Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nail in da coffin View Post
I think we should have stopped using the mouthful "Harvard Law REview", as a qualification for anything in particular , except maybe for a law partnership in Gastonia. He wants to be "president," I am sure we can run a history of the law review and find there were quite a few bush type flunkies in there too, just like there are in the supreme court now (thomas, scalia),just like w e had attorney generals, less than worthy (the bush appointees, janet reno) etc, etc

Lol, THANK YOU!

People always neglect that he was the only "President of Harvard Law Review" to NEVER publish an article, AND all the "reforms" he passed while "in power" were subsequently overturned the VERY NEXT YEAR after he left because they didn't work.

It's like saying, "Bush must be smart and a good leader because he's the president." Yeah, well, tell me what was DONE as president to gain the "smart" and "good leader" label.

But, ya know, at this stage in the game it's preaching to the choir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 11:01 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
Just remember he doesn't speak for all of us.
So you believe that if someone prefers Hillary or McCain over Obama as our president, it's ONLY because they are racially prejudiced against black people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Allow me to jump into this again.

Yes there are people who will vote based on race, but that doesn't mean all people will. You guys pull the race card everytime somebody doesn't agree with you. In other words...

STOP WHINING BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE OBAMA. CHOOSING HILLARY OR MCCAIN OVER OBAMA DOES NOT MAKE A PERSON A RACIST. OBAMA IS TOO LIBERAL FOR MANY PEOPLE. HE IS WAY MORE LIBERAL THAN HILLARY. THEY ARE NOT SIMILAR ON POSITIONS LIKE PEOPLE TRY TO MAKE IT LOOK, SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY PREFER ONE OVER THE OTHER. STOP CRYING.

Now you heard it from somebody black.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:09 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

People always neglect that he was the only "President of Harvard Law Review" to NEVER publish an article, AND all the "reforms" he passed while "in power" were subsequently overturned the VERY NEXT YEAR after he left because they didn't work.

HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!
I never knew that about Obama! Rep to you!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:09 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
... if he were white?

What makes Obama stupid, just becaues he is "inexperienced"? You know, not too much time in Washington greasing the gears in politics, you know, like John McCain? Not alot of time as a whitehouse insider, like Hillary Clinton? Why is Obama stupid? Stupid compared to whom? To Stephen Hawking? Joe Sixpack? NASCAR dads?

Really, let's cut to the chase. Alot of Obama haters don't like him because he's black. That's the dirty little secret. "Not in my ethnic group, not gonna vote for him". And that's probably the kindest opinion some of them might have.

Give the guy a chance. Pretend he's a white guy who just happens to have some black DNA. Whatever it takes. But to call this man stupid is over the top.

I've avoided some of the threads recently so it may have happened in some of those, but I haven't heard many people say he was stupid. I have heard alot of people say he's inexperienced, far left etc., but I've never heard the stupid comment.

I also haven't heard people say they would not vote for him because he's black. I'm sure there are some that feel that way, but the race issue seems to be brought up by his supporters to explain why someone might not vote for him. If there is as much substance to him as you say, then there are many areas where people may not agree with him. You diminish him with the race argument by making him nothing more than his race.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:11 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post

I also haven't heard people say they would not vote for him because he's black. I'm sure there are some that feel that way, but the race issue seems to be brought up by his supporters to explain why someone might not vote for him. If there is as much substance to him as you say, then there are many areas where people may not agree with him. You diminish him with the race argument by making him nothing more than his race.
Very well said!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:13 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Here's McCain both showing and admitting his stupidity:

YouTube - John McCain: I graduated fifth from the bottom of my class

Old 07-15-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Here's McCain both showing and admitting his stupidity:

YouTube - John McCain: I graduated fifth from the bottom of my class

Is this thread about McCain?

Or Obamuhuhuhuhuhuhuh-a?

Speaking of which, his halting, "uh uh" extemporaneous speaking style is probably why he never became a courtroom litigator.... He's a great speaker, but really, he's just reading a script and channeling greater men than he into a performance for the masses.

We can hire an actor for that.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,814,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
We can hire an actor for that.
Or a dumb military man so he won't look as bad a Bush riding around in a tank.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
Or a dumb military man so he won't look as bad a Bush riding around in a tank.

I agree. Obama riding around in a tank is ALMOST as funny as him on a tractor, which is ALMOST as funny as him bowling.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:48 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Very well said!
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections