Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2022, 08:55 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
There are two cults:

Trump loyalists who can admit no wrong.

Trump haters who can admit no wrong.

Many Republicans manage to avoid being both.

Cheney is going to lose badly in Wyoming. Not closely. Not by a small percentage. But staggeringly. I wish her best of luck.

All Presidents do bad things. Do I need to list them all? The difference is I have never seen the over the top drama on 1 person. The funny thing is the people that act all holier than thou here voted for Joe Biden. That's is stupid and hilarious all at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 08:55 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
She`s choosing patriotism knowing full well that it will cost her a seat in a state where people don`t want to live. BFD.
Stop it! You take comedy too far. Take her in your party.
She doesn't belong there, and she would not be welcome there.

She is one of yours. Just accept the obvious ... she is a Republican who speaks the Truth about Trump.

Repeat after me: "Liz Cheney is a REPUBLICAN who speaks the Truth about Trump".

Say it again, with feeling: "Liz Cheney is a REPUBLICAN who speaks the Truth about Trump".

There you go. Doesn't it feel better to acknowledge reality?

Old 06-22-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

Whatever Dear Leader wants ... Dear Leader gets from this bunch of sycophants.

So what these people are saying here, when they accuse a lifelong loyal Republican of being a "Democrat Party shill" is that they mean she is an "honest government shill" or a "strict constitutionalist shill" or a "defender of the republic shill" and the cult can not tolerate that.

So you are calling the majority of the people of Wyoming sycophants and a cult? Democrats defending a Cheney. You can't make this cr@p up. These are the people that didn't have a spine to defend a fellow Democrat and a war veteran Tulsi Gabbard when she went after the corruption and war crimes of the Democrat party coming here lecturing the state of Wyoming and the forum.

Wyoming made the Cheneys and now are closing the chapter on the Cheneys and Democrats come here to defend a Cheney. Take her in your party. She its right in with the war criminals with Biden. She can plan more drone strikes on poor brown people. Keeping the constitution real.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
She doesn't belong there, and she would not be welcome there.

She is one of yours. Just accept the obvious ... she is a Republican who speaks the Truth about Trump.

Repeat after me: "Liz Cheney is a REPUBLICAN who speaks the Truth about Trump".

Say it again, with feeling: "Liz Cheney is a REPUBLICAN who speaks the Truth about Trump".

There you go. Doesn't it feel better to acknowledge reality?

her constituents in Wyoming doesn't agree with your sentiments. They voted her in and they are voting her out in a 1 sided thumping. Go light up a candle for her or make her a statue in D.C. Democrats are going to throw her to the curb like they did Christine Blasey Ford after they are done. That train is never late.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:24 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It's so weird conservatives say this when she has consistently voted conservative on pretty much all points throughout her career.

The ONLY thing she did was say Dear Leader was wrong about fraud...and then stick with that, against extreme pressures to obey Dear Leader and back down.

Good to know the GOP is totally not authoritarian. I wonder what's next for traitors to Dear Leader? Dragged out of their homes at night, maybe? Ja voll.

You guys are scary. We were smart to vote against this very scary trend.
How do you think Pelosi keeps the dems in line...she threatens them or bribes then as with obamacare and 'louisianna purchase and the cornhuskers kickback!

Dems are always in lock step, very unusual for a party claiming to be so diverse...don;t count the two dems halting BBB.

Matters not, cheney voted with Trump, she turned on Trump and participated in a kangaroo court which lost all credibility she once had. The sham committee is an anathema to american justice and seeking the truth. Cheney is participating in a lynching. That kind of justice is unacceptable.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
So you are calling the majority of the people of Wyoming sycophants and a cult? Democrats defending a Cheney. You can't make this cr@p up. ...
My advice to you is: Work with the facts, live with the Truth.

If the majority of the people of Wyoming are indeed Republicans (I doubt it, but ...), and the only reason those Wyoming Republicans don't support Cheney is that she will not go along with Trump's lies, then they must be "sycophants and a cult". They is no other explanation for it. They throw out a perfectly ... and I mean PERFECTLY aligned and party loyal lifelong Republican because she will not go along with Trump's big lie then they must be "sycophants and a cult".

Just accept the Truth about them and move on. No one is going to change them, they are what they are and we have them figured out.

Old 06-22-2022, 10:21 AM

899 posts, read 541,143 times
Quote:
My advice to you is: Work with the facts, live with the Truth.

If the majority of the people of Wyoming are indeed Republicans (I doubt it, but ...), and the only reason those Wyoming Republicans don't support Cheney is that she will not go along with Trump's lies, then they must be "sycophants and a cult". They is no other explanation for it. They throw out a perfectly ... and I mean PERFECTLY aligned and party loyal lifelong Republican because she will not go along with Trump's big lie then they must be "sycophants and a cult".

Just accept the Truth about them and move on. No one is going to change them, they are what they are and we have them figured out.
Two things:

1) always be skeptical of anyone who capitalizes the word truth. Truth is truth, but Truth is ideology, and ideology is the opposite of truth.

2) why would you doubt that the majority of the people of Wyoming are Republicans? Have you looked at the state's electoral history?

Old 06-22-2022, 10:22 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
How do you think Pelosi keeps the dems in line...she threatens them or bribes then as with obamacare and 'louisianna purchase and the cornhuskers kickback!

Dems are always in lock step, very unusual for a party claiming to be so diverse...don;t count the two dems halting BBB.

Matters not, cheney voted with Trump, she turned on Trump and participated in a kangaroo court which lost all credibility she once had. The sham committee is an anathema to american justice and seeking the truth. Cheney is participating in a lynching. That kind of justice is unacceptable.
I don't know and have never heard of a single Democrat who has been basically blacklisted from the party for being disloyal to Nancy Pelosi, being hounded/harrassed publicly with constant insults on social media by Pelosi so people would vote out "that DINO," etc. I have never known ANYONE personally, that's for sure, who would have been afraid to go against something Pelosi said or did. They do all the time, we keep checks on politicians and don't feel we have to worship or else we are traitors.

Cheney did not "turn on" Trump. She has logically stood by the fact that his insistence that there was rampant fraud has been disproven over and over again.

And if she had (she didn't), so what? How come you guys are not ALLOWED to criticize Trump? That doesn't concern you one bit? I've never felt the least hesitation or fear telling my friends I disapprove of something Pelosi has done. (shrug) They sure don't scream at me that I'm a DINO. And I have never heard of a government official who has had this done to him/her and had his/her reputation destroyed, because they criticized someting Pelosi said or did. Ever.

None of my Democrat friends are in "lock step" and we don't flock around one person and worship that person as being able to do no wrong. Never have, period. There is no comparison, I'm sorry.

Old 06-22-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Two things:

1) always be skeptical of anyone who capitalizes the word truth. Truth is truth, but Truth is ideology, and ideology is the opposite of truth.
There is only one truth.

It's not different for you and I. It's always the same whether we agree or not. I might not fully recognize it, and you might not either ... but it's there.

I think you probably have never met anyone else who capitalizes Truth the way I do. I never have met anyone.
Quote:
2) why would you doubt that the majority of the people of Wyoming are Republicans? Have you looked at the state's electoral history?
Because in most states there is a sizeable independent block of voters. I doubt Wyoming is much different.

Old 06-22-2022, 12:09 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
but at lest he doesn't live rent free in my head like Democrats do. I never seen so much obsession for a man out of power.
We`ve never had a president who tried to overthrow our Democracy until this one. You would like him to disappear but that`s not going to happen but I`ll assume that you`ve watched none of the J6 hearings. Trump and his riot are here to stay and you can`t do anything about it. Yesterday`s revelations were the last straw for this Nebraska Republican congressman.

https://www.alternet.org/2022/06/gop...n-dumps-trump/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections