Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:51 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,619,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Well after looking at your posting history (and anyone can view another persons post history) the one thing I notice is that you seem rather obsessive about Obama as I think nearly every post you have here mentions Obama. Such is your right and you are free to do so. However this thread is not about Obama or Wright, it is about how McCain will manage the impact of the latest Hagee comments that have come to light. Now I realize you so badly want to change the subject and make this about Obama and Wright but that is not going to happen.

However I do welcome the response from the right as how they will digest this latest commentary.
No, I am not trying to change it at all, all I am saying and it is easy is that there is no comparison on this issue. There is a huge difference, one has a history as you call it with his pastor and one does not.
Your post is quietly comparing the two without mentioning the other one, I merely was trying to point out that when proof comes out that this pastor is in fact a mentor, friend, or even his weekly pastor then I will put him in the same area as the other candidate, until then it is all air.
There seems to be a huge amount of attacks towards McCain, he is not perfect by a long shot, but many of them are just attacks that are not fact based like this one. Believe me McCain is not saint and he is the lesser of three evils but I would like to see some facts that would back up some of the ridiculous post.

Last edited by Sunshine Chick; 05-22-2008 at 07:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 07:03 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,618,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Someone has to balance the McCain filled non factual post. And no, I am not trying to change it at all, all I am saying and it is easy is that there is no comparison on this issue. There is a huge difference, one has a history as you call it with his pastor and one does not.
Your post is quietly comparing the two without mentioning the other one, I merely was trying to point out that when proof comes out that this pastor is in fact a mentor, friend, or even his weekly pastor then I will put him in the same area as the other candidate, until then it is all air.
There seems to be a huge amount of attacks towards McCain, he is not perfect by a long shot, but many of them are just attacks that are not fact based like this one. Believe me McCain is not saint and he is the lesser of three evils but I would like to see some facts that would back up some of the ridiculous post.
The youtube videos, press coverage, news articles, press interviews, Senator McCain and Mr. Hagee's own words, aren't factual data?

What would, in your estimation, be a proper representation of factual information?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:03 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,619,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The youtube videos, press coverage, news articles, press interviews, Senator McCain and Mr. Hagee's own words, aren't factual data?

What would, in your estimation, be a proper representation of factual information?
Understand the point, there are no facts that put McCain and Hagee together on this issue. All the videos etc are about Hagee, none of it puts them together at all. Sure Hagee is an oddball and says some oddball things, but when the facts show that McCain and Hagee are close friends, McCain attends his church on a regular basis and McCain agrees with him on this issues then it is just a bunch of air to counter the facts behind the other candidates troubles. There is a sifference, one is fact filled the other is not. Simple as that. Also, when you find facts that show that McCain is anti American then I will start to listen.

Does anyone have the fact that McCain attends his church on a regular basis?
Does anyone have the fact that McCain has agreed this is his personal pastor?
Does anyone have a fact that he donates thousands per month to this church?
Does anyone have a fact that McCain goes to him for guidance?

So far I havent seen or read anything that does put them together in the same way the other candidate is with his pastor. There is a huge difference here but seems some are trying to compare the two because they know the other candidates very close relationship with his pastor has hurt him and they are just digging to find something to do the same to McCain.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:33 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,206,986 times
Does not even matter that McCain attends his church or even shares his views, McCain sought out his endorsement to better align with the social conservatives. Sadly, he picked the biggest cult leader instead of a more mainstream Christian endorsement and the public that does not view the world in Hagee's terms will reject it, as will a large segment of the Jewish community.

If McCain knows what is good for him, he will run like hell away from this guy, although I am sure the small segment of dispensationalist and tribulationist will support him.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:20 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,530,430 times
McCain may not personally share Hagee's apocalytpic visions, but Hagee's legions of followers may vote for McCain precisely because they believe McCain will bring to fruition their crazy beliefs. If McCain wins, he will be under tremendous pressure to kow-tow to this constituency that propelled him to the White House. That is the true danger.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:29 AM

This picture alone just sent chills down my spine

http://scienceblogs.com/framing-science/upload/2007/03/McCainFalwell.jpg (broken link)

This man wants to gather all the Jews in Israel in order to fulfill a prophecy that will signal Armageddon and the end times in which the great battle between good and evil will take place. The Jews which convert to Christianity will be saved the rest will rot in hell. Those true believers will ascend into heaven without death and the earth will experience 1000 years as paradise.

Now, tell me, anyone want THIS guy anywhere near the White House?

This intersection has no place in politics for both the good of government and for the good of religion.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:33 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,937,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Face it, the shoe's on the other foot. Now it's McCain with the pastor problem.
He is not McCain's pastor but I guess that is too difficult for you to grasp.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:34 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,937,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
McCain may not personally share Hagee's apocalytpic visions, but Hagee's legions of followers may vote for McCain precisely because they believe McCain will bring to fruition their crazy beliefs. If McCain wins, he will be under tremendous pressure to kow-tow to this constituency that propelled him to the White House. That is the true danger.
And Obama's supporters will expect.......

Old 05-22-2008, 10:38 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,530,430 times
The funny thing is that some Jewish Americans (eg Joe Lieberman) support McCain because he is supposedly a staunch defender of Israel. What is lost in the analysis is that McCain and his Christian fundamentalist buddies only support Israel because they think that Jews believe in the wrong religion and want them converted to the correct one (i.e., Christianity). And for those Jews who refuse to convert, they will have to perish in hell. Nutty, isn't it?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:46 AM

Well I disagree that McCain has a lot of Christian fundamentalist buddies, hence his need for John Hagee. The social conservatives over this primary process have held their noses and are pulling for McCain out of the "lesser of evils" situation they find themselves in.

Which is kind of one point I was trying to make in the McCain is not an extremist, he is rather moderate as best I can tell but this association, no matter how close or far will in fact resonate with the rest of America during the general election. Also why I think McCain should distance himself from Hagee. McCain may not out of loyalty or something but he has a lot on his plate to think about concerning this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections