Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:08 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,861,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Trust me. There's plenty of Obama video bites on the issues that will be used come general election time. We have a wealth of riches, both on the issues and these little "distractions" you Obamatons like to call them.
Yeah probably, but with a new generation of younger voters taking the reigns, you'll find those old swiftboating tactics to be ineffective at best...the GOP will get stomped on this November. Everyone knows it's going to happen, except for those who are in denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 03:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,431,765 times
Quote:
Trust me. There's plenty of Obama video bites on the issues that will be used come general election time. We have a wealth of riches, both on the issues and these little "distractions" you Obamatons like to call them.
You know for some odd reason people in my age demoraphic that 18-24 bracket aren't really impressed by sound and video clips... perhaps because we've somehow realized the magic of television that is able to manipulate these bites and take things out of context or maybe it's because we're so busy running blindly behind Obama that we can't be bothered listening to sound clips or watching excerpts from a video that took place 4 months prior. Dunno. Blame it on short attention spans I guess.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times
Quote:
Yeah probably, but with a new generation of younger voters taking the reigns
As far as numbers of voters, the youth vote does not compare. Sorry, not this year.

This is from 2004;

CNN.com Election 2004

18-29 (17%)

30-44 (29%)

45-59 (30%)

60 and Older (24%)

Old 05-13-2008, 08:33 PM

728 posts, read 1,683,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good point!

Did all the Catholics leave their faith when all pedophile priests were exposed? If they didn't then they must ALL be pedophiles !!!

And then there's the Mormons....Romney believes in multiple wives and sex with children????? REALLY????
Wow..talk about playing the Red herring game. Obama supporters cannot defend the actions of Wright and this latest clown, so they drag the Catholics and Mormons out.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 PM

60 posts, read 100,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You know for some odd reason people in my age demoraphic that 18-24 bracket aren't really impressed by sound and video clips... perhaps because we've somehow realized the magic of television that is able to manipulate these bites and take things out of context or maybe it's because we're so busy running blindly behind Obama that we can't be bothered listening to sound clips or watching excerpts from a video that took place 4 months prior. Dunno. Blame it on short attention spans I guess.
Or maybe it's because we know to take a step back and look at the big picture. I guarantee you we can tell you more about Rev. Wright and his message than these people can because we actually LOOKED and READ and LEARNED for ourselves instead of being told what to think.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times
Quote:
Or maybe it's because we know to take a step back and look at the big picture. I guarantee you we can tell you more about Rev. Wright and his message than these people can because we actually LOOKED and READ and LEARNED for ourselves instead of being told what to think.
I did the same. Especially at his fiascos at the Press Club and NAACP. Obama must not agree with you. The day after the Press Club performance, he threw the good rev wright under the bus.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:06 PM

60 posts, read 100,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
You are so openly racist it scares me.
It THRILLS me. I hope they all step up wearing t-shirts that say "I would never vote for a ******."Makes them so much easier to avoid. I respect racists that come right out and say it. I don't respect racists (like the ones here) who make all kinds of racist statements and then say "I'm not racist!" Yeah, okay.

If you vote for McCain because you AGREE with his politics and you're hoping for the kind of America he's going to give us (more war, repealing Roe, etc.), then I have no problem with that. If you vote for McCain because you don't like Barack, despite the fact that his politics are very similar to Hillary's, then guess what? You're probably a racist. PERIOD. Anybody who would vote for a man (or woman) who does not not have their best interest at heart is a goddamn FOOL. Luckily, it looks to me as if the Dems know what's up, and that's why OBAMA is leading by leaps and bounds. Dems may not want Barack as their son-in-law, and that's fine. But they know he would make the better president.

Last edited by BHussein4Prez; 05-13-2008 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: censorship makes baby Jesus cry

Old 05-13-2008, 10:43 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,825,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHussein4Prez View Post

If you vote for McCain because you AGREE with his politics and you're hoping for the kind of America he's going to give us (more war, repealing Roe, etc.), then I have no problem with that.
I have a feeling that there will be more war no matter who is elected and I would like to feel that the commander in chief has a little more experience than Obama. It is not nearly as easy as he makes it sound and even he has admitted that the troops taken from Iraq will be needed in Afghanistan. Also if Roe was so easy to repeal then Bush would have already done it since is much more right wing than McCain. McCain is actually more moderate.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:54 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,033,843 times
Quote:
Hardly bitter. Actual, my family has done quite well the last 7 years.

Hard-working white? Absolutely!

And I'd like to keep that hard-earned money. If Obama gets in - watch out for your wallet.
God forbid that you might have to use some of your hard earned money to pay to taxes that will go to funding schools, ensuring that all Americans have access to healthcare and medicine, and maintaining infrastructure, such as the roads that you probably drive on daily.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:03 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,277,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
I have a feeling that there will be more war no matter who is elected and I would like to feel that the commander in chief has a little more experience than Obama. It is not nearly as easy as he makes it sound and even he has admitted that the troops taken from Iraq will be needed in Afghanistan.
More war - I think of the three candidates, Obama will be able to rally the best people who can come to intelligent terms with other countries to get us out with the least amount of bloodshed, yet still work good oil deals. I think he's down to earth, yet will always hold firm for the best interests of his own country, and leaders of other countries will recognize this. (Cf the Pax Americana folks.)

The commander in chief having experience in war - Commanders in chief don't act alone in this country. They have advisors, and Obama will attract, is attracting, the best and most experienced in the world. They have a Congress to listen to. And last, unfortunately (sigh), they have the people whom they are elected to serve.

Please post a link in which Obama makes managing the war sound easy.

He didn't "admit" that more troops should be moved to Afghanistan, he declared so. "'We've got to get the job done there and that requires us to have enough troops so that we're not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous problems there,' Obama said. (broken link)"

He also said Europe should become more involved there and not count so heavily on the US and Britain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections