Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:30 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times

Advertisements

No candidate running for US President will get far without the nod from AIPAC, which in itself is quite telling about the influence of America's second most powerful lobby.

It should be noted that in a recent statement by Obama he made clear and nuanced distinctions about the political make up of the Israeli Knesset. It showed a greater depth of political understanding than either Clinton or McCain seemed to have on this specific issue.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...statement.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 10:37 PM

403 posts, read 748,889 times
Senator Obama should have kept Robert Malley. I think its time Obama show some backbone with regards to keeping his realist foreign policy advisors. First leaving Mr. Brzezinski, then a insult to stephan walt and John M and now Robert Malley. Sen. Obama should remember that he is not running for President of Israel or any other foreign nation, he is running for U.S.A.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:40 PM

5 posts, read 7,042 times
Obama?s older brother still lives there. Abongo ?Roy? Obama is a Luo activist and a militant Muslim who argues that the black man must ?liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture.? He urges his younger brother (Barrack) to embrace his African heritage. Beyond family politics, these ties have potential foreign policy, even national security, implications.
Odinga is a Marxist who reportedly has made a pact with a hardline Islamic group in Kenya to establish Shariah courts throughout the country.
Obama interrupted his New Hampshire campaigning to speak by phone with Odinga, who claims to be his cousin. He did not speak with Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki. Would Obama put African tribal or family interests ahead of U.S. interests? Very likely

Old 05-12-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Miss Nobody USA View Post
Obama?s older brother still lives there. Abongo ?Roy? Obama is a Luo activist and a militant Muslim who argues that the black man must ?liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture.? He urges his younger brother (Barrack) to embrace his African heritage. Beyond family politics, these ties have potential foreign policy, even national security, implications.
Odinga is a Marxist who reportedly has made a pact with a hardline Islamic group in Kenya to establish Shariah courts throughout the country.
Obama interrupted his New Hampshire campaigning to speak by phone with Odinga, who claims to be his cousin. He did not speak with Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki. Would Obama put African tribal or family interests ahead of U.S. interests? Very likely
Yes, I am sure you are right. I have no doubts the CIA and the NSA would allow a militant radical Muslim who hates white people ascend in politics to run for President and not point this out to anyone. Oh brother, this is rich!

Whats next, Obama kill Kennedy? McCain is really related to that alien in Men in Black? Hillary is really Barbara Streisand with breast augmentation and botox treatments?

Old 05-12-2008, 11:49 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
Senator Obama should have kept Robert Malley. I think its time Obama show some backbone with regards to keeping his realist foreign policy advisors. First leaving Mr. Brzezinski, then a insult to stephan walt and John M and now Robert Malley. Sen. Obama should remember that he is not running for President of Israel or any other foreign nation, he is running for U.S.A.
There was a long article about Obama in the New York Times a couple of days ago. It traced his political path from Harvard to Chicago to where he is now. One thing that is striking about him is that he establishes connections to people to "move up the ladder" then distances himself from those same people when he no longer needs them. He's needed Malley and Wright, at different times, but now he no longer does so he is free to discard them.

I look for him to distance himself from moveon.org and the dkos crowd too when they are no longer needed by him.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Miss Nobody USA View Post
Actually, I've read something similar about Obama's father's heritage. I can't remember where I read it but it was in a mainstream publication. I seem to recall it was written before this current run for President -- maybe back when he was running for the Senate or when he gave the Democratic Convention address.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Yes, I am sure you are right. I have no doubts the CIA and the NSA would allow a militant radical Muslim who hates white people ascend in politics to run for President and not point this out to anyone. Oh brother, this is rich!
Here is a wikipedia link to this Odinga person. Raila Odinga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here's a link to a story about his brother Roy Obama: Can a past of Islam change the path to president for Obama? - Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/a-534540~Can_a_past_of_Islam_change_the_path_to__pre sident_.html - broken link)

Old 05-13-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Here is a wikipedia link to this Odinga person. Raila Odinga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I am well aware who he is. However this idea that Obama is a radical anti-white American Muslim is about as far fetched as they come. Puuuuuuulease you people do not seriously believe this stuff? As I said, do you honestly think the CIA, the NSA, and every other American intelligence and security agency would allow a radical Muslim racist to ascend in American politics to run for the Presidency and not do anything about it?

If the FBI hauls Obama away in handcuffs then I will believe it, until then it is little more than desperate people grasping ever so desperately.

Good lord.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:17 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I am well aware who he is. However this idea that Obama is a radical anti-white American Muslim is about as far fetched as they come. Puuuuuuulease you people do not seriously believe this stuff? As I said, do you honestly think the CIA, the NSA, and every other American intelligence and security agency would allow a radical Muslim racist to ascend in American politics to run for the Presidency and not do anything about it?

If the FBI hauls Obama away in handcuffs then I will believe it, until then it is little more than desperate people grasping ever so desperately.

Good lord.
I guess it would be along the same lines regarding Obama supporters believing everything about Hillary and McCain as absolute truth since their sources are SO truthful Give me a break!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
I guess it would be along the same lines regarding Obama supporters believing everything about Hillary and McCain as absolute truth since their sources are SO truthful Give me a break!
Look, just because one thing is absurd beyond imagination does not mean that other things are related ipso facto. I never said anything about this or that being truthful or lies about McCain or Clinton. Take each thing and weigh it on its own merits. Do you think that John McCain's adopted daughter is really a love child? I would hope not. Do you really think that the Clinton's had Vince Foster killed? I would hope not.

This election has been a train wreck of mudraking garbage from all sides. The fact we have a man who is half white and half black, a woman, and an elderly gentlemen running has stretched the limits of bovine excrement as far as the imagination. The fact that folks eat this stuff up as though it were gospel is the most troubling thing of all.

For every 10 threads about this kind of junk, there might be one about an actual stance on issues and then it is usually ignored in favor of who someone associated with back in college. It is all quite ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections