Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 09:25 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,096,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It's in a different spot though, don't you think?

Someone needs to dress that woman properly. One should learn how to dress to enhance ones attributes....and hide ones faults.
Ah, yes, when all else fails, start making fun of people's clothing.

Stay classy there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 09:25 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,935,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
ROFLMAO!!!! Well, they ARE so much more cultured and educated than the rest of us!
If you mean cultured as in they pay a lot for their choice of habit, I guess. I have been there on business and they are actually backwards in many ways. I don't think they let you pump your own gas still. When I was traveling up there sitting up an engineering office for our company I got yelled at by the gas station attendent for pumping my gas. I did not know it was a no-no. Pretty weird! Look at some of the reasons why.

There are a number of reasons as set forth in the Oregon Revised Statutes 480.315:

1) Attendants are trained in the hazards of dispensing a "Class 1 flammable liquid" (i.e. gasoline)
2) Attendants that do not dispense the gasoline are often unable to observe customers as they dispense to ensure that the customers are following proper safety protocols.
3) Higher liability insurance rates are charged to self-serve stations as the customers may be put into a dangeous situation when they exit their vehicles to dispense fuel.
4) Exposure to toxic fumes by customers dispensing their own fuel.
5) The rates charged by full-service stations when self-service was available was discriminatory to the poor, elderly and handicapped.
6) Self-service resulted in less maintenance checks by station attendants leading to possible dangerous conditions (spills, etc.) and higher maintenance costs.
7) Decrease in full-service stations led to a decrease of number of auto repair facilities at gas stations.
8) Full-service stations lead to a decrease in unemployment and provides jobs for young people.
9) Helps gas stations to meet Americans With Disabilities requirements.
10) Eliminates the potential dangers that can be incurred by parents leaving their small children in the car while the parents go inside to pay.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:26 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,862,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!

YES WE CAN!
How does it feel to spout empty slogans like they mean something? I would be embarrassed.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Not a bit surprised (is ANYONE really?).

Obama continues to roll on towards the White House.

Ken

Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 PM

615 posts, read 1,173,596 times
Obama equals Jimmy Carter!!!
Do we really want that again???
If he is elected our counrty will
be in big trouble in 18 months
or so...

Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 PM

102 posts, read 54,536 times
Nah ++++++

Old 05-20-2008, 09:32 PM

615 posts, read 1,173,596 times
I personally don't buy into his hype (change)....

Old 05-20-2008, 09:32 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,811,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balco9 View Post
Obama equals Jimmy Carter!!!
Do we really want that again???
If he is elected our counrty will
be in big trouble in 18 months
or so...

Anything, not just anybody......is better than Bush

Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,439,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
How does it feel to spout empty slogans like they mean something? I would be embarrassed.

Ok, hows this? After tonight, it's clear Obama will be the Democratic nominee for president and there's not a damn thing you or any other disgruntled Obama haters can do about it. Cut out the sour grapes.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:36 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,586,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Hahahhaa......poor Hillary. This nails it! She's the prefered candidate for the racist voters. No more redneck states left to vote, Hillary can now drop out!
ageed.....the states with the highest percentage of racist went for Hillary. Hillary didnt win southern states because most the racist whites there are republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections