Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2022, 06:45 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
... This is not her party. ...
True enough, it belongs to the donors and the special interests as always ...

... and of course the criminals and traitors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 07:10 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
So in response to my post, all you can do is insult? I take that as a tacit concession that Trump is a traitor.

I get it, you are so desperate to "own the libs" you don't care about Trump's treason.

Let's move on to find out all we can about the plotting behind January 6th insurrection and clean this country up.
You call Trump and his supporters "traitors" but are insulted with the response DemocRats? LMAO!! I didn't call you a DemocRat. Are you?

I know my American history very well. To say 1/6th is the worst thing that has ever happened or top 10 shows how uneducated you are and funny.

Pelosi and her handpicked panel is going to clean this country up? bhaaaaaaaa!!! Stop it! You take comedy too far. The only thing close to cleaning will start in November when the people send Pelosi and the Democrats packing and Liz will be in August, I can't wait!.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:12 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
You call Trump and his supporters "traitors" but are insulted with the response DemocRats? LMAO!! I didn't call you a DemocRat. Are you?

I know my American history very well. To say 1/6th is the worst thing that has ever happened or top 10 shows how uneducated you are and funny.

Pelosi and her handpicked panel is going to clean this country up? bhaaaaaaaa!!! Stop it! You take comedy too far. The only thing close to cleaning will start in November when the people send Pelosi and the Democrats packing and Liz will be in August, I can't wait!.
Clean up in the stock market.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
True enough, it belongs to the donors and the special interests as always ...

... and of course the criminals and traitors.

You mean the same donors and special interests that donates to the Democrat party and the War criminals in the Democrat party? ok

Old 06-29-2022, 07:40 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Sounds personal. Like a bad movie. That's why her constituents in Wyoming are booted her out in a 1 sided beating in a GOP primary. She represents the people of Wyoming not her personal vendetta.

Trump has the support of the base. How do you destroy Trump in the GOP? Is she stupid? I wish she was this concern when her daddy was violating the constitution and pushing for wars that killed millions of people and over 5k American military members. I guess country goes out the window.

She is not nailing Trump, she is nailing the party and aiding Pelosi and the Democrat Party. Again, her constituents in Wyoming are against her and want her gone. She wasn't sent to Washington for this.

This is not her party. She gave the middle finger to her constituents and the party and does what she likes. She can do it as a Democrat or independent but not as a Wyoming GOP, they are done with her.
It ain't over yet, and we both know it. The Wyoming primary won't be held until August 16.

For a fact, her daddy didn't violate the Constitution when he played his part in starting the Middle East wars. They were totally within the bounds of the Constitution, even if they were terribly bad mistakes. Cheney may have initiated them, but Bush implemented them, well within his rights.

If you are the history student you claim to be, you know that Johnson did the same with Vietnam, Reagan did the same with the invasion of Panama, and Bush #1 did the same when he intervened in the first Iraq war.

Don't forget that Trump also did the same when he ordered bombings in Syria. And despite his promises, he never pulled us out of Afghanistan, but he could have. Like the others, it was within his rightful Presidential powers.

Were they all stupid and a waste of human life? Yup. But none were unconstitutional. All were unpopular and ultimately bad political moves only at their end. The wars were all mighty popular in their beginnings.

Liz isn't nailing her party. She is trying to remove Trumpism from it. Of course she wasn't sent to Washington to do it- Trumpism didn't exist until he was elected, and she was already a Representative by then.

Trumpism didn't just set into her party suddenly, either. It took most of 3 years to develop to what it is today. if it had remained as popular as it was in 2016, Trump would have never lost 2020. Keep that fact in mind.

Trump was never the universal party favorite in the 2016 or the 2020 elections. After 2020, Trumpism is no more popular now than it was then, and Trump the man is no longer the most popular man to implement his own policies.
DeSantis seems to be the choice now, probably because he's far less chaotic, is younger, and has more political experience.

Obviously, you're all in for Trump, and you approve of what he began. But don't ever think the entire Republican Party is as dedicated as you are to him.

If you don't live in Wyoming, you don't know the life there, the traditions, nor the ways those folks vote.

I live next door in Idaho, and while I've spent lots of time in Wyoming, I won't venture a guess on what
will happen in their primary.
Idaho is a different state, and though both states share much more than the differences, each state out here in the mountain west is as different in its politics as the differences are in any other region of the nation.

Is Liz stupid? Nope. She's representing her people in the best way she sees. Her primary opponent is a Trumpist, and sees Trumpism as being the best for Wyoming.

This is nothing but the same political disagreement that happens every 2 years, the normal push and pull of our democracy. Don't presume anything unless you're walking the streets of Cheyenne right now unless you're hungry for a heaping helping of crow.

I'm making no predictions at all.
But I know Liz is no Democrat, and she won't ever go Independent. She's a 3rd generation Cheney in a family that has been a powerful political force in Wyoming for close to 90 years now.

Last edited by banjomike; 06-29-2022 at 07:55 PM..

Old 06-29-2022, 08:26 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
You realize a majority of Americans support the January 6th committee investigation 44% to 35% in polling. https://navigatorresearch.org/wp-con...04.05.2022.pdf

Just catching up here, so if my remarks have already been said by other posters, my apologies.

Your citation is a progressive source, so not unbiased at all.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuanstar View Post
i swear you call yourself a liberal and act so lost most times. When working in the united states department of state as deputy assistant secretary of state for near eastern affairs, liz cheney supported the iraq war, as promoted by her father, dick cheney who was running the wh because he had w bush in his pocket. She doubled down again when she was elected in congress by pushing for more neo con policies of preemptive strikes and allow again the tortures under her dad's administration.

Cheney spread the lie case for war that there had been a significant connection between al-qaeda and iraq was true. Nyt columnist maureen dowd said that liz cheney used "her patronage perch in the state department during the bush-cheney years bolstered her father's trumped-up case for an invasion of iraq" while cheering "on her dad as he spread fear, propaganda and warped intelligence"

how these people never faced a trial is beyond me. If this is not a violation of the constitution and international law then i don't know what is.

liz cheney violated the fifth amendment of the constitution by declaring trump guilty before due process.

again, you as a liberal that you call yourself would want a cheney as the last person in congress lecturing the country about the truth and the constitution.

See the comedy and how clueless you liberals act?

bingo!!!

Old 06-29-2022, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Sting operations that go awry are not scandals.

Fast and Furious was a deliberate effort by Holder to send rifles to Mexico and the plan backfired, resulting in the murder of a BP agent.

When subpoenaed by Congress, he refused to appear, and was never charged, go figure, smh.

The double standard is clearly seen by most Americans.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It ain't over yet, and we both know it. The Wyoming primary won't be held until August 16.

For a fact, her daddy didn't violate the Constitution when he played his part in starting the Middle East wars. They were totally within the bounds of the Constitution, even if they were terribly bad mistakes. Cheney may have initiated them, but Bush implemented them, well within his rights.

If you are the history student you claim to be, you know that Johnson did the same with Vietnam, Reagan did the same with the invasion of Panama, and Bush #1 did the same when he intervened in the first Iraq war.

Don't forget that Trump also did the same when he ordered bombings in Syria. And despite his promises, he never pulled us out of Afghanistan, but he could have. Like the others, it was within his rightful Presidential powers.

Were they all stupid and a waste of human life? Yup. But none were unconstitutional. All were unpopular and ultimately bad political moves only at their end. The wars were all mighty popular in their beginnings.

Liz isn't nailing her party. She is trying to remove Trumpism from it. Of course she wasn't sent to Washington to do it- Trumpism didn't exist until he was elected, and she was already a Representative by then.

Trumpism didn't just set into her party suddenly, either. It took most of 3 years to develop to what it is today. if it had remained as popular as it was in 2016, Trump would have never lost 2020. Keep that fact in mind.

Trump was never the universal party favorite in the 2016 or the 2020 elections. After 2020, Trumpism is no more popular now than it was then, and Trump the man is no longer the most popular man to implement his own policies.
DeSantis seems to be the choice now, probably because he's far less chaotic, is younger, and has more political experience.

Obviously, you're all in for Trump, and you approve of what he began. But don't ever think the entire Republican Party is as dedicated as you are to him.

If you don't live in Wyoming, you don't know the life there, the traditions, nor the ways those folks vote.

I live next door in Idaho, and while I've spent lots of time in Wyoming, I won't venture a guess on what
will happen in their primary.
Idaho is a different state, and though both states share much more than the differences, each state out here in the mountain west is as different in its politics as the differences are in any other region of the nation.

Is Liz stupid? Nope. She's representing her people in the best way she sees. Her primary opponent is a Trumpist, and sees Trumpism as being the best for Wyoming.

This is nothing but the same political disagreement that happens every 2 years, the normal push and pull of our democracy. Don't presume anything unless you're walking the streets of Cheyenne right now unless you're hungry for a heaping helping of crow.

I'm making no predictions at all.
But I know Liz is no Democrat, and she won't ever go Independent. She's a 3rd generation Cheney in a family that has been a powerful political force in Wyoming for close to 90 years now.

Long post. I can't believe you are defending Dick Cheney but you make it so easy. President George W. Bush outsourced the lion’s share of his presidency to Vice President Cheney. Cheney was running that administration since Dumbya was clueless especially his first term and after 9/11.

Dick Cheney asserted presidential power to create military commissions, which combine the functions of judge, jury, and prosecutor in the trial of war crimes. The Supreme Court rebuked Cheney in Hamdan v. Rumsfeld. Cheney claimed authority to detain American citizens as enemy combatants indefinitely at Guantanamo Bay on the president’s say-so alone, The Supreme Court repudiated Cheney in Hamdi v. Rumsfeld.

VP Cheney initiated kidnappings, secret detentions, and torture in Eastern European prisons of suspected international terrorists. This lawlessness has been answered in Germany and Italy with criminal charges against CIA operatives or agents. Dick supported championed a presidential power to torture in contravention of federal statutes and treaties.

Dick Cheney provided a vigorous defense of some of the most controversial aspects of the Bush presidency’s expansive definition of executive powers, including denying detainees accused of terrorism the right to a trials, aggressive interrogation techniques and increased domestic surveillance.

ico.com/story/2008/12/cheney-war-powers-act-violates-constitution-016785

I'm not going 8 years of his crimes because it was a lot that million of people were killed, badly hurt and tortured because anybody that lived from 2001 to 2009 and more information came out about Dick knows he is a war criminal. To come here and act like people are stupid and act is what you do. Like you live in a bubble or arrived yesterday on a boat.

Now you come here with more b.s. and say Liz can win next month. Based on what? Come on, stop taking comedy too far. CNN gives her a 10% chance of winning. I never seen an incumbent with a 10% chance of winning. Have you? This is not reality. You would want Liz to win but I also want a new Ferrari. Neither of us will get it this year.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Fast and Furious was a deliberate effort by Holder to send rifles to Mexico and the plan backfired, resulting in the murder of a BP agent.

When subpoenaed by Congress, he refused to appear, and was never charged, go figure, smh.

The double standard is clearly seen by most Americans.

and Obama using the I.R.S to go after his political opponents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections