Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 01:58 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,402,417 times

Advertisements

Is Bush positioning himself to meet with Raul Castro before his term ends in January? Hmmm. In this article, Bush is not too critical...not too nice of Raul's new leadership in Cuba. I wouldn't be surprised if Bush, and the Republican Party, completely changed their tune about Cuba by November.

Bush and Cuba

Next Headline: "US Ban on Flights to Havana Lifted"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 02:01 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,008,504 times
Well considering he is the POTUS and Obama simply hopes to be.

Bush is not trying to beat Obama at anything. Nice title though.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:05 PM

540 posts, read 963,539 times
I think an opportunity has presented itself to test the waters with Cuba. I was watching the White House press briefing today, and a big motivation for doing this was that cell phones that are now available in Cuba are prohibitively expensive. People may be "allowed" to buy cell phones, but if they can't afford them, then they aren't really gaining any new freedoms. Once people have the cell phones that their families send, it'll be a good test as to whether or not the regime allows them to be used freely.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trzlucky View Post
I think an opportunity has presented itself to test the waters with Cuba. I was watching the White House press briefing today, and a big motivation for doing this was that cell phones that are now available in Cuba are prohibitively expensive. People may be "allowed" to buy cell phones, but if they can't afford them, then they aren't really gaining any new freedoms. Once people have the cell phones that their families send, it'll be a good test as to whether or not the regime allows them to be used freely.
This will indeed be very interesting to watch!

Old 05-21-2008, 02:38 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,356,684 times
Gee I wonder if he'll meet with Raul without preconditions?

Hmmm.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 05-21-2008 at 03:00 PM..

Old 05-21-2008, 02:39 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,510,342 times
I've never heard of Bush or the Republicans meeting with nutjobs without preconditions, unlike your buddy Obama's agenda which is crazy and irresponsible. Nice try though.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Well considering he is the POTUS and Obama simply hopes to be.

Bush is not trying to beat Obama at anything. Nice title though.
Think Bush will ask for preconditions before meeting with this dictator?

Oh, wait - WE'VE already given HIM something (lifted the flight ban).

Hmmmm.

Ken

Old 05-21-2008, 03:01 PM

PS - Sorry for the double post. I was having some response delay problems with the site and didn't realize my original post HAD taken (thought it had failed).

Ken

Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I've never heard of Bush or the Republicans meeting with nutjobs without preconditions, unlike your buddy Obama's agenda which is crazy and irresponsible. Nice try though.
So what sort of "preconditions" are YOU thinking Bush will ask for - especially when you consider that WE'VE already given HIM something for nothing in advance (the lifting on the flight ban)?

Sounds like giving in to me.

Ken

Old 05-21-2008, 03:14 PM

Default Yep! Obama just got Bushed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
So what sort of "preconditions" are YOU thinking Bush will ask for - especially when you consider that WE'VE already given HIM something for nothing in advance (the lifting on the flight ban)?

Sounds like giving in to me.

Ken
That's exactly what it is...what infuriates me is that Obama was called an "appeaser" by this *&#^*# not more than a week ago and his foreign policy mocked as being "wimpy," on foreign soil to say the least! NOW, Bush is slowly trying to steal the limelight before his exodus! Classic Bushism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections