Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:59 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,513 times

Advertisements

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_138767.html

"Barack Obama will air a half hour infomercial during prime time on CBS, NBC and Fox Wedesday night. The infomercial, titled Barack Obama: American Stories, will have a variety of content, including a live component"

Last edited by gsoboi; 10-29-2008 at 06:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 06:04 AM

The live part of the 30-minute commercial will include a rally in Florida...probabally the same rally where Bill Clinton is suppose to be with Obama in Orlando. I think the boost Obama will get from this will be likened to a convention boost. This is a very smart campaign on Obama's part.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:16 AM

This infomercial will lock up at least 24 hours of the news cycle. Every day that people are talking about Barack Obama’s infomercial is a day that John McCain is getting ignored by the media.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Or it'll really tick people off that prime time is being interrupted not to mention the world series! I just thought of something, what about the fairness docterine that people are screaming for? Doesn't it apply here?
Personally I think a half hour " All Obama Show" is kind of like a Ron Popiel informercial.

Buy Obama, it slices,dices,chops and julianes! Will make governing a breeze, easy clean up and allways stays RAZOR sharp! A must have tool for your home, CALL QUICK, OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY to take your credit card information.

A limited time offer! SO ACT NOW!
(not available in stores)

Last edited by jimj; 10-29-2008 at 06:43 AM..

Old 10-29-2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Or it'll really **** people off that prime time is being interrupted not to mention the world series!
The country is on the brink of economic colapse, we are fighting two wars and you think most Americans are concerned more about over paid arrogant jocks hitting a ball with a stick? If anything Obama will be getting a HUGE audience by airing his infomercial before the World Series game.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:41 AM

3,305 posts, read 8,557,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
The country is on the brink of economic colapse, we are fighting two wars and you think most Americans are concerned more about over paid arrogant jocks hitting a ball with a stick? If anything Obama will be getting a HUGE audience by airing his infomercial before the World Series game.
And no one cares how he got his 150 million this past month to pay for stuff like this? I thought the Democratic party was the party for the people and not the rich rock stars who charge $30k a plate dinners in Hollywood and get campaign donations from overseas?

What suprises me is that people are actually concerned about Palin's wardrobe, but they have no concern where a possible future president of ours is getting his money from. Unreal...

Old 10-29-2008, 06:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
I thought the Democratic party was the party for the people and not the rich rock stars who charge $30k a plate dinners in Hollywood and get campaign donations from overseas?...
Yeah right...Best legislators money can buy!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:46 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,325,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
And no one cares how he got his 150 million this past month to pay for stuff like this? I thought the Democratic party was the party for the people and not the rich rock stars who charge $30k a plate dinners in Hollywood and get campaign donations from overseas?

What suprises me is that people are actually concerned about Palin's wardrobe, but they have no concern where a possible future president of ours is getting his money from. Unreal...

I agree-sad-very sad.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:46 AM

306 posts, read 1,161,682 times
How many times have the Right asked "what will he do?" well, watch and see. This just might answer your questons.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:56 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Or it'll really tick people off that prime time is being interrupted not to mention the world series! I just thought of something, what about the fairness docterine that people are screaming for? Doesn't it apply here?
Personally I think a half hour " All Obama Show" is kind of like a Ron Popiel informercial.

Buy Obama, it slices,dices,chops and julianes! Will make governing a breeze, easy clean up and allways stays RAZOR sharp! A must have tool for your home, CALL QUICK, OPERATORS ARE STANDING BY to take your credit card information.

A limited time offer! SO ACT NOW!
(not available in stores)
The world Series won't be interrupted:

"The teams are tentatively set to resume at 8:37 p.m. Wednesday."

ESPN - World Series won't resume until Wednesday at earliest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections