Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 09:47 AM

506 posts, read 513,884 times

Advertisements

Trump brags that he is the best at making deals.

So what are the deals he has made that are successful and work in favor of the American people?

Old 11-08-2020, 01:01 PM

447 posts, read 498,548 times
Crickets. All that I can hear here is crickets chirping.

I cannot think of any deals that Trump made that benefit Americans as a whole. Surely there must be some Trump defendants out there that can name at least one Trump deal that legitimately benefitted America.

Why is this thread so silent?

Old 11-08-2020, 01:15 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,967,366 times
I guess you qualify as a low information voter. New agreement with Mexico and Canada to replace NAFTA. New Trade agreement with China.

Old 11-08-2020, 01:39 PM

506 posts, read 513,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I guess you qualify as a low information voter. New agreement with Mexico and Canada to replace NAFTA. New Trade agreement with China.
Sources? I did ask what deals benefit Americans for the better.

Old 11-08-2020, 01:46 PM

30,750 posts, read 18,452,523 times
Replacing NAFTA, signing new trade agreements with Japan and other nations, getting criminal justice reform done via the First Step Act (something that eluded presidents of both parties for decades) to undue Biden's vote on crime bills from decades prior, permanently funding HBCUs at the federal level for the first time ever, enacting major tax reform, getting NATO members to pay more for their defense, getting Japan and South Korea to pay more for hosting our troops, negotiating peace agreements between Israel and several of her Islamic neighbors, etc.

I can keep going, but those are all examples of successful and meaningful deals that President Trump has been able to see through, both domestically and internationally.

OP, Google is your friend for these. If you've been watching MSDNC for the past four years, I can understand why you aren't knowledgeable of many of these deals. But they are still there for all to see.

Old 11-08-2020, 03:41 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,664,207 times
I don't why people think that NAFTA2 is a great accomplishment. It almost exactly the same as the original NAFTA. Trump/US did not get what they wanted.

"Overall, the changes from the old NAFTA are mostly cosmetic."

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...the-new-nafta/

Old 11-08-2020, 03:48 PM

25,699 posts, read 17,471,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
Trump brags that he is the best at making deals.

So what are the deals he has made that are successful and work in favor of the American people?
ISIS.
"You give up the fight or we'll kill every one of you".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv_cBlJHW98

Old 11-08-2020, 03:49 PM

30,750 posts, read 18,452,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I don't why people think that NAFTA2 is a great accomplishment. It almost exactly the same as the original NAFTA. Trump/US did not get what they wanted.

"Overall, the changes from the old NAFTA are mostly cosmetic."

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...the-new-nafta/
Nothing is going to be a total win in a situation like this and give and take is necessary.

But, from the same article you posted:

Quote:
. . . the biggest changes include higher rules-of-origin requirements for the auto sector

The Trump administration got at least part of what it wanted. Coverage of the final U.S.-Canada talks have suggested it was a compromise outcome—the U.S. succeeded in winning a (modest) opening of the Canadian dairy market, while Canada persevered in preserving the Chapter 19 dispute settlement system and its special protections for Canadian cultural industries. While it’s true this was a compromise relative to the negotiating positions of the two sides, when judged against the standard of the previously existing NAFTA it’s clear the U.S. got more of what it wanted. Canada’s “victories” consisted of maintaining the status quo in many important areas; but while actual changes to NAFTA were modest, they were almost uniformly in the direction of what the U.S. wanted, and away from what Canada and Mexico wanted. Trump’s aggressive, threatening approach succeeded in eliciting modest concessions from two of its closest trading partners.
All in all, the new NAFTA is better than the old NAFTA for the American worker. We can quibble about degree, but it's still better and an example of a successful deal orchestrated by Donald Trump.

Old 11-08-2020, 04:04 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,164,694 times
I don't think he's made any good deals for the American people overall.

He has made some good deals for the very rich, and made a lot of good deals for himself, especially ones that let him evade oversight.

Old 11-08-2020, 04:05 PM

2,046 posts, read 777,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post
Sources? I did ask what deals benefit Americans for the better.
Trumps trade deal with Mexico heavily favored the US. Him forcing Mexico to patrol their side of the border was important.

Unfortunately, all the steps will be taken will be undone so the left can grow their base.

Maybe one day you liberals will wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections