Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2022, 12:39 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times

Advertisements

As in other states, Wyoming residents who vote in the Republican primary are only a subset of the electorate. I wouldn't characterize the people voting to oust Cheney as "sycophants" and "cult members", but they come across to me as placing party and tribe first, and having an inflexible point of view.

It's easy to close ranks around your side, especially with a narcissistic sociopath (a description I don't attribute lightly) as the party's leader; Cheney has chosen a far more difficult path and I expect she realized the consequences of doing so all along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 01:32 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
As in other states, Wyoming residents who vote in the Republican primary are only a subset of the electorate. I wouldn't characterize the people voting to oust Cheney as "sycophants" and "cult members", but they come across to me as placing party and tribe first, and having an inflexible point of view.

It's easy to close ranks around your side, especially with a narcissistic sociopath (a description I don't attribute lightly) as the party's leader; Cheney has chosen a far more difficult path and I expect she realized the consequences of doing so all along.

Just follow the money and her donations. It tells you who she really represents. Wyoming people are not hypocrites, they see the double standards in the law and politics and Liz showed her true colors and they see how Trump has been treated by the system.

It's funny to me that the millions of dollars from Liz's donations are coming out of state not from the people of Wyoming and most of it are from War and weapon corporations and not from Wyoming.

It's funny that part of the definition of sociopath is a lack of conscience. I find it funnier that the people attacking Trump are the people that killed millions of people in their wars and drones and these people that are ok with that and keep voting for them lecturing people about placing country first and calling others narcissistic. These are the same war criminals in both parties that pushed the illegal wars and keeps doubling down but you don't call that arrogant or narcissistic? People that their whole purpose in life is to hold on to power. These people believe that they deserve to be in power forever like a private club. Biden has been in government since 1973. If that's isn't arrogance, I don't know what is.

The people of Wyoming by large numbers don't want Liz back but here she is running and collecting millions of dollars out of the state ? Why? Isn't that arrogance and narcissistic? CNN says she only has a 10% of winning but she is collecting millions of dollars and running. Then she looks down on her base and constituents.

I don't mind critiques of Trump but spread it around and be balance and fair to all. All I see and from millions of Americans it's 1 sided circus. These are the same people that accused a Judge of years and a family of a crime in High School 30 years later with No evidence, not even evidence to hold a kid in detention after school during that time and they went for all to destroy the man and country. That isn't arrogance and narcissistic? What do you call that?

If you are going to destoy Trump everyday for the last 4 years, just make sure you don't live in a China glass house. Most people here that have TDS voted for Biden and would vote for him again in 2024, that should you tell you all about them and their fake moral outrage.

Old 06-22-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
We`ve never had a president who tried to overthrow our Democracy until this one. You would like him to disappear but that`s not going to happen but I`ll assume that you`ve watched none of the J6 hearings. Trump and his riot are here to stay and you can`t do anything about it. Yesterday`s revelations were the last straw for this Nebraska Republican congressman.

https://www.alternet.org/2022/06/gop...n-dumps-trump/

Is that how you throw a "democracy", a few protesters with no guns that ended in 4 hours? I guess is not illegal wars, millions of illegals in our country, homeless crisis or the drug epidemic or the government overspending driving inflation up. That won't kill our democracy but a small group of protesters with no guns will. Yeah, taking comedy too far.

Old 06-22-2022, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
There is only one truth.

It's not different for you and I. It's always the same whether we agree or not. I might not fully recognize it, and you might not either ... but it's there.

I think you probably have never met anyone else who capitalizes Truth the way I do. I never have met anyone.

Because in most states there is a sizeable independent block of voters. I doubt Wyoming is much different.
There is only 1 truth and the Democrats hold the truth. LMAO!!! So the independents in Wyoming are going to save Liz Cheney? LOL Living in a bubble.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:33 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
There is only 1 truth and the Democrats hold the truth. LMAO!!! So the independents in Wyoming are going to save Liz Cheney? LOL Living in a bubble.
I didn't say any of that. You are like adding 2 and 2 and getting 7. Weird.

That's is a pretty out of touch post there, maybe you need to adjust your dosage.

Old 06-22-2022, 02:49 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Just follow the money and her donations. It tells you who she really represents.
I am not going to argue against that. She is a typical Republican, look at the donor list of any of them.

Go ahead ... look at the donor list of ANY other Republican in congress and compare it to hers ... then show us the difference.

We'll wait.
Quote:
Wyoming people are not hypocrites,
I don't think they are hypocrites. The Republicans among them just hate that Liz Cheney will not lie for Trump, and they show it. That's not hypocrisy.

Quote:
It's funny to me that the millions of dollars from Liz's donations are coming out of state not from the people of Wyoming ...
Are you just now figuring that out?

This is standard practice in the House and the Senate, especially among Republicans, but a problem with (probably) all of them.

They don't work for us anymore, they work for their donors. They don't know your name, but they are on a first-name basis with a long list of out of state donors. This should not be a surprise to you. We need serious election finance reform.

Show us the donor list for your congressman.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:03 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It's so weird conservatives say this when she has consistently voted conservative on pretty much all points throughout her career.

The ONLY thing she did was say Dear Leader was wrong about fraud...and then stick with that, against extreme pressures to obey Dear Leader and back down.

Good to know the GOP is totally not authoritarian. I wonder what's next for traitors to Dear Leader? Dragged out of their homes at night, maybe? Ja voll.

You guys are scary. We were smart to vote against this very scary trend

Projection disorder.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:27 PM

3,282 posts, read 1,419,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Liz voted with Trump more than any other republican. Why do you keep bringing up her father in your posts about her.
Because he knows that there are no meaningful facts that support his point of view. This is what people do when they are flailing around….grabbing at anything available.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I am not going to argue against that. She is a typical Republican, look at the donor list of any of them.

Go ahead ... look at the donor list of ANY other Republican in congress and compare it to hers ... then show us the difference.

We'll wait.
I don't think they are hypocrites. The Republicans among them just hate that Liz Cheney will not lie for Trump, and they show it. That's not hypocrisy.

Are you just now figuring that out?

This is standard practice in the House and the Senate, especially among Republicans, but a problem with (probably) all of them.

If she is a typical Republican, I guess Wyoming is tired of her a$$ and she is toast. Maybe they had enough of the Cheney doctrine republicanism of putting the wealth and interests of other countries and the politics in Washington over the people of Wyoming.

They exposed Liz because they didn't send her to Washington to make Trump the #1 issue while ignoring the problems they cared about. Trump has already been impeached twice (overkill) No need to doubled down with a Kangaroo court. Wyoming people know what is critique and what is over playing your hand in politics at their expense.

That's why Liz is getting booted and she won't even show her face in Wyoming to her constituents.

She has 10% chance of winning and she is so arrogant that she knows she has NO chance but stays in the race while getting millions of dollars from out of state sources not from the people of Wyoming. That's the issue for the people of Wyoming and they are going to let her know about it soon.

When most of the money coming in your campaign is coming from out of the state and corporations and most of the donations from the people in your state is going to your opponent then you know who is the problem.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 06-22-2022 at 06:57 PM..

Old 06-22-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Because he knows that there are no meaningful facts that support his point of view. This is what people do when they are flailing around….grabbing at anything available.

You can speak to me directly and stop acting like We are in high school like little girls. I gave facts why Liz Cheney is doing what she is doing and just follow the millions of dollars she is getting from sources outside of her state. Not the people of her state but who she really represents.

Trump is a threat to their doctrine. They want him gone and turn the party pre-Trump. That's why Liz is overplaying her hand and went against her constituents. Her goal is that Trump can't run again and instead of letting the voters in the party choose that, she decides to take millions of dollars from the sources that wants him gone and continue these endless wars and endless occupations.

Just follow the money. If you don't see the big picture you are the problem. I can't help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections