Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2020, 07:31 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,300,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Pa is BLUE, case Closed by 3 Federal Judges !!!
All appointed by Republican Presidents. The opinion was written by a Trump appointee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 07:36 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,300,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
The authority is from the U.S. Constitution. No state law, state Constitution restriction can limit it. The state legislatures decide who electors will be. There is no limit about 2/3 vote, in session, out of session, or called by governor or court. The power is a direct grant from the U.S. Constitution to each state legislature regarding selection of Presidential and Vice Presidential electors. It has nothing to do with ordinary state legislative business. They can't transact any other business, but there is no limit imposed by this direct Constitutional grant of power to the state legislatures.
It’s amazing how many world-class constitutional lawyers have nothing better to do than post anonymously on bulletin boards.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:17 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,569,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
More than anything else, it is probably driven by the Trump campaign's need to generate cash. Somehow, some way ... the campaign lost a lot of money. Either they overpaid for things or there was graft, or just poor stewardship.

The campaign is using this misinformation to solicit donations, it is probably hauling in a lot of money, but most of the money is going to retire debt and build up the war chest, not really to fight this bogus fraud claim.

They are ginning up the base to raise money.
I’m sure there is some truth there.

It was fascinating to read the Trumpies on this forum post that the legislatures could act unilaterally to overthrow the election. I figured that they were just making this up themselves or repeating some conspiracy from the dark corners of the internet. I then tuned into Newsmax to see Jenna Ellis pitching this line. The stooges on the forum are just parroting her completely false talking points.

It makes me sad because I just thought the posters here were making this stuff up, but apparently these are the actual talking points from the campaign. Instead of being crazy, the posters on here are just marks in their con. I’m uncertain how they will react when the reality of constitutional law comes crashing down on them.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:21 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,964,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I’m sure there is some truth there.

It was fascinating to read the Trumpies on this forum post that the legislatures could act unilaterally to overthrow the election. I figured that they were just making this up themselves or repeating some conspiracy from the dark corners of the internet. I then tuned into Newsmax to see Jenna Ellis pitching this line. The stooges on the forum are just parroting her completely false talking points.

It makes me sad because I just thought the posters here were making this stuff up, but apparently these are the actual talking points from the campaign, so instead of being crazy, the posters on here are marks in their con.

I’m uncertain how they will react when the reality of constitutional law comes crashing down on them.
I'm sure they believe these conspiracy theories. It's like catnip to the Rightists. Unfortunately, when "constitutional law comes crashing down on them" they will continue to believe in some sort of steal.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
I'm sure they believe these conspiracy theories. It's like catnip to the Rightists. Unfortunately, when "constitutional law comes crashing down on them" they will continue to believe in some sort of steal.
No doubt. Maybe at least one of them will take the time to read take from actual constitutional law experts as well as what they are being spoon fed on OANN and Newsmax. I took the time to check their echo chamber out because I was curious why they were thinking something that, in my view, is completely divorced from reality.

They don’t even need to go through the Main Stream Media to get this information. These people are offering their information direct to consumer.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:32 AM

3,649 posts, read 1,605,333 times
PA mess will have to go to the SC. PA SC extended the deadline for mail-in ballots to be received, only the legislature can do that.

Quote:
Pennsylvania Election Code: all mail-in ballots to be received by eight o’clock P.M. on the day of the election.
Not only that the PA SC authorized (illegally) that ballots could be accepted without a verified voter signature and signatures don't have to be authenticated. That made treating in-person and mail-in voters dissimilar.

Pennsylvania Election Code was not followed throughout the election! That's like playing a super bowl match in 59:59 minutes, not 60:00, and officials declare a winner, and game called over. Officials didn't follow playing code. A game was played. A team 'won'. Fans cheered. Parade in the street. But rules can only be changed by NFL constitution procedures.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
PA mess will have to go to the SC. PA SC extended the deadline for mail-in ballots to be received, only the legislature can do that.

Not only that the PA SC authorized (illegally) that ballots could be accepted without a verified voter signature and signatures don't have to be authenticated. That made treating in-person and mail-in voters dissimilar.

Pennsylvania Election Code was not followed throughout the election! That's like playing a super bowl match in 59:59 minutes, not 60:00, and officials declare a winner, and game called over. Officials didn't follow playing code. A game was played. A team 'won'. Fans cheered. Parade in the street. But rules can only be changed by NFL constitution procedures.
And which constitutional law experts agree with your assessment of this?

Old 11-28-2020, 09:58 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post

Hey, remember the 1972 Olympic basketball fiasco?

Old 11-28-2020, 10:04 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
lol there is no way this is going to happen. You guys are sore losers.

You can't select electors after the fact only before an election is held which was November 3rd th if they try something shady illegal like that it will be tossed out by the courts.

Not to to mention all the people in PA and the country it would enrage that got disenfranchised cause some sycophant wanted to steal the election for Trump.
Sore losers?

Trump did not lose.

The only votes that made the appearance of Biden winning were fake votes.

Dems do not seem to understand they have this completely wrong. The CRIME WAS THE FRAUD, which is a coup attempt and an assault on the republic itself with the assistance of foreign enemies.

The DEMS ARE THE INSTIGATORS OF THIS MESS. The republicans are only reacting to the crime and attempting to prevent the disenfranchisement of the MAJORITY OF VOTING AMERICANS.

Democrats should be outraged and indignant about the outrageous actions of their party and be HAPPY that SOMEONE is attempting to enforce the law and restore order.

With the lead of PA, look for the other swing states to take action against the rebels and restore the rule of law and the integrity of the election process.

The dems went too far this time. In thier zeal to remove Trump, they attacked the very foundation of the republic and their actions HAD TO BE ADDRESSED. If no action was taken, we no longer had a country. Even dems must understand this.

Old 11-28-2020, 10:07 AM

3,649 posts, read 1,605,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Wow! I just watched Jenna Ellis’s interview on Newsmax and now I know where you guys are getting all this nonsense.

Her interpretation of this is simply factually incorrect. I don’t know why she’s saying it.

The important part that she’s leaving out is that the state already selected its process for selecting electors prior to Nov 3rd. The Supreme Court has held that you cannot change rules after the election. It has also held that the governor is part of the Constitutional definition of “legislature.”

There are plenty of writings on this topic by constitutional law scholars.

She’s feeding you guys a line of bull****. I’m sorry that you believe it. It’s not going to end well because it’s all lies.
I stand corrected. The gov and SOS do have to revoke their certification. You are correct.

The PA senate resolution is asking for the gov to revoke certification of what they claim is a very tainted election having significant state election code violations. And delay certification of the other state votes. Not likely he will. No matter what evidence is presented. Or even proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections