Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2020, 10:57 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,934,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
Sounds like the Russian hoax
Sure you don’t mean the COVID hoax ?

Trump supporters will call anything that makes Trump look bad a “hoax”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2020, 11:10 PM

11,475 posts, read 11,626,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Article II, Section 1, Clauses 2 and 3 https://constitutioncenter.org/inter...ii/clauses/350

Clause 2 - "Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress; but no Senator or Representative, or person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States shall be appointed an Elector."

Clause 3 - "The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States."

Any misspelling of the above clauses comes due to spelling at the time of the writing of the Constitution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Good question. 10th Amendment. The text of the Constitution pretty much says a presidential election is legitimate when the Electoral College says it is. It doesn’t lay out a process for do-overs. That means it's up to states to decide that. 10th Amendment.

That's what the founder's intended- the states will decide federal elections- NOT the executive office of the president. That would be a profound conflict of interest.

States have 6 days before Electoral College day to decide it's electors without congress getting involved. Known as safe harbor day. This year Electoral College day is on Dec 14 and states must have electors by Dec 7 to be 'safe' and avoid congress getting involved. if they don't, or they have a conflicting vote (no winner), it goes to congress.

Until Dec 7 (safe from congress) and by sure Dec 14 Electoral voting day, the gov can certify an election but doing so doesn't 'turn-off' the legislature's power to write election law. Or any law.

The state legislatures decide how voting will happen and how electors are chosen by Dec 7. Not the gov. Not a state official. Not Trump. Not Biden. Not the media. The state legislatures. In all states. Within federal law (like cutoff date)

Wow! I just watched Jenna Ellis’s interview on Newsmax and now I know where you guys are getting all this nonsense.

Her interpretation of this is simply factually incorrect. I don’t know why she’s saying it.

The important part that she’s leaving out is that the state already selected its process for selecting electors prior to Nov 3rd. The Supreme Court has held that you cannot change rules after the election. It has also held that the governor is part of the Constitutional definition of “legislature.”

There are plenty of writings on this topic by constitutional law scholars.

She’s feeding you guys a line of bull****. I’m sorry that you believe it. It’s not going to end well because it’s all lies.

Old 11-27-2020, 11:24 PM

6,224 posts, read 2,830,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Right, and the sabotage of the US Postal System to delay mail in ballots so they could ultimately try to get them thrown out. That is where the real election fraud has occurred.

Trump supporters say just wait... and yes, just wait til after Jan 20th and the investigations start looking into the REAL fraud.
Yes a Dem AG won't look to kindly on those people.

Old 11-27-2020, 11:58 PM

1,231 posts, read 451,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Wow! I just watched Jenna Ellis’s interview on Newsmax and now I know where you guys are getting all this nonsense.

Her interpretation of this is simply factually incorrect. I don’t know why she’s saying it.

The important part that she’s leaving out is that the state already selected its process for selecting electors prior to Nov 3rd. The Supreme Court has held that you cannot change rules after the election. It has also held that the governor is part of the Constitutional definition of “legislature.”

She’s feeding you guys a line of bull****. I’m sorry that you believe it. It’s not going to end well because it’s all lies.
We know some will believe what they want to feed thier agenda, even if they are trying to subvert the will of the people and destroy democracy.

Old 11-28-2020, 12:05 AM

11,475 posts, read 11,626,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
We know some will believe what they want to feed thier agenda, even if they are trying to subvert the will of the people and destroy democracy.
It was so disturbing to watch her, I assume knowingly, talk about doing things that run completely counter to our rule of law. I hope she is disbarred for her outright lies.

Old 11-28-2020, 12:28 AM

21,427 posts, read 7,507,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post

More than anything else, it is probably driven by the Trump campaign's need to generate cash. Somehow, some way ... the campaign lost a lot of money. Either they overpaid for things or there was graft, or just poor stewardship.

The campaign is using this misinformation to solicit donations, it is probably hauling in a lot of money, but most of the money is going to retire debt and build up the war chest, not really to fight this bogus fraud claim.

They are ginning up the base to raise money.

Old 11-28-2020, 04:37 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,746,168 times
Pa is BLUE, case Closed by 3 Federal Judges !!!

Old 11-28-2020, 06:59 AM

20,700 posts, read 12,586,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
There is one case that is making its way through the courts. In time, there will be more.

Do you seriously think that when fraud is unearthed, it's going to be released to the public in great detail? Seriously? Good lawyers hold their cards close to their chests. In time, all will be revealed.

But then, again, you are 100% sure that there is no fraud at all. Then why are you here protesting loudly? If you are truly confident in your belief, you should be chill and patient.

Or is it that you are terrified as to what will be revealed?
Good lawyers go to court with evidence.

Old 11-28-2020, 07:08 AM

18,567 posts, read 7,435,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
OMG lol yeah sure it is unconsitutional. Democrats are not the ones cheating here.
Yes, it is unconstitutional. There is a real world with real facts. You need to acquaint yourself with it.

Old 11-28-2020, 07:30 AM

11,986 posts, read 5,327,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
More than anything else, it is probably driven by the Trump campaign's need to generate cash. Somehow, some way ... the campaign lost a lot of money. Either they overpaid for things or there was graft, or just poor stewardship.

The campaign is using this misinformation to solicit donations, it is probably hauling in a lot of money, but most of the money is going to retire debt and build up the war chest, not really to fight this bogus fraud claim.

They are ginning up the base to raise money.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

With Trump, it’s always about the grift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections