Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2022, 05:56 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What she believes in is why the Republican Party was taken over by the Tea Party movement, why Trump was elected president in 2016 and why Donald Trump is the head of the Republican Party today.

In fact, it's nearly impossible for a Republican to win a national office without Trump's endorsement.

Republican voters got sick of having to choose between one Republican corporate ***** and another Republican corporate *****.
But yet they couldn't scrape up someone better than Trump to carry their banner? Or did they just not care who represented them, they just wanted to tear down the system and were fine with any idiot would serve the purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2022, 06:48 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
But yet they couldn't scrape up someone better than Trump to carry their banner? Or did they just not care who represented them, they just wanted to tear down the system and were fine with any idiot would serve the purpose.

I beg to differ. They tried with W Bush/Cheney, McCain and then Mitt Romney and got tired of their votes taken for granted and tried an outsider that fights for them instead of selling out.

After Hillary and Biden, the Dems have no legs to stand on about their complains about Trump. At least Trump didn't invade the wrong country or sold arms to terrorists to run cocaine to fun an illegal war to later pardon everybody to save his behind. You make it sound like the GOP was in great shape before Trump.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:20 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
But yet they couldn't scrape up someone better than Trump to carry their banner?
Frankly after Joe Biden Democrats are hardly in a position to criticize.

Old 06-03-2022, 10:21 PM
JRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Frankly after Joe Biden Democrats are hardly in a position to criticize.
Since I am not a Democrat, I guess that I then have free rein to criticize the idiot Trump.

Old 06-03-2022, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Since I am not a Democrat, I guess that I then have free rein to criticize the idiot Trump.

You are suspect. Trump is out of office and your venom is at Trump. I don't read that you criticize Biden, Harris or Pelosi, people in actual power while the country goes down the drain but you are not a Democrat, just a Trump hater I guess.

Old 06-03-2022, 10:45 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You are suspect. Trump is out of office and your venom is at Trump. I don't read that you criticize Biden, Harris or Pelosi, people in actual power while the country goes down the drain but you are not a Democrat, just a Trump hater I guess.
Nailed it. 18 months of Biden destroying the country and he’s sitting here whining about Trump.

Old 06-03-2022, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Nailed it. 18 months of Biden destroying the country and he’s sitting here whining about Trump.

I noticed that a few months back. He says he is NO Democrat but his criticism is only at Trump. Yeah sure.

Old 06-03-2022, 11:23 PM
JRR

Quote:
I noticed that a few months back. He says he is NO Democrat but his criticism is only at Trump. Yeah sure.
I criticize Trump because of what he is. Give me a choice of Adam Kinzinger, Chris Christy, Niki Haley, Larry Hogan, Ben Sasse,or Mitt Romney in 2024 and I would be fine with one of them. I find Tim Scott interesting but haven't quite got a handle on him. Hell, I could even live with Mike Pence over Trump.

I was real happy with our Republican senators here in Tennessee, Bob Corker and Lamar Alexander. But Tennessee has gone nuts and we now have Bill Hagerty and extreme Trumplican Marsha Blackburn. Sort of like trading two Lexus for a couple of Yugos.

But I know, it is the same old story. If one is not a follower of Trump 100% they are by default a Democrat. Shame on me for wanting a president with at least a modicum of intelligence and mental stability.

Old 06-03-2022, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I criticize Trump because of what he is. Give me a choice of Adam Kinzinger, Chris Christy, Niki Haley, Larry Hogan, Ben Sasse,or Mitt Romney in 2024 and I would be fine with one of them . Hell, I could even live with Mike Pence over Trump.

I was real happy with our Republican senators here in Tennessee, Bob Corker and Lamar Alexander. But Tennessee has gone nuts and we now have Bill Hagerty and extreme Trumplican Marsha Blackburn. Sort of like trading two Lexus for a couple of Yugos.

LOL. What actual policies makes you like Bob Corker and Lamar Alexander over nuts like Hagerty and Blackburn without mentioning Trump which is the key for your dislike. You don't debate policies but personalities.

Old 06-04-2022, 12:05 AM
JRR

Quote:
LOL. What actual policies makes you like Bob Corker and Lamar Alexander over nuts like Hagerty and Blackburn without mentioning Trump which is the key for your dislike. You don't debate policies but personalities.
I didn't always agree with Corker and Alexander on everything (especially about guns), but then I don't agree with Democrats on a lot of things. But my opinion was that they were decent men, though of course not perfect, who did what they thought was best for the country. And they were both willing to at least make an attempt to work out problems with Democrats.

Marsha Blackburn sends me her Blackburn Report all the time and it is nothing but a constant screed against Biden and the Democrats along with all her appearances on Fox News, Newsmax, etc. It is a wonder that she has time for anything else with all her time on camera. During her senate campaign she loved to play on the fear of illegal immigrants; like they would be coming down your street at any minute raping and pillaging if she wasn't elected to save us. It is still a cornerstone of her Blackburn Reports.

Hagerty at least dials it down a bit more with his Hagerty Happenings newsletter. He is not quite as far out there as Marsha.

I realize that you are 100% all in on Trump and no one else can come close to being as wonderful as he is.

To each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections