Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 06:13 PM

2,774 posts, read 904,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Catholic church is a hypocritical institution at its core. Knee deep in decades of child abuse all over the globe that wounded people and prob. drove many to alcoholism/drug abuse/suicide. Plus hiding it and hiding the priests. Child abuse is a crime and they ran a criminal enterprise. They really have no moral ground to stand on.

That deep stain on the Catholic church exempts them from putting out any type of moral policing on anyone else.

I guess they also forgot the part where T has made nearly every possible moral infraction that a person could make...and continues to make. His personal life and professional life are full of "sin," and he doesn't "repent," just keeps doing it over and over.

I grew up Catholic.
I was raised Catholic also. Alter boy, Catholic school, dad's brother a priest, mom's brother a priest, latin Mass, etc.. I quit all things Catholic in high school and when I returned to Christianity in my late 20's it was via the Lutherna church, and then Evangelical non-denominational Christian after the Lutheran's went left.

I think some Catholics are Christians just as I think some protestants are Christians. On the other hand not all Catholics and protestants including Evangelicals are Christians. That is another topic for another day.

I, as a Christian can't vote for any democrat because there isn't a single plank in their platform that I can stand on. The democrats have become vehemently anti-Christian and anti-Jew. It's as simple as that. There is nothing about President Trump that we didn't know before he became president. He, very much like myself, is a flawed human being. He wasn't elected because he was an eloquent, soft spoken man. He was elected because a Hillary Clinton presidency was unacceptable for half of voting Americans. I don't know what his relationship to God is. But he has stood up for Christianity more than any recent president, including Jimmy Carter, who loved to wave his "Christian" flag while giving a wink and a nod to abortion. And now in his retirement, Carter's anti-Semitic views are full blown.

You can pass judgement on Trump's life, flawed as it is, if you like. I believe God uses people, regardless of their beliefs, for His purposes. Right now President Trump is the only person standing between Americans who want to preserve the principles this country was founded on, as spelled out in the constitution, and the angry, violent left, who wants to tear the country down, including the constitution.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:27 PM

5,849 posts, read 4,186,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
I was raised Catholic also. Alter boy, Catholic school, dad's brother a priest, mom's brother a priest, latin Mass, etc.. I quit all things Catholic in high school and when I returned to Christianity in my late 20's it was via the Lutherna church, and then Evangelical non-denominational Christian after the Lutheran's went left.

I think some Catholics are Christians just as I think some protestants are Christians. On the other hand not all Catholics and protestants including Evangelicals are Christians. That is another topic for another day.

I, as a Christian can't vote for any democrat because there isn't a single plank in their platform that I can stand on. The democrats have become vehemently anti-Christian and anti-Jew. It's as simple as that. There is nothing about President Trump that we didn't know before he became president. He, very much like myself, is a flawed human being. He wasn't elected because he was an eloquent, soft spoken man. He was elected because a Hillary Clinton presidency was unacceptable for half of voting Americans. I don't know what his relationship to God is. But he has stood up for Christianity more than any recent president, including Jimmy Carter, who loved to wave his "Christian" flag while giving a wink and a nod to abortion. And now in his retirement, Carter's anti-Semitic views are full blown.

You can pass judgement on Trump's life, flawed as it is, if you like. I believe God uses people, regardless of their beliefs, for His purposes. Right now President Trump is the only person standing between Americans who want to preserve the principles this country was founded on, as spelled out in the constitution, and the angry, violent left, who wants to tear the country down, including the constitution.
Ah, the guy who told me to go die in traffic and another poster that she should have her children taken away from her because she disagreed with him on politics is a Christian. How ironic.

I'm sure this is what Jesus had in mind with the beattitudes.

Old 10-27-2020, 07:45 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,051,258 times
Personally, I don't see how anyone who calls themself Christian could vote for DJT.

I think all Christians should be voting in this election based on character - not on the single issue of abortion. Like it or not, abortions will continue - whether or not they are legal. Many years ago, my mother's sister died of an illegal, back alley abortion. She was 20 years old.

I grew up in the Bible belt. I remember Jimmy Swaggart and the moral majority...and when Pat Robertson thought he was called to run for president.... I'm not here to defend christianity.

But, if you're debating whether or not to vote for Mr. Trump as a Catholic or as a Christian, look in your Bible. The Bible gives us many examples of good and bad leaders.

There are no perfect people. Even God's chosen people made mistakes along the way.

But, godly leaders are quick to repent and change their ways when they mis-speak or otherwise offend people.

Godly leaders are compassionate. They don't divide people and look down on the poor.

Godly leaders aren't arrogant.

Not quick to anger. A good leader models self control.

Good leaders make decisions that are best for the people they serve - not based on self interest or a personal agenda. They will admit when they've made a bad decision or mistake.

A good leader knows he doesn't know everything. They seek the wisdom and advice of experts - not just yes men.
The ability to listen to and heed the advice of experts is the mark of a good leader.

"History has proven that no country has been able to rise above the influence of its leader.
For better or worse, people become like those they follow."

10 Characteristics of a Good Leader - Proverbs - Free Sunday School Lessons

Last edited by World Citizen; 10-27-2020 at 08:56 AM..

Old 10-27-2020, 12:07 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,527,685 times
I am not voting for Trump to be my minister or priest. Many people in history haven't been perfect but have been great leaders who did the right thing.

Biden has lied about his past plus he is a very hypocritical person. He just says what will give him power. If you watch Trump interviews from years ago he says the same thing then as he says now.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:08 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,572,537 times
People with a conscience will be voting for Joe.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
People with a conscience will be voting for Joe.
I have a Catholic conscience and Biden is a fake Catholic, not just my view but view of many priests and other Catholics. Partial birth abortion is not the Catholic view or most people's view of what is good.

Old 10-27-2020, 12:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post

Just wanted to let you know there are still 2 right wing Lutheran synods and that is why we went to the Lutheran church after we had it with the Episcopalian religion. Many of our congregation which is MO Synod are X Episcopalians.

Old 11-06-2020, 10:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cnu2NermFw

Post Election Thoughts + Q&A with Father James Altman

Father James Altman of Saint James the Less Catholic Church (La Crosse, WI) came onto a LIVE broadcast of 'Talking Catholic with David L. Gray' to give his Post-Election Thoughts and Answer your Questions.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallymay008 View Post
Dont worry, dear. Your "catholic conscience" is simply "flawed."
I don't follow sallymay, I follow Jesus.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdQZOlD2Xx0

Father Altman Homily - 11.06.2020
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections