Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 07:50 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,395,614 times

Advertisements

that "cloud of fear" that she is referring to is how Bush has drummed into us that we had to go into Iraq to get rid of the terrorists and how the Bush campaign and now McCain is telling us that we need to be in fear. Maybe we do; maybe we don't, but I don't have that cloud of fear over my head, except to say that I fear Bush and McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 09:33 AM

437 posts, read 633,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama Would Have Had A Chance On The White House, If He Didn't Had Michelle As His Wife.
The Rev. As His Pastor.
William Ayers As His Terrorist Friend.
The Plo Friend.
And All Other Losers As Friends.

Obama Him Self Has So Much Charisma He Would Have Made It On His Own But With This Load Of Losers, He Will Never Make It To The White House.
Oh, ballocks. You were never going to vote for Obama to begin with. He could have Oprah for a wife, the Pope for a priest and Jesus Christ as his personal adviser and you'd STILL find fault. So please don't like as if Obama ever had a chance with you.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:18 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
that "cloud of fear" that she is referring to is how Bush has drummed into us that we had to go into Iraq to get rid of the terrorists and how the Bush campaign and now McCain is telling us that we need to be in fear. Maybe we do; maybe we don't, but I don't have that cloud of fear over my head, except to say that I fear Bush and McCain.

no, it is not.
She kept saying how we are afraid because folks get "held down".
Held down by who??
She went to Harvard for crying out loud.
Who has stopped her from doing wanted she has wanted to do??
When she speaks, it is all about being some sort of victim and how angry she is about it.
If you want to buy into that garbage, then go on. I happen to believe
that I need to have some responsibility for what happens to me.
This victim bull crap keeps folks from doing something.
I took a risk and started my own business in 1989.
I did not blame society for my woes, even though men make more money than women. I have worked hard and will continue to do so.
I do not buy into fear because of what is going on around me. Fear will just keep me from doing anything.
Blaming others does not get me new accounts.
I get calls from folks that want a job, and I tell them how to start
their own business.
Most folks want to whine about what they do not have rather than get off their dead ass and go to work.
They had rather blame someone else for their lot in life rather than go to work.
I also am involved around me in my community.
If we all got involved with someone other than our self then maybe something would change.
There is not enough of folks doing something, they had rather ***** about it
or push someone that dares get in their way.
They want to sit back and act superior, I would lay money down that they have never one time worked in a homeless shelter or worked with the children in their community.
They would never lift a finger to help with someone in prison even by just writting them a letter.
So exscuse me, if you people that have jumped on the Obama Train
think by doing that you have really fulfilled something great.Get out there and do something besides saying "YES WE CAN" when I know damn well
most of you have done squat.
We need something more that a pretty speech, and surely we need someting more than vitcims running around saying Hillary Clinton has really screwd up your life!

Old 05-06-2008, 10:33 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,651,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
no, it is not.
Held down by who??
When she speaks, it is all about being some sort of victim and how angry she is about it.
I did not blame society for my woes, even though men make more money than women. I have worked hard and will continue to do so.
I do not buy into fear because of what is going on around me. Fear will just keep me from doing anything.
their own business.
Most folks want to whine about what they do not have rather than get off their dead ass and go to work.
They had rather blame someone else for their lot in life rather than go to work.
If we all got involved with someone other than our self then maybe something would change.
They want to sit back and act superior, I would lay money down that they have never one time worked in a homeless shelter or worked with the children in their community.
They would never lift a finger to help with someone in prison even by just writting them a letter.
think by doing that you have really fulfilled something great.Get out there and do something besides saying "YES WE CAN" when I know damn well
We need something more that a pretty speech, and surely we need someting more than vitcims running around saying Hillary Clinton has really screwd up your life!
This is by far one of the best posts I've seen from you.

I have a question however, what makes you believe you're the only one that is involved within the community? You appear to be very either short-sighted or ill-informed, considering Obama repeatedly discusses his community involvement after leaving college and it is a documented fact. Whether you agree with him or not this is disingenuous and why most of your arguments fall flat. You state facts based upon emotion with no factual grounding.

Some folks are victims - you just admitted you help them!
It is surprising that you back an entitlement candidate so strongly.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:05 AM
miu

17,721 posts, read 40,311,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKGrisgby View Post
Oh, ballocks. You were never going to vote for Obama to begin with. He could have Oprah for a wife, the Pope for a priest and Jesus Christ as his personal adviser and you'd STILL find fault. So please don't like as if Obama ever had a chance with you.
What you and many of the Obama supporters on this board fail to comprehend is that part of Obama non-appeal to us is his lack of skills to be our presdent. It's NOT the colour of his skin, but that so far in his life, there is nothing that indicates to us that he can be a good PRESIDENT.

As to entitlement candidates, plenty of widows of senators and other politicians have run for their deceased spouse's office, won and succeeded at their new job. Not all politicians' wives are stay-at-home hostesses/trophy wives.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:06 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
This is by far one of the best posts I've seen from you.

I have a question however, what makes you believe you're the only one that is involved within the community? You appear to be very either short-sighted or ill-informed, considering Obama repeatedly discusses his community involvement after leaving college and it is a documented fact. Whether you agree with him or not this is disingenuous and why most of your arguments fall flat. You state facts based upon emotion with no factual grounding.

Some folks are victims - you just admitted you help them!
It is surprising that you back an entitlement candidate so strongly.

I am not implying I am the only one doing anything, I mean a lot of the posters just screem about Obama,as if we just have HIM as president
all will be utopia.
And I do not advocate "entitlement" so where do you get that?

I believe in helping people find their own hope by not allowing them to be held down just because life is not fair.
I was told "just because you got sat on the potty wrong as a kid, does not mean you can not turn your ass around"
Life is hard, and I got my degree in life.
I am glad I went through all I went through, because I know I can come out on top, I do not run around and blame others for things that happened in my life.
Reaching out to others does not mean I think they are victims, where do you get that??

Old 05-06-2008, 11:10 AM

437 posts, read 633,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What you and many of the Obama supporters on this board fail to comprehend is that part of Obama non-appeal to us is his lack of skills to be our presdent.
And this doesn't apply to every single presidential nominee in the history of the United States...why?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
no, it is not.
Held down by who??
their own business.
They would never lift a finger to help with someone
in prison even by just writting them a letter.
Victims....
Have you honestly looked at what the Senator did when he denied the opportunity and possibility to become a Supreme Court Clerk?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:20 AM

27,224 posts, read 46,934,615 times
The Obama fans can't give any accomplishment but they are fast to say that if you are not in favor of him, that is because we didn't like him in the first place. Well I didn't liked Hillary at first but she changed my opinion although I don't agree with everything and I'm a rep., but Obama hasn't proven anything that makes me think other wise, I only know he didn't show me anything to make me think different.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What you and many of the Obama supporters on this board fail to comprehend is that part of Obama non-appeal to us is his lack of skills to be our presdent. It's NOT the colour of his skin, but that so far in his life, there is nothing that indicates to us that he can be a good PRESIDENT.

As to entitlement candidates, plenty of widows of senators and other politicians have run for their deceased spouse's office, won and succeeded at their new job. Not all politicians' wives are stay-at-home hostesses/trophy wives.
There is nothing that indicated any PRIOR President would make a good Commander in Chief. Not one single shred of proof anywhere.

However, I could stand corrected and am patiently waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections