Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:25 PM

430 posts, read 1,178,012 times

Advertisements

I know that the polls say that Hillary will more than likley take West Virginia. I really hope that this could be wrong. I think if Obama could even take the state by 2-3 points it may finally send a message to the Clinton's that this is over.... Please West Virgina end the misery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 06:54 PM

531 posts, read 1,749,221 times
WV has similar demographics to PA and so does Kentucky,so I think the state will go for Hillary.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:59 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,460,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
I know that the polls say that Hillary will more than likley take West Virginia. I really hope that this could be wrong. I think if Obama could even take the state by 2-3 points it may finally send a message to the Clinton's that this is over.... Please West Virgina end the misery.
Both WV and Ken. will go for Clinton big time, look at the kind of people that live there. Ore. however is a different story, the Pac NW is open minded and is most definitely Obama country.

Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/west_virginia/west_virginia_democratic_presidential_primary - broken link) shows Clinton leading in WV 56%-27%

Old 05-09-2008, 07:57 PM

580 posts, read 1,686,171 times
I support Hillary Clinton, and hopes that she gets the nomination.... with that said if she can pull of big wins... in the long run Michigan and Florida needs to be counted, therefore it can put her over the top as she should.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:27 PM

38 posts, read 63,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
I support Hillary Clinton, and hopes that she gets the nomination.... with that said if she can pull of big wins... in the long run Michigan and Florida needs to be counted, therefore it can put her over the top as she should.
I do think they will eventually make some kind of concession and allow the Florida and Michigan delegates to be seated. However, I do not think the DNC will allow the Florida and Michigan delegation to put Senator Clinton over Obama. I think they will end up splitting them pretty evenly if they even decide to seat them.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:36 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,460,697 times
Quote:
You're living in a dream world, any "big wins" in little states like WV and Ken will be offset by an Obama won in Ore. Even if Clinton won all the remaining contests, it wouldn't be enough. The same goes for whatever plan they eventually decide on to seat Mi and Fla., it's not enough.

She is presently down by 158 delegates and over 700,00 in the popular vote. Realistically, under no scenario can she win. Hasn't the flocking of superdelegates to Obama's side given you any clue at all? Geez

Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,306,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachiangirl View Post
WV has similar demographics to PA and so does Kentucky,so I think the state will go for Hillary.

Is it being said that those two states are "bitter"

Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 PM

38 posts, read 63,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post

Is it being said that those two states are "bitter"
Well when Congress and the President both have approval ratings hovering around 20%. I think its pretty safe to assume that there is a good number of people who are "bitter" and upset over our countries current direction. I know I'm a little miffed about it.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:14 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,473,226 times
Quote:
I reallllllly hate to burst your bubble here but it just ain't hapnin for Hillary! They can count Fl and MI till the cows come home and it will not be enough for her in the delegate count nor the popular vote and the Super Delegates will overturn the will of the people. There's always 2016.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:27 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,325,629 times
I agree that it is time for Hillary to bow out gracefully but I understand her reluctance to do so. She has invested alot of time, energy, emotions and money into this campaign and she is hoping against all odds that something may happen to change things. I believe that after WV she will ride into the sunset but I have been wrong before. The situation may be more complex for her but I think she is making a mistake if she hangs on too much longer. The party is over for Hillary but the nightmare is just beginning for Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections