Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 12:02 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
If believing that Donald Trump is not too bright, unscrupulous, a bully and has enough mental issues to keep a psychiatrist busy for a lifetime means that I have TDS. then so be it. Your saying it won't hurt my feelings

so now you are a mental doctor behind the keyboard. Yeah, TDS. Thanks for the laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 12:23 AM

Reagan had 4 picks: He picked 2 conservatives to strike down Roe and 2 justices Kennedy and O'Connor who supported ikeeping it legal.

HW Bush had 2 picks: Thomas who wants to strike down Roe and Souter who voted to keep Roe and wrote an opinion to uphold it.

W Bush: Alito and Roberts. 1 to overturn it and the other one to side with the liberals to save it.

Ford: Stevens Paul. A Republican Judge pro abortion and pro Roe.

Nixon picked Blackmun who voted and wrote that off the wall Roe law.

Trump ended the game in 4 years with 3 correct picks. He didn't go 2 conservatives to overturn Roe and 1 moderate to uphold it. He went all 3 to overturn it. Nixon failed, Ford was a waste, Reagan had 4 picks and went 2 for 2 to uphold Roe and get along. HW Bush went 1 on each side to uphold Roe and so did W Bush.

Old 05-28-2022, 12:28 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
so now you are a mental doctor behind the keyboard. Yeah, TDS. Thanks for the laugh.
It doesn't take a degree in Psychiatry to know that when someone is constantly telling the world how great and smart they are that they have issues. Almost like he is trying to convince himself as much as everyone else. His daddy sure did a number on him.

Getting back to Liz. I have never liked her and despised her father. I just respect the way she has stood up to Trump and his minions.

And that is the end for me on this subject.

Old 05-28-2022, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
It doesn't take a degree in Psychiatry to know that when someone is constantly telling the world how great and smart they are that they have issues. Almost like he is trying to convince himself as much as everyone else. His daddy sure did a number on him.

Getting back to Liz. I have never liked her and despised her father. I just respect the way she has stood up to Trump and his minions.

And that is the end for me on this subject.
You voted for Republicans that lied to go to war and did torture but that's not mental issues when they can lie on that level, kill as many on that level and keep lying about it and push for more of that but Trump sarcasm and how he plays with the media is mental issues according to you? Thanks for the laugh.

Liz is so brave. Instead in taking on her own father, the man across the dinner table every night for 8 years of lies and war crimes, she defended it and is pushing for more of that in Congress while giving the finger to the people of Wyoming. Yeah, real brave.

Fine with me.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:17 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
Quote:
Reagan had 4 picks: He picked 2 conservatives to strike down Roe and 2 justices Kennedy and O'Connor who supported ikeeping it legal.

HW Bush had 2 picks: Thomas who wants to strike down Roe and Souter who voted to keep Roe and wrote an opinion to uphold it.

W Bush: Alito and Roberts. 1 to overturn it and the other one to side with the liberals to save it.

Ford: Stevens Paul. A Republican Judge pro abortion and pro Roe.

Nixon picked Blackmun who voted and wrote that off the wall Roe law.

Trump ended the game in 4 years with 3 correct picks. He didn't go 2 conservatives to overturn Roe and 1 moderate to uphold it. He went all 3 to overturn it. Nixon failed, Ford was a waste, Reagan had 4 picks and went 2 for 2 to uphold Roe and get along. HW Bush went 1 on each side to uphold Roe and so did W Bush.
This post highlights what the country need to move away from. Picks for SCOTUS should be based on quality jurisprudence, not on how a person will come down on a particular issue/case on a political basis. I'm not sure what the above has do with the topic of this thread, but I wanted to respond nonetheless.

Old 05-28-2022, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
This post highlights what the country need to move away from. Picks for SCOTUS should be based on quality jurisprudence, not on how a person will come down on a particular issue/case on a political basis. I'm not sure what the above has do with the topic of this thread, but I wanted to respond nonetheless.
I don't know what rock you have been living under but Roe has been asked by every S.C. confirmation hearing by Senators to get assurances they will keep the law by 1 party and how both parties choose the candidates to the bench. To ignore the fact is being naive and it has nothing to do about feelings or what you feel life should be. The S.C. are chosen and votes on political ideology.

Well if you follow the bread crumbs you would understand my post since it was a respond about being conservative and doing something in 4 years that was very important issue for conservatives when the previous Republican Presidents didn't do in 50 years and prolonged a bad law. This was in response to another Republican. Since you are not, it wasn't for you.

Old 05-28-2022, 03:54 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times
Quote:
I don't know what rock you have been living under but Roe has been asked by every S.C. confirmation hearing by Senators to get assurances they will keep the law by 1 party and how both parties choose the candidates to the bench. To ignore the fact is being naive and it has nothing to do about feelings or what you feel life should be. The S.C. are chosen and votes on political ideology.

Well if you follow the bread crumbs you would understand my post since it was a respond about being conservative and doing something in 4 years that was very important issue for conservatives when the previous Republican Presidents didn't do in 50 years and prolonged a bad law. This was in response to another Republican. Since you are not, it wasn't for you.
The fact that it has been a touchstone for a long time does not impact my wish that politics not enter the selection process. Please review my posting history and you will see I agree that Roe was wrongly decided; my comment is simply that I would like to see the selection process go back to what it should be.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
The fact that it has been a touchstone for a long time does not impact my wish that politics not enter the selection process. Please review my posting history and you will see I agree that Roe was wrongly decided; my comment is simply that I would like to see the selection process go back to what it should be.

Again, this is not what you wish but reality in our government and how they pick the judges in S.C. I didn't want to enter into the details of Roe. My point was that Trump for all his flaws did something in 4 years to overturn a very bad law that for 50 years it was a top concern for conservatives and that previous Republican Presidents talked a lot about it for votes but when it came time to pick the judges to tear it down, they went soft and put judges that prolonged it because it wasn't their top priority and wanted to be liked by the media and get along with Democrats at the end. A big flawed in the GOP for too long.

That proves Trump isn't nuts or all the things the Republican poster said that I was responding to that he wants to give zero credit.

Trump when he ran in 2016 said he was putting true conservative judges if he won and Roe was a very bad law that had to be taken down. When in power he didn't sell out or compromise with Democrats to be loved. He stuck with his guns and picked 3 that were needed to strike it down and stuck with them when the Democrat party were doing everything to kill the nominations because of Roe.

Reagan with all of his conservative talk and 8 years in power , Roe wasn't his priority. It was the Cold War. He had 4 picks and split to keep Roe alive. Both Bushes were the same, all talk but compromise in Roe. Ford was worthless, he might as well picked a liberal pro Roe judge which he did (rino). Trump didn't and I call that character.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:15 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Good. As I've always said when it came to Liz Cheney (or anyone else on the January 6 points), I'm willing to entertain a serious debate over the causes that led to the January 6 event, but:

-What does Congress intend to find out that a thorough FBI investigation already did not? Does Congress really think they have more tools at their disposal (they are a legislative, not a law enforcement body) than the FBI and DOJ do?

-Trying to tie the events of January 6 to Donald Trump in any meaningful way when the man explicitly stated that people should "peacefully and patriotically" make their voices heard is utterly stupid and shows your partisan stripes.

Simply put, the January 6th committee isn't an honest effort to get to the bottom of anything (again, the FBI/DOJ already investigated the events and have issued their findings), but a way to hurt Donald Trump.

I hope that Liz Cheney goes down hard at the primary.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:18 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Again, this is not what you wish but reality in our government and how they pick the judges in S.C. I didn't want to enter into the details of Roe. My point was that Trump for all his flaws did something in 4 years to overturn a very bad law that for 50 years it was a top concern for conservatives and that previous Republican Presidents talked a lot about it for votes but when it came time to pick the judges to tear it down, they went soft and put judges that prolonged it because it wasn't their top priority and wanted to be liked by the media and get along with Democrats at the end. A big flawed in the GOP for too long.

That proves Trump isn't nuts or all the things the Republican poster said that I was responding to that he wants to give zero credit.

Trump when he ran in 2016 said he was putting true conservative judges if he won and Roe was a very bad law that had to be taken down. When in power he didn't sell out or compromise with Democrats to be loved. He stuck with his guns and picked 3 that were needed to strike it down and stuck with them when the Democrat party were doing everything to kill the nominations because of Roe.

Reagan with all of his conservative talk and 8 years in power , Roe wasn't his priority. It was the Cold War. He had 4 picks and split to keep Roe alive. Both Bushes were the same, all talk but compromise in Roe. Ford was worthless, he might as well picked a liberal pro Roe judge which he did (rino). Trump didn't and I call that character.
While Reagan, Bush 41, and Bush 43 did have some disappointing SCOTUS picks, I am thankful for Scalia (Reagan), Thomas (Bush 41), and Alito (Bush 43).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections