Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Clinton supporters bitter, vindictive, sore losers?
Yes 12 30.00%
No 14 35.00%
Most 6 15.00%
Some 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:02 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
The fact that so many Clinton supporters would vote for John McCain over a candidate who would implement basically the same policies as Hillary herself would has prompted me to ask this question.

Are Clinton supporters bitter, vindictive, sore losers who care more about being right and/or winning than improving the state of our country? Many seem like children who do not get their way and throw a tantrum.

Your thoughts are welcome.
this thread lends itself to my ongoing arguement which is this:

Quote:
Obama and hillary are pretty similar (and far from John McCain) on the big issues. there is no way that, in any logical sense, you can be for hillary - and then choose John McCain over Obama. that does not reflect reality, and we all know it. if this is your attitude you do not "support" hillary clinton. you are obsessed with hillary clinton.

the reality is one of three things:

1. you are obsessed with hillary clinton becoming president of the United States because she is a woman and you are a feminist.

2. you are obsessed with denying Barrack Obama of the presidency because he is black and you are a racist.

3. you are obsessed with denying Obama the presidency because you are so upset by the fact that given a choice, the American people prefer him over your prefered candidate, hillary clinton - who he defeated fairly in the race for the Democratic nomination.

the honest truth is this: if your preference is clinton, McCain, suicide, Obama, then youre preference is not based on the issues of the day. it is one of the threee things i listed. cut and dried
my intent was never to say that if you are a hillary supporter, or if hillary clinton is your preferred candidate, that you fall into one of the three categories above. what i am saying is that if your preferred candidate is hillary clinton, and you would sooner vote for john mccain than Barrack Obama, then you definitely fall into one of the three categories above - cut and dried. you can deny it if you want to, but we all know better - because if it dont make sense, it isnt true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 07:16 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
That's a good question. Let me pose a better one. Would Obama supporters be bitter, vindictive, sore losers who care more about being right and/or winning than improving the state of our country? if something happened at the convention (or before) that would make Hillary the candidate?
in a word, YES. and they would have good reason to. it would amount to the powers that be overturning the will of the people and stealing the nomination from the change candidate and handing it over to the establishment candidate.

on the other hand, i just dont get the hillary supporters who harbor such animosity towards Barrack Obama. he ran a much better campaign. he was much more appealing to the American people in general. he has not been winning by any sort of trickery or dirty campaign tactics. so seriously, what gives?

Old 05-23-2008, 07:18 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
McCain, Must not win. The country can't afford him. I think Hillary has a better chance of beating him but Obama is still a better choice than McSame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections