Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2022, 10:32 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Trump is a wretched excuse of a Republican.

Trump is the RINO.
And what are the RINOs then, Democrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 10:47 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
LMAO! More like the putting the war machine first. It's pathetic watching Democrats defending a Cheney. After the Iraq war I thought it was a done deal, now they love the Cheneys and W Bush. Trump does that to people.
No. The Democrats do not love the Cheneys nor the Bushes.

But any normal person does appreciate the fact that once Cheney and Bush were out of office, they went quietly and normally and never tried to start an insurrection before they left. Now, they find Trump to be despicable.

You're absolutely correct; Trump does that to people, including many Republicans and independents.

Old 06-27-2022, 10:57 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No. The Democrats do not love the Cheneys nor the Bushes.

But any normal person does appreciate the fact that once Cheney and Bush were out of office, they went quietly and normally and never tried to start an insurrection before they left. Now, they find Trump to be despicable.

You're absolutely correct; Trump does that to people, including many Republicans and independents.

Funny, I never heard of an insurrection without guns. Amazing! Pull down a nuclear super power with no guns by pushing and screaming for 4 hours.

I read all insurrections in history from the Revolution War, Civil War, Mexican Revolution, French Revolution, Haiti revolution, Spanish Civil War, Cuban Revolution, German Night of Long Knives, Russia Red revolution, Iran civil war and so on and I never seen one with NO guns and nobody getting killed in government.

This was American Valkyrie! The arrested should have been shot by the firing squad by the military. What's more despicable is how Democrats and their hacks turned this into a circus and people drinking the kool-aid with their fake outrage.

Meanwhile, the people that lied to get the U.S. in a war that killed over 1 million people (min.) are still in office lecturing us about the constitution and voted for Biden. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 06-27-2022, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Funny, I never heard of an insurrection without guns. Amazing! Pull down a nuclear super power with no guns by pushing and screaming for 4 hours.

I read all insurrections in history from the Revolution War, Civil War, Mexican Revolution, Spanish Civil War, Cuban Revolution, German Night of Long Knives, Russia Red revolution, Iran civil war and so on and I never seen one with NO guns and nobody getting killed in government.

This was American Valkyrie! The arrested should have been shot by the firing squad by the military. What's more despicable how Democrats turned this into a circus and people drinking the kool aid.

Meanwhile, the people that lied to get the U.S. in a war that killed over 1 million people (min.) are still in office lecturing us about the constitution and voted for Biden. Thanks for the laugh.
All of those are historic, old, and long in the past. One thing you should have learned from all that study is America has never done things like other countries do them.

We both know the 21st century does things differently than in the 20th century. That century is only 22 years in the rear view mirror and steadily receding. All the others are so far back they're clear out of sight.

For sure, Trump knew that, and he mounted his insurrection in the 21st century manner because he knew the United States wasn't willing to repeat the past and slide into another civil war.
Twitter could do it for him with no need for guns.

Old 06-27-2022, 11:50 PM

Quote:
All of those are historic, old, and long in the past. One thing you should have learned from all that study is America has never done things like other countries do them.

We both know the 21st century does things differently than in the 20th century. That century is only 22 years in the rear view mirror and steadily receding. All the others are so far back they're clear out of sight.

For sure, Trump knew that, and he mounted his insurrection in the 21st century manner because he knew the United States wasn't willing to repeat the past and slide into another civil war.
Twitter could do it for him with no need for guns.

When has the U.S. overthrew a government without guns and not killing 1 politician?

We are in the 21st century and the U.S. overthrows governments around the world with guns and sanctions but guns are the key.

Oswald, John Hinckley , Booth were insurrectionists they shot the President and killed 2 and almost killed the 3rd.

Claus von Stauffenberg was an insurrectionist. He plotted to kill the head of Germany with a bomb and jail top government officials while having a plan to take over Germany. I can go on and on but why do I have to? It's how stupid Democrats have become.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:51 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Dems will welcome her with open arms.
No they won't. They will toss her to the curb once her value is used up. She's still the evil spawn of Dick Cheney and still a republican to them.

Old 06-28-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
No they won't. They will toss her to the curb once her value is used up. She's still the evil spawn of Dick Cheney and still a republican to them.

They will toss her out of the bandwagon as fast as that bimbo in the Kavanaugh hearings. Once Kavanaugh confirmation was sealed, she was history. Once the Kangaroo hearings are done and Liz loses her sear, she is done. Not even her gay sister which Liz threw under the bus to win the seat would want to do anything with her. She will have a lot of time to visit and take care of daddy after her term is up.

Old 06-28-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
When has the U.S. overthrew a government without guns and not killing 1 politician?

We are in the 21st century and the U.S. overthrows governments around the world with guns and sanctions but guns are the key.

Oswald, John Hinckley , Booth were insurrectionists they shot the President and killed 2 and almost killed the 3rd.

Claus von Stauffenberg was an insurrectionist. He plotted to kill the head of Germany with a bomb and jail top government officials while having a plan to take over Germany. I can go on and on but why do I have to? It's how stupid Democrats have become.
Answer your own question.
My reply is:
The mob intended to hang Pence, not shoot him. No guns needed for a hanging, and the mob brought enough weaponry to beat others to death.
They came in such numbers they could have simply stomped government officials to death, or speared them or slashed them into hunks of bleeding flesh, or strangled them with zip-ties, or dragged them up and down the stairs until they died.

The United States has overthrown other governments for sure. But we have always believed we were so exceptional that we would never attempt to overthrow our own government. To the best of my recollection, the last attempt before Jan.6 occurred during Washington's second term; the Whisky Rebellion.

Long before the District of Columbia existed.

Like I said, the 20th century is gone now, taking Oswald with it. Hinkley still lives, but he's now old and feeble. and Booth died over 150 years ago.

You seem to think the plot on Hitler is similar to Jan. 6, right? Except with no bombs under the table?
OK. I can run with that one if you want. There are many similarities to Trump and Hitler, for sure.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:21 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Default Liz Cheney

Quote:
Dems will welcome her with open arms.
This is a great example of what happens when people live in an echo chamber.

In the real world politics is not a team sport, it is about policies and values. One doesn't blindly support anyone on the "team" ... it's all about shared goals and priorities. This involves a lot of bartering and compromises, with infighting at times and criticism. It can be messy but it's a healthy process.

Now if one is in a cult of personality, and one sees the world through that lens, perhaps it can lead one to believe that being critical of the leader is enough of a reason to disfellowship and shun a fellow member.

And of course someone who is not a cult member must 'HATE' the cult, right? It's all about loving the cult leader, or hating him ... no in-between. Of course then, following this logic critics of the cult (from inside or out) must 'hate' (no other explanation possible?) and other 'haters' will most certainly welcome the 'defector' with open arms.

This is very simplistic logic, but it works with some people.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Answer your own question.
My reply is:
The mob intended to hang Pence, not shoot him. No guns needed for a hanging, and the mob brought enough weaponry to beat others to death.
They came in such numbers they could have simply stomped government officials to death, or speared them or slashed them into hunks of bleeding flesh, or strangled them with zip-ties, or dragged them up and down the stairs until they died.

The United States has overthrown other governments for sure. But we have always believed we were so exceptional that we would never attempt to overthrow our own government. To the best of my recollection, the last attempt before Jan.6 occurred during Washington's second term; the Whisky Rebellion.

Long before the District of Columbia existed.

Like I said, the 20th century is gone now, taking Oswald with it. Hinkley still lives, but he's now old and feeble. and Booth died over 150 years ago.

You seem to think the plot on Hitler is similar to Jan. 6, right? Except with no bombs under the table?
OK. I can run with that one if you want. There are many similarities to Trump and Hitler, for sure.
Funny, didn't liberal protesters and a comedian at CNN made threats to Trump and said some nasty things.

Saying they could have is like saying I could have kill Biden when he fell down from his bike for wishing him to crack his head in the park. Silly, NO court will convict on that. It's stupid.

There as similarities to Trump and Hitler? Oh brother, now I know you have a bad case of TDS. Democrats are stupid.

Meanwhile Biden is for abortions on demand, endless wars and the government to force people to inject drugs in their bodies and was the grandfather of mass black incarceration but Trump is Hitler. Thanks for the laugh. You don't have to keep defending your vote for Biden. Just take a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections