Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 07:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,807,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Trump is 'far liberal' compared to Biden?

The 'more conservative republicans' are the ones breaking to Biden???? c'mon man!!!!
"c'mon man" - You're sounding like your candidate, Biden.

I wasn't comparing the two. You have two liberal candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 07:47 PM

13,441 posts, read 4,283,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Many of them are conservative republicans. With Trump going far liberal and running under the republican name, conservatives are split on where to cast their vote.

Conservatives Republicans that want the green deal, obamacare 2, higher taxes, pack the courts with activist judges and a far left stimulus package of trillion of dollars that includes paying illegals and back paying them>????.....sounds like rinos to me not conservatives.

No split for conservatives, they never were in the first place.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:50 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,361 times
Quote:
"c'mon man" - You're sounding like your candidate, Biden.
Uh...that was the intention....although Biden isn't my candidate.

If you can't see a difference between the two I guess Biden must be yours however.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:58 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times
Quote:
Many of them are conservative republicans. With Trump going far liberal and running under the republican name, conservatives are split on where to cast their vote.
I don't think Trump is very much a 'liberal'. He has no ideology.

At heart Trump is a libertine, not a liberal.

From what I can tell there literally is no method to his madness. I think when left to himself he governs by hunch most of the time.

If Republicans were for gun control, he would be too. If Republicans were for abortion on demand, he would be too.

Since they are not, he is not. They give him a list and he follows it. The ultimate sophist.

Of course, when he was out to snag the Republican nomination and needed the backing of the full RNC, there was some serious horse trading behind the scenes. Paul Ryan really held out for a serious stretch, until Trump made some promises.

So they had some kind of deal cooked up, and Trump agreed to some things. His big donors like Sheldon Adelson helped him too, like a 'kitchen cabinet' ... to let him know what a good Republican should do. That's where the big tax cut for the wealthy came from. They pointed out how important that was to the donors and how much he would personally profit by it and he was all for it. He abandoned a lot of campaign promises for that deal in 2017.

This is also why they never came up with a replacement for the ACA. Despite all the promises, er, essentially lies about Repeal AND REPLACE, and the "protections" for pre-existing conditions ... the donors were never on board with a replacement for the ACA, and the Republican Congress never reached a consensus the donors would be willing to back. For Trump's part he would have signed anything the Republicans set before him, literally ANYTHING they put in front of him! He was practically begging the Republican Congress for a bill to sign, without regard to what was in it.

Trump never needed health insurance in his entire life, didn't understand what it meant to people or the ultimate consequences of the changes they were contemplating, and Trump could not have cared less about the details. He still doesn't care.

If he was a liberal, he would care about THAT issue very much.

Old 10-26-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Uh...that was the intention....although Biden isn't my candidate.

If you can't see a difference between the two I guess Biden must be yours however.
anybody that lies to me about 3 big things like wars, healthcare and crime bill doesn't get my vote. I gave Biden the benefit of the doubt years ago. When he said during the primaries that he was arrested with Nelson Mandela in Africa to pander the black votes and the corn pops thing, that was it, he can lie about anything.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:04 PM

5,651 posts, read 6,208,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Conservatives Republicans that want the green deal, obamacare 2, higher taxes, pack the courts with activist judges and a far left stimulus package of trillion of dollars that includes paying illegals and back paying them>????.....sounds like rinos to me not conservatives.

"Conservative," in the sense the term was used in the Reagan years, cannot be used to describe Trump. Conservatives who want more fiscal conservatism are not happy about the debt that has done nothing but grow under Trump. Also, traditional conservatives are for free trade, which Trump's policies oppose. Supporting free markets was once one of the hallmarks of conservatives. Under the Trump style of Republicanism these folks are now called "globalists" as an insult. Also, traditional conservatives have been more open to legal immigration than Trump to help ensure we get new talent in the country. Although Trump claims to only oppose illegal immigration, his policices have quietly increasingly limited legal immigration. One can argue whichever view you have on whether that is a good thing, but I think traditional conservatives are much more open to legal immigration than Trump's wing of the Republican Party.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:17 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,807,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post

The issue is that you have an very liberal President running under the Republican party and supported by those rinos you speak of. Where are conservatives to go? There's no clear direction. So they will likely vote on conservative issues... whichever ones are most important to them. Fiscal conservatives will likely vote for Biden after Trump's horrible performance in this area. Social conservatives will likely vote for Trump or another candidate.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:22 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,752,657 times
I read that Trump has much higher support among Republicans then Biden to the Democrats, I think it’s from WSJ.

Old 10-26-2020, 08:35 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I read that Trump has much higher support among Republicans then Biden to the Democrats, I think it’s from WSJ.
It's the other way around. 8% of Republicans support Biden. 4% of Democrats support Trump. However, this can vary by state.

Look at polls for battleground states for details for that given state to find out percent of Rs that vote for Biden and percent of Ds that vote for Trump. Half the polls have such detail.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
The issue is that you have an very liberal President running under the Republican party and supported by those rinos you speak of. Where are conservatives to go? There's no clear direction. So they will likely vote on conservative issues... whichever ones are most important to them. Fiscal conservatives will likely vote for Biden after Trump's horrible performance in this area. Social conservatives will likely vote for Trump or another candidate.
Trump is more conservative than both Bushes that ruled for 12 years. He has been spot on on judges and taxes. So if they supported both Bushes and their wars and nation building and raised government spending and powers like the Patriot Act, they can't come now and complain about Trump.

You can't have free trade when the other side (China) doesn't play by the rules. If I take your products you have to take mine. You can't devalue your currency to affect our production. That is not free trade.

So these conservatives have a problem Trump taxing China but they don't have a problem Biden raising our taxes and business ??? LMAO!! Real consistent there from these conservatives. If Conservatives vote for Biden with his 47 year record and current platform then they are not true conservatives. You can be a conservative and vote for:

Higher taxes'
Obamacare 2
Green Deal
A power grab takeover of their stimulus that most has nothing to do with the virus. They even want to pay illegals and say paying for their healthcare is a right.
packing the SC with activist judges to push abortions on demand.
identity politics and the list is long.

Imagine if trump says that paying the healthcare of illegals was a right and will raise taxes to pay for it, conservatives would go nuts but these conservatives are ok if Biden does it? LMAO! Nothing that Trump has done in 4 years is close to Biden's 47 years and his platform with Kamala Harris. I don't buy it, these are the same rinos that voted for Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections