Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2022, 11:07 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't disagree with your characterizations of her.

She is just like 99% of the other Republicans in Congress. For the others if it's not Haliburton, it's some other racket.

Republican politicians never changed, they are the same sort of people we had under Reagan and Bush. They are one and the same.

She, unique among almost all the other Republicans in Congress, had too much self respect to go along with Trump's lies about the election.
But she had NO problem lying about the Iraq wars, droning and torture. The only thing this show is how Democrats have NO self respect when for years protesting the war and torture and making a case on Dick Cheney, today they praise them. TDS does this to people, it makes them write dumb things and be so fake.
I am not arguing with your characterization of her.

I see that you did not disagree with my characterization of her or the Republican Party.

So at least that's a start.

But you keep going on and on with this false narrative that Democrats love Cheney.

No, she is still a Republican. We don't like what she stands for.

But she is the exception which proves the rule. Republicans put party first, over country, and will support ... even cover up for ... a traitor like Trump.

That Cheney will not stoop so far is noteworthy, but it shouldn't be. She should be one of many but she's not. That the rest of you WILL stoop that low is well known and not really news anymore, it is commonplace, which makes her stand out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Quote:
I don't disagree with your characterizations of her.

She is just like 99% of the other Republicans in Congress. For the others if it's not Haliburton, it's some other racket.

Republican politicians never changed, they are the same sort of people we had under Reagan and Bush. They are one and the same.

She, unique among almost all the other Republicans in Congress, had too much self respect to go along with Trump's lies about the election.
For her OWN GAIN.

It works for the lefty narrative so now she's peachy keen.
Is that how you see everything?

No one does anything except for their own gain? ... like Trump?

That comment says more about you than about her.

I didn't say she is peachy keen, you did. Don't put words in my mouth to support your flawed narrative.

She is still a Republican, but she has more spine than most. She doesn't crawl on her belly like some snake. That doesn't make her "peachy keen", it makes her what all Republicans should be, the party I remember.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:20 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:

But you keep going on and on with this false narrative that Democrats love Cheney.

No, she is still a Republican. We don't like what she stands for.

But she is the exception which proves the rule. Republicans put party first, over country, and will support ... even cover up for ... a traitor like Trump.

That Cheney will not stoop so far is noteworthy, but it shouldn't be. She should be one of many but she's not. That the rest of you WILL stoop that low is well known and not really news anymore, it is commonplace, which makes her stand out.
How is my narrative false? Have you read social media and the news for the past 2 years? President Biden called Liz after the waxing she took. I have never seen that before.

If Republicans stood for years behind W Bush/Cheney wars and torture and stood behind Reagan/Bush selling arms to terrorists, running cocaine to fund an ILLEGAL WAR and pardoning witnesses to close an investigation, why do you lie and say the Republican party put country first? That's not true. The Democrat party is the same way. Their main goal is to protect power. For Liz Cheney to lie everyday about it and pretend people only have a 2 year memory span is astonish while she racks millions of dollars and her book is next.

I want to know how Liz Cheney racked up over 50 million dollars with the base salary of a rep. from a small state like Wyoming that she doesn't live or hardly go. That to me is more important and why her daddy was never charged of war crimes and torture? If you can answer that then We can move to talk about the truth and the constitution overall.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 08-18-2022 at 11:32 AM..

Old 08-18-2022, 11:31 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Is that how you see everything?

No one does anything except for their own gain? ... like Trump?

That comment says more about you than about her.

I didn't say she is peachy keen, you did. Don't put words in my mouth to support your flawed narrative.

She is still a Republican, but she has more spine than most. She doesn't crawl on her belly like some snake. That doesn't make her "peachy keen", it makes her what all Republicans should be, the party I remember.
Whatever dude.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I want to know how Liz Cheney racked up over 50 million dollars with the base salary of a rep. from a small state like Wyoming. That to me is more important and why her daddy was never charged of war crimes and torture? If you can answer that then We can move to talk about the truth and the constitution overall.
Why just her? You think her story is unique?

This has been going on forever.

My former congressman, Dennis Hastert, started out as a High School gym coach. He made millions too.

They are all on the make. I am not excusing any of it.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Why just her? You think her story is unique?

This has been going on forever.

My former congressman, Dennis Hastert, started out as a High School gym coach. He made millions too.

They are all on the make. I am not excusing any of it.

Ahh so you admit this is a huge problem going on for years but the msm ignores it and just wants to focus on Trump. So the whole system is corrupt and the same people that are corrupt are lecturing the public everyday about the truth, the constitution and doing the right thing.

Hopefully you can now understand why I and many others laugh at this show.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Ahh so you admit this is a huge problem going on for years but the msm ignores it and just wants to focus on Trump. So the whole system is corrupt and the same people that are corrupt are lecturing the public everyday about the truth, the constitution and doing the right thing.

Hopefully you can now understand why I and many others laugh at this show.
You are changing the subject.

Do you know how rich your own congressman is? Do you know how that person got the money? This is a BIG problem all over the Congress and Senate.

You are using this as an excuse to pillory a congressperson who will not lie for Trump, when in fact the ones who WILL lie for Trump are doing the same thing.

In other words, for you this is an excuse, not the reason, to attack Cheney. If it was really important to you, you would have been complaining about her and others well before Trump tried to steal the election of 2020, and you would be advocating for campaign finance reform.

It is really hard to get Republicans to back campaign finance reform.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:39 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
For her own gain? Also, many of us aren't left and can see that it's not a "lefty" "narrative.

Oof.
She's an ant-trumper.

The left is ant-trump.

She was hand picked by ol' Nance to sit on the 1/6 committee for some kind of illusion that it would be non-partisan because after all, they've got a couple repubs onboard, right?

Oof yourself.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
You are changing the subject.

Do you know how rich your own congressman is? Do you know how that person got the money? This is a BIG problem all over the Congress and Senate.

You are using this as an excuse to pillory a congressperson who will not lie for Trump, when in fact the ones who WILL lie for Trump are doing the same thing.

In other words, for you this is an excuse, not the reason, to attack Cheney. If it was really important to you, you would have been complaining about her and others well before Trump tried to steal the election of 2020, and you would be advocating for campaign finance reform.

It is really hard to get Republicans to back campaign finance reform.

How am I changing the topic? This is about the truth and saving democracy when the whole system is corrupt and the same corrupt people are telling the public that only 1 man is bad and they are good?

Your issue is not lying. Liz and her father lie all the time and people died and countries destroyed. Your only issue is Trump.

So dirty money in politics is not trying to take an election? the people that give Pelosi or Liz Cheney millions of dollars are not trying to buy an election or get favors? Instead of you going after the whole problem, your TDS is only on Trump. If We just get Trump, We can go back to normal and democracy is saved. You rather have the government bought in the back because that would upset you if you had to see it everyday.

I ask you again, how did Liz Cheney racked over 50 million dollars in 4 years from her base salary of being a rep of a very small state and she is 1 example and it goes in both parties?

Will Democrats and the establishment give all the billions back for campaign finance reform. Your party takes a lot of money. That is trying to buy an election?

Old 08-18-2022, 11:21 PM

18,024 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No. The 22nd Amendment is clear that folks may only be elected as POTUS twice. Now, someone can serve up to 10 years as POTUS in total per the terms of the 22nd Amendment, but Trump wouldn't fit into that category unless he was to run and get elected as VP and then get elevated as POTUS within two years of that same term prior to being elected to serve a second POTUS term of his own accord.
Truth be told, he will be too old by then. 80 is pretty scary for some folks, but there are a few out there that are sharp into their early 80s. He has energy like no other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections