Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2022, 08:58 AM

21,898 posts, read 25,225,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
To be fair, Muhammed did have at least one child bride.
And to be equally fair, Barnette's grandparents Christian views were likely a large part of why her mom was told to marry the man who raped her at 11 and conceived Kathy Barnette. I can definitely see having been born to a 11-year-old who was raped and then forced to marry her rapist would leave an imprint. Not many people are coming from religious fundamentalist upbringings that are so strict. The bible does say that if a man rapes a virgin he is to pay the bride price and take her as his wife. But really, do you have daughters? If someone raped your 11-year-old daughter would you force her to marry him? Probably not. Barnette's grandparents did. As much as you seem to identify as a fundamentalist Baptist based on the screen name, I really doubt you're THAT fundamentalist. Or maybe you are in which case you really wouldn't have any problem with child brides as it's just literally what the bible commands.

Neither religion bother me per se, but some people I think take it to far and Barnette's case is too far. I'm really hesitant to involve the government in telling people how to raise their kids but when they start forcing them into marriages with rapists at 11-12 I'm there in that someone needs to step in.

Last edited by Malloric; 05-16-2022 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 09:01 AM

9,448 posts, read 11,204,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Dr. Oz, who would become America's 1st Muslim Senator, called his Republican opponent's anti-Islam tweet "defamatory"...

‘Reprehensible’: Oz condemns GOP opponent’s tweet on Islam - AP
Note he did not refute the charge, he just criticized her. SOP for folks with no ammo in their holster.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:12 AM

21,898 posts, read 25,225,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWF2013 View Post
Again, what are you actually arguing here ????

Im not debating the life of Jesús or Muhammad. Im saying both text allow child marriage, and indeed they do. And Christianity has practiced it for 2000 years.
And still do here in America. Thankfully not in large numbers though.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:44 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,311,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Well Russia is the same regarding legal rape. .
Is OZ Russian? Why do people have to bring up everything else to justify bad behavior.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Neither religion bother me per se, but some people I think take it to far and Barnette's case is too far. I'm really hesitant to involve the government in telling people how to raise their kids but when they start forcing them into marriages with rapists at 11-12 I'm there in that someone needs to step in.
Why kill he baby if you're mad at at the rapist?

Old 05-16-2022, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Note he did not refute the charge, he just criticized her. SOP for folks with no ammo in their holster.
Oz has been on radio talk shows in Philly and when he was asked this question, his answers were that they have a chapel in their house and he seeks guidance from the Bible. The closest he came to saying he is a Moslem was that his parents are Turkish and 99% of Turks are Moslem. He keeps saying he is proud of his faith but doesn't say what it is. If he wins, that's all we'll be talking about.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:54 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,899,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Why kill he baby if you're mad at at the rapist?
Because we don’t enslave women as baby making machines. You want to keep the baby, extract the fertilized egg and implant it in a woman who wants a child bad enough to accept the dad being a rapist.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:39 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,202,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I really had no opinion at all on Dr. Oz until now. But as soon as anyone starts hurling an XXX-phobia BS word, that's it. I'm done, unless it was a sarcastic response to an earlier XXX-phobia bleat. That is leftist cant. And if you are going to go out of your way to sound like a leftist, I don't want you in power.
If you examine what the opponent said and her explanation you will soon see that she made inappropriate comments and that her alibi is a crock. Oz was right on this one.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:43 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,202,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I guess I now know who to vote for.
You'd vote for or against a person based on the candidate's religion? Welcome to 1960!

Old 05-17-2022, 02:25 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,241,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
You'd vote for or against a person based on the candidate's religion? Welcome to 1960!
It is a rational choice, if that religion preaches world domination (Dar es Salaam) as its goal.
And, no, you can't reform Islam - that's a capital offense - as is leaving Islam.
(Few historians will dare admit that the "Dark Ages" were the result of Muslim destruction of the Christian dominion over the Mediterranean Sea, N. Africa and the Middle East, and incessant slave raids on coastal cities.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections