Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:10 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times

Advertisements

I just want to make one thing abunduantly clear to those Republicans who are shouting, you don't get to run against Bush this time... guess again. I know you'd like to pretend like you aren't responsible for this president whom a total 1 out of 4 Americans now support, but facts are facts and you most definitely are. Bush has been an absolute nightmare for this country on so many issues. There are so many moments I can think of to illustrate what a total lack of leadership we have had for the past eight years, but perhaps one of the better ones is when Bush was taking his usual month long vacation at the ranch when a little storm called Katrina rolled in. He couldn't even be bothered to be seen until a full -- what was it? -- 48 hours after the event? Obama talks about the audacity of hope, but Bush could just as easily write a book about the audacity of stupidity or the audacity of fecklessness. I think "change" is the big buzz word for 2008 because people desperately want a change from the course this dimwit plotted. How terrible is it that we as Americans have grown accustomed to a president who can't even speak two gramatically correct English sentences in a row? Anyways, thank God this fool will soon be put to bed. Republicans, I think you already know it, but just to be clear, the chickens are about to come home to roost. Thanks for nominating McCain, btw .. the most unBush like candidate in your party, but I see that as too little too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 03:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Your histerical. I bet you dont understand that American is even more unhappy with Congress, then they are with Bush...

Thanks for the humor today.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:42 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your histerical. I bet you dont understand that American is even more unhappy with Congress, then they are with Bush...

Thanks for the humor today.

I bet you don't understand that it still means that America is are unhappy with Bush.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:45 PM

845 posts, read 2,743,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I just want to make one thing abunduantly clear to those Republicans who are shouting, you don't get to run against Bush this time... guess again. I know you'd like to pretend like you aren't responsible for this president whom a total 1 out of 4 Americans now support, but facts are facts and you most definitely are. Bush has been an absolute nightmare for this country on so many issues. There are so many moments I can think of to illustrate what a total lack of leadership we have had for the past eight years, but perhaps one of the better ones is when Bush was taking his usual month long vacation at the ranch when a little storm called Katrina rolled in. He couldn't even be bothered to be seen until a full -- what was it? -- 48 hours after the event? Obama talks about the audacity of hope, but Bush could just as easily write a book about the audacity of stupidity or the audacity of fecklessness. I think "change" is the big buzz word for 2008 because people desperately want a change from the course this dimwit plotted. How terrible is it that we as Americans have grown accustomed to a president who can't even speak two gramatically correct English sentences in a row? Anyways, thank God this fool will soon be put to bed. Republicans, I think you already know it, but just to be clear, the chickens are about to come home to roost. Thanks for nominating McCain, btw .. the most unBush like candidate in your party, but I see that as too little too late.
All I can say is Amen.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:46 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Given the views on Bush, it should be easy for Democrats, but Obama and Hillary are and will continue to do their best to give it to McCain.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:48 PM

260 posts, read 947,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgator View Post
All I can say is Amen.
I second that...

Old 05-08-2008, 04:07 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Given the views on Bush, it should be easy for Democrats, but Obama and Hillary are and will continue to do their best to give it to McCain.
They can't even run their own primaries without making a mess of them and having constant bickering, how do they think they can win the general election?

Old 05-08-2008, 04:14 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
They can't even run their own primaries without making a mess of them and having constant bickering, how do they think they can win the general election?
If you are foolish enough to be led around by the media hoopla then be my guest.

In reality, it's merely a political race, democracy in action, which is fine by me.

The facts are the Dems are raising more money, and registering more voters. McCain is having financial difficulty, and isn't much more than a Bush stooge, especially in regards to Iraq. He's toast IMO.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:21 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
If you are foolish enough to be led around by the media hoopla then be my guest.

In reality, it's merely a political race, democracy in action, which is fine by me.

The facts are the Dems are raising more money, and registering more voters. McCain is having financial difficulty, and isn't much more than a Bush stooge, especially in regards to Iraq. He's toast IMO.

All I have to do is read this board and see how fractured the democratic party is. They have two potential candidates wasting time fighting over a nomination when neither of them is electable in a general election. Hillary is unlikeable and carries all of the old Clinton baggage and Obama appeals to blacks which is not a large percentage of the overall population and has lost the white vote because of his questionable views and past.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:26 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

It is democracy in action and is a very interesting thing to watch, and I mean that seriously. On the other hand, the major stories are also demonstrating that Hillary will go back on agreements if it will help her to get votes. It's showing that the democratic party will let everyone have a vote and then have "superdelegates" come in and decide if the people actually voted for what's best for them, or if the "superdelegates" need to correct things. It's showing Obama making calculated decisions based on his political situation that contradict his claim of being a different type of politician.

I'm not a big fan of McCain. I don't see him as being a stooge of Bush though given that he was one of the more vocal critics of Bush on several key issues during Bush's presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections