Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2022, 01:45 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Wall street is the traditional playground of the Republican party.

If you diss them, you diss your party. Wall Street is the heart and soul of the Republican Party.

Wall Street tax policy and social wellness policy is purely Republican, in other words they are greedy and selfish and uncaring, but even these most hard nosed money managers know that the economy ALWAYS does better under Democrats, especially after Republicans have tanked it yet again. So if the priority is to get the economy back on track, don't be surprised if some of them support a Democrat once in a while.

Once the economy has grown and is stable, they take it for granted and revert to type.
Could of fooled me. Most of Wallstreet is old money and most of that old money is democrat. ...
You are deceiving yourself.

I have to wonder if you believe it simply because you want that to be true and therefore made it up, or if someone told you this and you fell for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2022, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Her angst of because Trump has made her make decisions that will contribute to her costing herself her job…and the voters obviously don’t have any use for her…but at least she’s tough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Thank you for confirming that it is all about Trump
Indeed.

It was never about her policy positions or her voting record. It was never because she was 'really a Democrat' or any such nonsense. The "... voters obviously don’t have any use for her" not because of her stance on tax policy, defense spending, '2nd Amendment' position or any other hot button Republican issue. She is 100% party line, one of the most reliable.

It's because she is too honest to go along with the big lie. Simple as that. The party will purge her. She is toast and the reputation of the party is sealed.

Last edited by Hesychios; 06-03-2022 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: spelling and grammar

Old 06-03-2022, 01:57 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,283,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
3 Terrible SCOTUS Picks...Trump screwed this country for decades w/ this Judges that want to take American backwards....terrible man

You mean 3 judges that don't make laws on the bench and respects the 10 amendment and the power of the people to decide by democratic process? Yeah, horrible.

Old 06-03-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Your post supports my point precisely. Trump and the Republicans lost the confidence of America's money men, small wonder

The business community turns to Democrats after the Republicans run the economy into the ground and blow out the deficit. They know that with Democrats in control comes a strong money-making economy.

Later, after the economy rebounds and they can relax, they go back to their old nasty ways of supporting Republicans and:
• attacking Social Security & Medicare
• privatizing schools & prisons
• opposing clean air, clean water, safe food and safe working condition legislation
• attacking labor unions and opposing raising the minimum wage
• .. and of course, opposing any sort of national healthcare and/or mental health program

Straight Republican attacks on ordinary folks. It's in their blood.

is that what you keep telling yourself? to lie over and over. I can't wait for the midterms elections and Democrats get a BBQ pounding.

Old 06-03-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Quote:
Your post supports my point precisely. Trump and the Republicans lost the confidence of America's money men, small wonder

The business community turns to Democrats after the Republicans run the economy into the ground and blow out the deficit. They know that with Democrats in control comes a strong money-making economy.

Later, after the economy rebounds and they can relax, they go back to their old nasty ways of supporting Republicans and:
• attacking Social Security & Medicare
• privatizing schools & prisons
• opposing clean air, clean water, safe food and safe working condition legislation
• attacking labor unions and opposing raising the minimum wage
• .. and of course, opposing any sort of national healthcare and/or mental health program

Straight Republican attacks on ordinary folks. It's in their blood.
is that what you keep telling yourself? to lie over and over. I can't wait for the midterms elections and Democrats get a BBQ pounding.
I notice you didn't address any of my points.

Old 06-03-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I notice you didn't address any of my points.

Because it's b.s. You worship big government and that the lives of Americans have to depend by force on big government to succeed. You want the government to manage every part of your life and everybody by force from birth 'til death. How does that equates to that I don't care about the issues you listed if I don't agree with your solutions or methods? You are confused.

Old 06-03-2022, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Because it's b.s. ...
LOL, that's what I expected you to say.

You won't address the points.

Republicans:
• attack Social Security & Medicare
• privatize schools & prisons ... always looking for a way to take over the public's assets for themselves
• oppose clean air, clean water, safe food and safe working condition legislation ... try to cripple the EPA
• oppose consumer financial protection
• attack labor unions and oppose raising the minimum wage
• oppose any sort of national healthcare and/or mental health program

The latest travesty was opposing a bill to help veterans exposed to toxins during service. Every vote against that bill in the house was a Republican, 174 of them. This is not unique to this one issue, it is typical.

The Republican party is the enemy of working people. If they have their way this country would be a dystopian nightmare.

Liz Cheney is no better, she is fully on board with essential Republican nastiness.

Old 06-03-2022, 03:41 PM

Quote:
• attack Social Security & Medicare

Nope, We are a private sector economy and there should be more options for retirement and healthcare so the taxpayers have full control of their accounts and money.

Quote:
• privatize schools & prisons ... always looking for a way to take over the public's assets for themselves
You mean give access to the taxpayers to use their money on school choice over failed public school systems? Yeah horrible!
So public prisons are better run than private? LOL Are you an expert in prisons. Even for prisons you want big government.

Quote:
• oppose clean air, clean water, safe food and safe working condition legislation ... try to cripple the EPA
You mean be against big wasteful spending and against power grab that does nothing what they intent? If you say so.

Quote:
• oppose consumer financial protection
Biden has done that since 1973 and he is a Democrat. You Democrats lost all credibility here.

Quote:
• attack labor unions and oppose raising the minimum wage

there are 14 million union members making it 11% of the entire workforce. Not important to the economy. You have good unions but most are not worth it.

Only 1.5 percent of all hourly paid workers make min. wage. Is not the crisis Democrats make it to be for politics. Minimum wage workers tend to be young. Although workers under age 25 represented just under one-fifth of hourly paid workers, they made up 48 percent of those paid the federal minimum wage or less. Among employed teenagers (ages 16 to 19) paid by the hour, about 5 percent earned the minimum wage or less, compared with 1 percent of workers age 25 and older.

Raising the min. wage by force by the government just raises the cost of living for everybody and raises unemployment for the youth. These is how clueless and liars Democrats are when it's only 1.5% of all hourly paid workers in the nation and most of them are ages 16 to 19. What good you are doing for 16 to 19 in raising the min. wage when you raise their cost of living and cut their hours or make the job demand less?

Quote:
Hesychios oppose any sort of national healthcare and/or mental health program
Why would you want the government to take over the entire private sector economy? That's dumb.

You don't ask me to answer your softball questions because the stats backs me up. You asked 3 times and now you should know better.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 06-03-2022 at 04:29 PM..

Old 06-03-2022, 05:35 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
She is a RINO.

I would say she is a classic RINO of the Mitt-Jeb-Kasich strain.

FTR, if her name wasn't Cheney, none of us would have ever heard of her.

Old 06-03-2022, 05:47 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Actually the number has always been higher. I just said 90% as a generalized number.

She voted with Trump 93 % of the time.

I have to admire her for her bravery, she had to know how wacky the base has been since Trump, and that she would probably lose the election. But she showed extraordinary bravery to stand for what she believes in, and all to do the right thing. She put her country and the Constitution above even her own party, in order to stand for truth and seek out justice.
Which is a lot more than what I can say for many of the others.

Mitch McConnell about Jan 6th:

What she believes in is why the Republican Party was taken over by the Tea Party movement, why Trump was elected president in 2016 and why Donald Trump is the head of the Republican Party today.

In fact, it's nearly impossible for a Republican to win a national office without Trump's endorsement.

Republican voters got sick of having to choose between one Republican corporate ***** and another Republican corporate *****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections