I don't know why we put so much faith into them.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,061,344 times
Swing states did not show 'landslides' -- that's why they were called swing states. And it took 3 swing states for Trump to win........

Old 10-07-2020, 07:20 AM

1,049 posts, read 655,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
What would be the motive to falsify a poll? If the polls say Biden is up 20% in my state, I might think we got this in the bag and decide to stay home. If the poll said Biden is losing by 2 points you bet I’m going to vote and see if I can help flip it the other way.
I think that is the strategy of some Trump supporters on here. Their logic is that if they can get enough people to lie and say they are Biden supporters that Biden and his campaign may release the foot of the gas thinking that they are ahead by way more than they really are.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:45 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,706,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I'd rather be a Biden supporter looking at good polls including the swing states than be a Trump supporter listening to right wing media making things up right now. - But what about 2016??? that was 4 years ago and in the past. A funny thing with 2016 is that most of the poling was correct especially at the national level, the problem was they had a dearth of low quality polling coming out of the swings states that usually went blue. And that was a polling miss of the ages. There is not a dearth of low quality polls coming out of swing states this cycle. Enthusiasm to just vote is the highest it's ever been on both sides. The election is happening now. Keep track of this link, it tracks early voting which is advantage Democrat

https://electproject.github.io/Early...20G/index.html
2016: 21 Wisconsin polls from over 4 months from Election Day
2020: 40 Wisconsin polls from over 4 months to the present

That's just one example. An eyeball test of MI and PA shows more polls than 2016, more frequently taken by pollsters generally rated higher.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:01 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,690,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://www.wnd.com/2020/10/rush-lim...-doesnt-exist/

They don't. Its quite odd lately the polls AREN'T showing WHO they are polling AT ALL...some are but most aren't. It's hard to find the breakdown because the people are onto their BS.
I don’t typically believe the polls, but the one just released on West Virginia is hard to ignore. Biden is almost getting 40% support in West Virginia. A state where Hillary got 26% back in 2016. If Biden is getting almost 40% in West Virginia he’s going to steamroll trump in the battlegrounds and win by a huge margin. Trump is at 56% which is quite low for West Virginia. A state that loves him more than anywhere else. It’s safe to say MAGA is ending next month.

Old 10-07-2020, 09:29 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,942,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I don’t typically believe the polls, but the one just released on West Virginia is hard to ignore. Biden is almost getting 40% support in West Virginia. A state where Hillary got 26% back in 2016. If Biden is getting almost 40% in West Virginia he’s going to steamroll trump in the battlegrounds and win by a huge margin. Trump is at 56% which is quite low for West Virginia. A state that loves him more than anywhere else. It’s safe to say MAGA is ending next month.
That's a real surprise about West Virginia. Maybe some blowback from the coal miners that now understand how they were played for fools by Trump's assurances that he would bring back the coal industry. The folks in WV don't put up with getting jerked around, it doesn't matter if an R or a D is beside the name.

Even if he loses, Trump can do a lot of damage between now and January 20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections