Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 07:46 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This is all a LIE! If it were true, it would be in the papers and on the TV news.
Not when the media is campaigning for him 24/7. They care about their pocket books more then they do America. I would really like to see the media START doing their jobs as investigative reporters. Maybe the filth is too deep for their high top boots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where? When has he ever crossed the aisle and compromised his liberal policies to join the other side?
Here's some more aisle crossing although I'm sure you won't thank me for these either....

Green's claim that Obama's "record shows a complete inability and disinterest in bipartisan cooperation" was similar to a statement by Karl Rove -- a former senior adviser to President Bush -- who wrote in a February 21 Wall Street Journal editorial that "Mr. Obama hasn't worked across party lines since coming to town." In fact, there are numerous examples of legislative initiatives in which Obama has worked directly with his GOP counterparts. They include:
  • An initiative jointly sponsored with Republican Sen. Richard Lugar (IN) that "enhances U.S. efforts to destroy conventional weapons stockpiles and to detect and interdict weapons and materials of mass destruction throughout the world."
  • The American Fuels Act of 2007, legislation jointly introduced with Lugar that "will use alternative fuel technologies to greatly decrease America's dependence on foreign oil."
  • The Alternative Diesel Standard Act of 2006, legislation authored with Republican Sen. Thad Cochran (MS) and jointly introduced with Cochran and Lugar "to require 2 billion gallons of alternative diesels -- including agriculture feedstocks such as biodiesel -- as part of the 40 billion gallon national diesel pool."
  • The Fuel Economy Reform Act, legislation jointly introduced with Republican Sens. Lugar, Gordon Smith (OR), Norm Coleman (MN), and Arlen Specter (PA) that "would reduce U.S. gasoline consumption by nearly half a trillion gallons by 2028 and greatly decrease our dependence on foreign oil."
  • The Dignity for Wounded Warriors Act, legislation Obama introduced, and whose co-sponsors included Republican Sens. Christopher "Kit" Bond (MO), and Olympia Snowe (ME), to "cut red tape, improve facilities, and increase oversight at our nation's military hospitals."
  • The Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006, legislation from Republican Sen. Tom Coburn (OK) that Obama joined in introducing and passing to "create a Google-like search engine and database to track approximately $1 trillion in federal grants, contracts, earmarks and loans."

You're welcome!

Old 05-24-2008, 11:07 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Wow! Impressive for the last 4 years. NOT!

But, I'm not talking about legislation that both parties can agree on. I'm talking about Obama compromising his liberal ideology to cross the aisle, partial-birth abortion being just ONE example.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wow! Impressive for the last 4 years. NOT!

But, I'm not talking about legislation that both parties can agree on. I'm talking about Obama compromising his liberal ideology to cross the aisle, partial-birth abortion being just ONE example.

Why should he compromise his ideology? THEN you would call him wishy-washy. Although some compromise is necessary to get anything done if he's elected as a Democrat we expect him to act like one.

Do you think the Republicans he worked with compromised their ideology? Or simply worked together to bring change?

What's wrong with legislation both parties can agree on? You don't like that???? Wierd!!!!

Old 10-11-2008, 04:57 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
There is a far-reaching scandal brewing for presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama, thanks to a radio talk show host based in Oregon. Syndicated talk host Laurie Roth's revelations make the news story about Obama's relationship with a racist, anti-American pastor look like child's play.

A top official at the Pentagon during former-President George H. W. Bush's Administration and a former CIA intelligence officer maintain that Barack Obama and former Weather Underground honcho William Ayers funneled money to Professor Rashid Khalidi, a known terrorist sympathizer.

Khalidi serves on the faculty of Columbia University in New York and is best known as the professor who invited Iranian President Ahmedinejad to visit Columbia University after he finished his speech at the United Nations. According to confidential sources, Khalidi has direct ties to the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO), a group on the US State Department's list of known terrorist groups.

"One source for this information was once a top military figure in the 1990s. He doesn't take making allegations lightly. If he says something happened, believe me, it happened," said syndicated radio talk show host Laurie Roth. "Another source is a former agent for the Central Intelligence Agency, who is an expert in counterterrorism," said Roth, who broke the story on her show Friday night.

"I certainly don't want to demonize someone because they are a woman, black or liberal running for President. I love the idea that in our culture, a black and woman can now run. However, it does matter to me with any candidate, their consistency with good judgment, their voting record, their association with people with questionable backgrounds and commitment to our country," she said during her show.

Here are the connections as described by very reliable sources, who possess impressive military, national security and intelligence backgrounds:

Allison Davis, who hired the young Obama into his small, Chicago law firm Davis, Miner, and Barnhill in 1993, left the firm in late 1999-2000 and became a housing developer. Davis went into business with Tony Rezko, the indicted businessman who's scheduled to go on trial for corruption in Illinois, and who was a major fundraiser for Obama.

Davis met Rezko when he was a client of Davis, Miner, and Barnhill. Rezko is currently under indictment in Illinois for demanding kickbacks from companies seeking state government business contracts under Governor Blagojevich. Obama was identified as one of the politicians cited in the indictment as having received political contributions from Rezko out of his kickback funds.

Tony Rezko hosted fundraising events for Obama in his home and was on Obama's US Senate campaign finance committee which collected $14 million for his campaign against conservative Alan Keyes, an African-American who served as an Ambassador during the Reagan Administration. In order to avoid a scandal during his presidential campaign, Obama returned $85,000 that Rezko and his family had donated to him.

In early 2000, while Obama served as a state senator in Illinois, he also sat on the board of the nonprofit Woods Fund. The Woods Fund is a Chicago-based foundation that claims its primary mission is to make financial grants in order to increase and/or create opportunities for disadvantaged people and low-income communities.

The chairman of the Woods fund board in 2000 was Howard Stanback, who like Obama also had connections to Davis, according to the reliable sources.
Davis submitted a grant request to the Woods Foundation for a $1 million investment in his development partnership, Neighborhood Rejuvenation LP, that would be used to finance low-income senior-citizen housing.

Under normal circumstances, a board member is supposed to recuse himself or herself from decisions where they have a business or personal relationship.

Obama, who did not recuse himself, voted to approve Davis' grant request. Stanback, on the other hand, abstained from voting. The housing project, which also received a $5.7 million loan from the city of Chicago, in turn donated almost $70,000 in political contributions to Obama's presidential campaign.

In the past, Rezko gave Obama -- who served as an Illinois State Senator -- his first two political contributions in 1995, $1,000 each from two of his companies. In 1998, State Senator Obama wrote letters to city and state officials urging them to fund a Davis-Rezko housing project. It was an obvious quid pro quo arrangement.

Another major fundraiser for Obama is William Ayers, who also sat on the board of the Woods Fund with Obama and is a professor at the University of Chicago.

Bill Ayers, along with his wife Bernadine Dohrn, was an active member of the Weather Underground, a radical left-wing group that advocated violence against the United States. Both Ayers and Dohrn went "underground" in 1970 after others in the group accidentally detonated a bomb in a Greenwich Village (New York City) townhouse. The blast killed three of the group's members including Ayers' girlfriend at the time.

While Ayers and Dohrn were hiding from law enforcement, the Weather Underground participated in the bombings of the US Capital, the Pentagon and a State Department building. In 1981 Ayers and Dohrn turned themselves in to federal authorities, but all charges were dropped as a result of alleged "government legal misconduct." In his 2001 memoir, Ayers wrote, "I don't regret setting the bombs. I feel we didn't do enough."

Ayers and Dohrn are known to have held at least one fundraiser for Barack Obama in their Chicago home.

During Obama's last year on the board of The Woods Fund (2002), he participated in awarding grants, including a $70,000 grant to the Arab American Action Network, a Chicago-based group founded by Rashid and Mona Khalidi.

In another suspected quid pro quo arrangement similar to those with Ayers and Rezko, Rashid Khalidi also held a fundraising event in his home for Barack Obama.

In the Middle East, Rashid Khalidi was known as a man to be reckoned with. From 1972 through 1983, Khalidi was the director in Beirut of the official Palestinian press agency, FAFA. His wife worked there as well.

According to sources, when the Khalidi's left Chicago for Columbia University in New York, Rashid was honored with the Edward Said Chair in Arab Studies at that Ivy League university. Their goodbye party in Chicago included testimonials from Bill Ayers and Barack Obama.

"What other fund raising connections does Obama have? How many times can you look the other way in church and with fund raising situations with more than questionable people?" asked Ms. Roth.

"We all make mistakes in judgment with people and their backgrounds sometimes, but usually we learn and pick better friends and associates. How come Obama seems to have continued hanging around more than questionable characters with anti American backgrounds and some with criminal behaviors? Now one is being indicted, Tony Rezco, who raised a ton of money for Obama," she said.

"As President, how much would he look the other way when dealing with national security and dangers to our country? How much would he listen passively to terrorist leaders then lecture us on our ugly American status? This kind of change is not what our country needs!" added the popular talk show host, whose show is syndicated by USA Radio Network.

In a related story, during an interview on Thursday morning (March 20) with Black Panther leader Malik Zulu Shabazz, Fox News Channel viewers learned that Shabazz' group endorsed and supported Senator Barack Obama for President of the United States. Even on Fox -- an organization wrongly accused of being "conservative" -- the interviewers were careful in their questioning of Shabazz, a recognized racist and anti-American radical.

The New Black Panther Party leader proudly announced on Fox News that his organization endorsed and Obama for President.

"While some people may say that Barack Obama has no control over who endorses him, he should have control over what endorsements are posted on his websites," said Laurie Roth, who, besides hosting a popular talk show, is a regular columnist for NewswithViews.com

"The endorsement of the New Black Panther Party was posted on Barack Obama's website. Why was this tolerated unless Barack Obama wanted their endorsement? If he does not want their endorsement, how much control over his staff is he going to have once he's elected President?" asks Mike Baker.

The New Black Panther Party is openly anti-White, anti-Jewish, and anti-America. After Obama's Tuesday damage-control speech, his campaign pulled the Black Panthers' endorsement story off their website.

It's also been reported that Obama's campaign staff was allowed to fly a Che Guevara flag inside his office, according to NewsMax.
< Newsmax.com - Obama Workers Sporting Che Guevara Images (http://www.newsmax.com/fontova/obama_campaign/2008/02/14/72655.html - broken link) >

"Do these revelations demonstrate a pattern of Barack Obama's judgment? If so, then I do not want him dealing with world leaders. I do not want these groups having access to the White House. Do you?" asks the New Jersey-based political strategist.

"It appears the Barack Obama water carriers within the mainstream news media are on the job as usual -- ignoring another story that has the alternative media on the Internet buzzing: Obama's embracement of an endorsement by the radical, racist organization," Baker added.
------------------------------------------------------------

Hawaii Reporter: Hawaii Reporter (http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?5c1672c5-872a-41d3-93ff-8567b49f5f1c - broken link)
Any hate involved here?

Old 10-11-2008, 05:22 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,415,937 times
Beyond his possible links to terrorism is the possibility that Obama is not qualified to run for president anyway:

YouTube - I Invented The Internet (Ep. 6: October Surprise)

And then there's this sent to me via email. Let's hope that enough people see the light about this fraud, and elect John McCain.

HELLO EVERYONE: IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!
SEAN HANNITY, OF HANNITY & COLMES ~ FOX NEWS, IS GOING TO AIR A VERY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTARY ABOUT BARACK OBAMA, SUNDAY NIGHT AT 9:00 PM. HE STATED ON THE AIR THIS EVENING THAT NO ONE IN THE NEWS MEDIA WAS WILLING TO DO THIS. HANNITY IS GOING BACK TO OBAMA'S EARLIER DAYS, SHOWING EVEN THEN HIS TIES TO RADICAL PROFESSORS, FRIENDS, SPIRITUAL ADVISERS, Etc., HE STATED THIS EVENING THAT HE WILL SHOW IN DETAIL HIS TIES TO REV. WRIGHT FOR 20+ YRS (which we all know) HOW HE WAS PARTICIPATING WITH THIS MAN, AND NOT FOR THE REASONS HE STATES! HE HAS UNCOVERED MORE OF OBAMA'S RADICAL LEADERS AND WE WILL SEE THINGS THAT NO ONE IN THE MEDIA IS WILLING TO PUT OUT20THERE. THIS WILL BE A NIGHT THAT YOU WILL KNOW MORE ABOUT OBAMA THAN EVER BEFORE. HANNITY IS VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM AND ASKED THAT EVERYONE PLEASE, PLEASE WATCH~~ SUNDAY NIGHT, 9 PM.
HANNITY IS DETERMINED THIS INFORMATION BE PUT OUT THERE BECAUSE AS AMERICAN'S, WE STILL DO NOT KNOW ABOUT OBAMA!! WAKE UP AMERICA!! THIS IS SERIOUS,EVERYONE. I KNOW MOST OF YOU WATCH FOX NEWS, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE VOTING FOR, BUT IF YOU CAN, PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. THIS IS CRITICAL FOR OUR COUNTRY. MY PRAYER IS THAT WE, ALONG WITH SEAN HANNITY, WILL REACH SOMEONE/ANYONE BEFORE NOV. 4th.
WE MUST NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!
GOD BLESS!

Old 10-11-2008, 05:30 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,468,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Any hate involved here?
"I don't have to agree with everyone who endorses my candidacy. They are supporting my candidacy. I am not endorsing some of their positions."
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
John McCain quoted February, 2008.

Use your brain. Use factcheck.org. Objective information is the best medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections