Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 10:29 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Liz Cheney went against what she knew her constituents overwhelmingly wanted in the Trump impeachment, which was bad enough but she could have gotten over that. But then she doubled down and got herself placed on that January 6th committee after Pelosi refused to allow the Republican Party’s picked representatives to be on it. Cheney does not understand what the word representative means and therefore needs to stop being one.

I agree 100% After her mistakes the party even told her that she can keep her leadership position in the party if she calms down with the TDS and focus on Biden and the Democrats that are in power. Instead she joined Pelosi to attack the GOP and went after the base of the party.

What I find odd is that Dick Cheney didn't teach her better or she didn't listen to her dad how to make a career in the party and to avoid landmines and not bat for the other team and not go after the base. She won't shut up even after receiving the Kennedy Award in a place full of Democrats and media. With all the things going on the country she keeps repeating the DNC talking points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Dems will welcome her with open arms.
a job at MSNBC or the View.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I never liked Liz Cheney; certainly disagreed with most of her politics and felt that Dick Cheney was Darth Vader's evil twin.

But I've got to hand it to her; she stuck to her principles and refused to cower in front of Trump and his disciples. Got to admire her toughness

Funny, you Democrats didn't feel the same way about Tulsi when she went after the corruption and war mongers in the Democrat party. When are the true Democrats coming to her defense. Crickets, she won't be getting the Kennedy award anytime soon or call a maverick.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:36 PM

Quote:
So once again, I ask of everyone here who is dumping on Liz Cheney for being a liberal, what political position of hers do you disagree with? Is it because of her stance on abortion, or gun control or the budget or foreign policy or something else?

Mostly foreign policy and trade. She is a neo con like her father. If she can't represent the people of Wyoming then time to look for another job or change parties.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Actually, she is not a RINO, she is a true conservative.
Trump isn't...he is the RINO.
At least she saw him for the threat that he was, and put her country before her party.
More than I can say for many.
Define a true conservative ? Endless wars, nation building and outsource jobs for cheap labor? thanks for the laugh. Trump did in 4 years what the party couldn't do in 50 years and that is put the judges in the S.C. to overturn Roe. If that isn't conservative to overturn a bad law then I don't know what is.

So the Iraq debacle and foreign policy debacle and outsourcing jobs is putting country before party? What can be more of a threat to the nation and the world in pushing endless wars and nation building? Democrats can have her.

You know her father is a war criminal and she defends him and pushes his politics.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:32 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Funny, you Democrats didn't feel the same way about Tulsi when she went after the corruption and war mongers in the Democrat party. When are the true Democrats coming to her defense. Crickets, she won't be getting the Kennedy award anytime soon or call a maverick.
Funny is right. I didn't realize that voting for George W Bush in 2004 and Mitt Romney in 2012 and supporting John Kasich in 2016 made me a Democrat. I am just not a member of the Trump Party.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:49 PM
JRR

Quote:
Define a true conservative ? Endless wars, nation building and outsource jobs for cheap labor? thanks for the laugh. Trump did in 4 years what the party couldn't do in 50 years and that is put the judges in the S.C. to overturn Roe. If that isn't conservative to overturn a bad law then I don't know what is.

So the Iraq debacle and foreign policy debacle and outsourcing jobs is putting country before party? What can be more of a threat to the nation and the world in pushing endless wars and nation building? Democrats can have her.

You know her father is a war criminal and she defends him and pushes his politics.
So the conservative Supreme Court is all Trump's doing? Mitch McConnell doesn't deserve credit for blocking the Obama nomination of Merrick Garland in 2016?

Certainly it couldn't be that he just happened to be President with a Republican Senate when vacancies came up. No, it is all due to the genius of Donald Trump.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Funny is right. I didn't realize that voting for George W Bush in 2004 and Mitt Romney in 2012 and supporting John Kasich in 2016 made me a Democrat. I am just not a member of the Trump Party.

Sounds like TDS. What does W Bush, Romney and Kasich have in common? War mongers neo cons while getting richer. That is done in the party, maybe you didn't get the memo. Liz Cheney will get it soon.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:57 PM
JRR

Quote:
Sounds like TDS. What does W Bush, Romney and Kasich have in common? War mongers neo cons while getting richer. That is done in the party, maybe you didn't get the memo. Liz Cheney will get it soon.
If believing that Donald Trump is not too bright, unscrupulous, a bully and has enough mental issues to keep a psychiatrist busy for a lifetime means that I have TDS. then so be it. Your saying it won't hurt my feelings

Old 05-27-2022, 11:59 PM

Quote:
So the conservative Supreme Court is all Trump's doing? Mitch McConnell doesn't deserve credit for blocking the Obama nomination of Merrick Garland in 2016?

Certainly it couldn't be that he just happened to be President with a Republican Senate when vacancies came up. No, it is all due to the genius of Donald Trump.

Sure he gets credit for finally doing what the base wanted and supporting Trump who has the base but it took Trump 4 years to do it when for 50 years the previous candidates failed and went moderate to get along with Democrats.

Nixon had 2 years, Ford 2 years, Reagan 8 years, HW Bush 8 years and W Bush 8 years but I guess they never had the chance to put 3 more conservative judges between all of them to repeal Roe.

Trump was discipline and stuck with his choices no matter the fight or didn't sold out to get along unlike previous Republican Presidents. Trump could have gone moderate or liberal Republican judges but he didn't. I guess he doesn't get any credit in your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections