Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who would you vote for now the Obama is the nominee?
McCain 33 45.83%
Obama 35 48.61%
neither 4 5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 06:11 AM

196 posts, read 208,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Here's what it comes down to for me....If Hillary was the nominee, I would vote for her. If Obama is the nominee, I will reluctantly cast a vote for McCain as an anti-Obama vote. Obama is too inexperienced and linked to too many questionable characters for me to vote him in to the White House. Plus, I'm offended by his generalization of Hillary supporters are uneducated rednecks. If a similar argument was used to generalize Obama voters, everyone would be up in arms.

Although I'm from PA, so I guess I better carry my rosary and a gun to the polls. Right, Barack?

no, Im thinkin the same way too...somewhat, these aholes should be paying us to run for this office, then wed get the truth... Im sick of the whole selection scheme, have been for years... McCain is a numbnut, Obama a hood and Hillary a leftover... we are doomed regardless...and so is the war...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 06:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,205,643 times
Good heavens, how is Obama a hood?

Old 05-21-2008, 06:21 AM

439 posts, read 606,611 times
Quote:
Here's what it comes down to for me....If Hillary was the nominee, I would vote for her. If Obama is the nominee, I will reluctantly cast a vote for McCain as an anti-Obama vote. Obama is too inexperienced and linked to too many questionable characters for me to vote him in to the White House. Plus, I'm offended by his generalization of Hillary supporters are uneducated rednecks. If a similar argument was used to generalize Obama voters, everyone would be up in arms.

Although I'm from PA, so I guess I better carry my rosary and a gun to the polls. Right, Barack?
How sad that you would vote for McCain because your candidate did not win. You should listen to your candidate a little more as she stated she would do just that support Obama if he were the nominee. He has said the same thing. Think about what you are saying. Are you saying that the last 7 years were fine with you, the war, the economy etc, are you saying that you disagree with your candidate on the War, Education, Housing Crisis, Jobs, Oil, healthcare and all the other issues she has spoken of. So maybe tell me why you were a supporter of hers to begin with if the policy between the Democrats and Republicans aren't an issue with you.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
How sad that you would vote for McCain because your candidate did not win. You should listen to your candidate a little more as she stated she would do just that support Obama if he were the nominee. He has said the same thing. Think about what you are saying. Are you saying that the last 7 years were fine with you, the war, the economy etc, are you saying that you disagree with your candidate on the War, Education, Housing Crisis, Jobs, Oil, healthcare and all the other issues she has spoken of. So maybe tell me why you were a supporter of hers to begin with if the policy between the Democrats and Republicans aren't an issue with you.
Hear hear.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:25 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,641,426 times
Quote:

Hillary has said to her supporters not to vote for McCain if she doesn't win the nomination, that - in her words would be a "grave error"

She also said that her and Obama are more similar on the issues that any Democrat & McCain

What are your thoughts on that?

Old 05-21-2008, 06:29 AM

136 posts, read 516,343 times
A lot of voters may not decide until the nominees choose their running mates and that has a lot of impact. It looks like Obama is catching up on the poll!

Old 05-21-2008, 06:34 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,977,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post

I have one major difference in opinion with Obama.....he is way off on the lunatic fringe on abortion. I'm not even a huge Hillary fan, I just find her to be the lesser of the evils and the more experienced of the two D candidates. I am pro-life, but obviously if I'm OK with a candidates other policies, I can vote for a pro-choice candidate even if I disagree with their view....just in the hope that maybe better healthcare and better economic conditions may cut down on abortion (I did vote for John Kerry, but that was more of an anti-war and anti-Bush vote than anything). But Obama is off on the fringe...openly supporting partial-birth abortion, and opposing the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act when he was a state senator in Illinois (which eventually passed the US Senate unanimously, meaning even pro-choice senators had no problem voting for this legislation). Obama is even further to the left of Planned Parenthood and NARAL on abortion.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:37 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,977,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Hillary has said to her supporters not to vote for McCain if she doesn't win the nomination, that - in her words would be a "grave error"

She also said that her and Obama are more similar on the issues that any Democrat & McCain

What are your thoughts on that?

I also don't need Hillary to tell me how to vote. Not all that long ago, McCain's name was tossed about as a potential running mate for John Kerry in 2004...so he can't be that far to the right.

Personally, the one candidate I liked the most is Ron Paul...but God forbid any candidate stray from the R or D party platform and they get blackballed.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:42 AM

196 posts, read 208,867 times
Quote:
I have one major difference in opinion with Obama.....he is way off on the lunatic fringe on abortion. I'm not even a huge Hillary fan, I just find her to be the lesser of the evils and the more experienced of the two D candidates. I am pro-life, but obviously if I'm OK with a candidates other policies, I can vote for a pro-choice candidate even if I disagree with their view....just in the hope that maybe better healthcare and better economic conditions may cut down on abortion (I did vote for John Kerry, but that was more of an anti-war and anti-Bush vote than anything). But Obama is off on the fringe...openly supporting partial-birth abortion, and opposing the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act when he was a state senator in Illinois (which eventually passed the US Senate unanimously, meaning even pro-choice senators had no problem voting for this legislation). Obama is even further to the left of Planned Parenthood and NARAL on abortion.

thats so he can continue to ensure the unwed sistuhs who fill the state run hospitals (who cant get any nurse in the country to work for them because the way they let everybody die) by walking in the emergency rooms with an earache with 3 cell phones snapped to their belts, and 18 gold earrings in their lips and nostrils will get waited on before the old white guy having a stroke who has been in there 6 hours ....

this aint exactly rocket science as to what Obama is really all about...IS IT??

Old 05-21-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
But Obama is off on the fringe...openly supporting partial-birth abortion, and opposing the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act when he was a state senator in Illinois (which eventually passed the US Senate unanimously, meaning even pro-choice senators had no problem voting for this legislation). Obama is even further to the left of Planned Parenthood and NARAL on abortion.
No, MrK, you've been misled about the Induced Birth Infant Liability Act. It was a legal strategy and Obama recognized that.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/3770037-post42.html

Please do read all this and the other posts on the thread (link to top of thread is at top right corner).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections