Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2022, 01:10 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Yeah you voted for Biden. Thanks for your lecture about being scare.

Liz is for big government abroad and nation building (Trump is the opposite) how is that a conservative. Conservative is for small government, less taxes, less regulations and get out of countries internal affairs and NO welfare for them.

Liz is her father. Who is more dangerous to the country and world, Cheney's doctrine or Trump which is the opposite? I remember when Democrats called Dick Cheney evil and a war criminal to now praise them. You can't make this up.

Liz is done by the voters of her state because she forgot about them and went over them and went after the base of the party. She made her bed.

Tulsi did a lot less in the Democrat party and they basically kicked her out. She went after Hillary and Biden and questioned the Russian hoax and the 1st impeachment as political and they attacked her and her service. I didn't see Democrats or the media come to her defense like they do Liz. Everything is a double standard to the Democrat party.
Wrong.

Trump isn't for small government.

If he was, then Trump would have vetoed the Omnibus spending bills that Congress sent to him and forced them to try to override his vetos........and Trump never did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 01:45 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Wrong.

Trump isn't for small government.

If he was, then Trump would have vetoed the Omnibus spending bills that Congress sent to him and forced them to try to override his vetos........and Trump never did that.
You mean the Omnibus bill that the GOP Senate and Mitch McConnell passed? When has a Republican President veto a spending bill sent to him by a Republican Senate? Nixon? Reagan? HW Bush? W Bush?

I know you have TDS but out of Reagan, both Bushes and Trump, who was for less wars and less nation building? I guess spending overseas and nation building isn't consider big government to you.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:43 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,780 times
Wyoming has one representative and two senators. The representative does the same job of representing the entire state, but with less staff, less salary, and more frequent elections. Both senators are in their late 60s, so the next representative has a good chance of moving up.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:13 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
and your opinion is meaningless and a joke. A criminal? what law he has been convicted? I never mention anything about her husband. I mentioned her dad, Dick Cheney who mentored her and her politics and advices her. Try to keep the family members straight. Trump a liar? yeah that word has never been used before in D.C. before Trump arrived. A Cheney trying to expose a liar. Taking comedy too far.

You voted for Biden, that is the ultimate shame to the country and you are still here lecturing the forum. .
And you`re still here shedding tears over "find me 11,000 votes". He`s not coming back.

Old 06-22-2022, 07:53 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Quote:
Good riddance to this Democrat Party shill.
It's so weird conservatives say this when she has consistently voted conservative on pretty much all points throughout her career.

The ONLY thing she did was say Dear Leader was wrong about fraud...and then stick with that, against extreme pressures to obey Dear Leader and back down.

Good to know the GOP is totally not authoritarian. I wonder what's next for traitors to Dear Leader? Dragged out of their homes at night, maybe? Ja voll.

You guys are scary. We were smart to vote against this very scary trend.
Exactly.

She has been a model Republican throughout her political career. The bane of Democrats. She voted along party lines in every session of congress, and supported Trump while he was in office. She (like Raffensberger and Kemp from Georgia and the Maricopa County board in Arizona) most assuredly voted for Trump in 2020 because he was the party standard bearer. Now people like her are getting death threats.

What we are seeing here is come MAGA types slavishly devoted to Trump's lies. It doesn't matter that he tried to overthrow an election and get himself illegally declared president, it doesn't matter that he broke his oath to uphold our constitution, it doesn't matter that he is a traitor to our nation. He's their guy and he can do whatever he damn pleases! To hell with the constitution!

Whatever Dear Leader wants ... Dear Leader gets from this bunch of sycophants.

So what these people are saying here, when they accuse a lifelong loyal Republican of being a "Democrat Party shill" is that they mean she is an "honest government shill" or a "strict constitutionalist shill" or a "defender of the republic shill" and the cult can not tolerate that.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:07 AM

899 posts, read 541,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Exactly.

She has been a model Republican throughout her political career. The bane of Democrats. She voted along party lines in every session of congress, and supported Trump while he was in office. She (like Raffensberger and Kemp from Georgia and the Maricopa County board in Arizona) most assuredly voted for Trump in 2020 because he was the party standard bearer. Now people like her are getting death threats.

What we are seeing here is come MAGA types slavishly devoted to Trump's lies. It doesn't matter that he tried to overthrow an election and get himself illegally declared president, it doesn't matter that he broke his oath to uphold our constitution, it doesn't matter that he is a traitor to our nation. He's their guy and he can do whatever he damn pleases! To hell with the constitution!

Whatever Dear Leader wants ... Dear Leader gets from this bunch of sycophants.

So what these people are saying here, when they accuse a lifelong loyal Republican of being a "Democrat Party shill" is that they mean she is an "honest government shill" or a "strict constitutionalist shill" or a "defender of the republic shill" and the cult can not tolerate that.
There are two cults:

Trump loyalists who can admit no wrong.

Trump haters who can admit no wrong.

Many Republicans manage to avoid being both.

Cheney is going to lose badly in Wyoming. Not closely. Not by a small percentage. But staggeringly. I wish her best of luck.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:43 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
There are two cults:

Many Republicans manage to avoid being both.

Cheney is going to lose badly in Wyoming. Not closely. Not by a small percentage. But staggeringly. I wish her best of luck.
She`s choosing patriotism knowing full well that it will cost her a seat in a state where people don`t want to live. BFD.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
And you`re still here shedding tears over "find me 11,000 votes". He`s not coming back.

but at lest he doesn't live rent free in my head like Democrats do. I never seen so much obsession for a man out of power.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
She`s choosing patriotism knowing full well that it will cost her a seat in a state where people don`t want to live. BFD.

Stop it! You take comedy too far. Take her in your party.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
There are two cults:

I see this "hate" accusation a lot, but only when it pertains to Trump for some reason ... no where else . It seems like projecting.

If I don't like how the Mayor/ County Clerk / Governor / Dog Catcher is doing his job, I vote against him, and I would probably speak out about it telling others exactly why he should be voted out. That doesn't mean I "hate" him. Why should his supporters assume I "hate" him just because I think he is incompetent, or crooked, or immoral? It does not follow.

I don't have to hate the rabid dog to know I don't want him prowling my neighborhood.

I don't have to hate the convicted sexual predator to want my grandchildren to stay away from him.

It's just plain old common sense.

But some would accuse me of "hating" the rabid dog, or "hating" the sexual predator, or "hating" Trump. That says more about them, and what is going on in their heads, than about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections