Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 10:02 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Given where we are in the polls, 340 is not far-fetched at all. Biden has a better than 50% chance of winning Pennsylvania and if you think Florida is a toss-up, then he's got a 50% chance of winning there too. He wins both Florida and Penn then 340 is easy.
Failed math?

The only way mathematically Biden could get 340 would be to win all the battleground states AND either Texas or Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 10:07 AM

1,049 posts, read 959,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Failed math?

The only way mathematically Biden could get 340 would be to win all the battleground states AND either Texas or Georgia.
That's actually not true. He can get to 340 by winning all battlegrounds except OH and GA. Would not need TX.

340 is super unlikely, but it is possible without winning every battleground state plus TX or GA as you said.

BTW, GA is a battleground state now, it's a toss-up.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:14 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
That's actually not true. He can get to 340 by winning all battlegrounds except OH and GA. Would not need TX.

340 is super unlikely, but it is possible without winning every battleground state plus TX or GA as you said.

So is TX now. Both Cook Political and NBC have moved if from Lean R to toss up in the past day. These things don't happen in isolation. You gotta think that if TX is a toss up this is not going to be a nail biter election.

And then we say, on the other hand...

Old 10-28-2020, 10:27 AM

993 posts, read 766,406 times
Quote:
The only way Biden could get 340 is if the Democrats hack the system and steal the election in Texas and Georgia. Anybody who says its 340-350 isn't making much sense. More likely Trump gets 340.
I don’t think this scenario is implausible. And Trump wins both Texas and Georgia.
https://www.270towin.com/

Old 10-28-2020, 10:28 AM

993 posts, read 766,406 times
Quote:
Failed math?

Not true.

https://www.270towin.com/

Old 10-28-2020, 10:30 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post

I don't really consider OH, GA or TX battleground states. They won't be blowouts for Trump, but its very unlikely he loses.

They are battleground states only if you consider Oregon a battleground state. All are safe for one party, but close enough you can't ignore them.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:38 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
It's truly terrifying to think about... these 2 becoming POTUS.

I'm confident it won't happen though.

#TRUMP2020
You really should be banned for such trash posting like this.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:40 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You are kidding right? Trump has had much worse...

Old 10-28-2020, 10:50 AM

1,361 posts, read 552,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
... and you should really mind your own business and go back to your garbage posts about how orange man bad. But since I'm 99.9999999% sure that you have already reported the post... I removed the linked image. Happy now? ... and no, I wouldn't be "banned." I've linked images like that dozens of times and the mods just delete them after people like you cry about it. I know that's what happens because all my rep comments that I've gotten show the post as "N/A" which means it was deleted.

Cry me a river now... no... just wait till after the election. You are definitely the most annoying TDS poster here. You should feel special.

BTW, I'm glad you made the comment... because it was a great opportunity to give you a piece of my mind. I'm a lot like Trump in that way...

#TRUMP2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You are kidding right? Trump has had much worse...
Ain't that the truth... LOL

Old 10-28-2020, 11:01 AM

1,049 posts, read 959,918 times
Quote:
I don't really consider OH, GA or TX battleground states. They won't be blowouts for Trump, but its very unlikely he loses.

They are battleground states only if you consider Oregon a battleground state. All are safe for one party, but close enough you can't ignore them.
Whether you consider them battlegrounds or not is irrelevant. Fact is they are battlegrounds, Trump is tied in GA and only up by around 4 points in TX and OH. Is it unlikely he will lose them? Sure, but it's also quite possible he could. Biden's chances in those states are about the same Trump had in WI, MI, PA in 2016.

As for considering Oregon a battleground if we consider TX, GA, OH ones? Total logical fallacy, Biden leads Oregon by 12 points, it's a solid blue state, there is no comparison to TX, GA, or OH.

Last edited by WrongStreet; 10-28-2020 at 11:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections