Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2022, 05:35 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Here it is yet again. The main job of every Republican is to condone whatever Trump does and protect him at all times. If you don't, he and his base will turn on you like rabid Chihuahuas. Liz can get in line behind Michael Cohen, Jeff Sessions, Bill Barr, Rex Tillerson, James Mattis, John Kelly and the list goes on and on.

Is that the Democrat talking point? I thought the Dems treated Obama that way. They wouldn't let anybody especially whites from the opposite party criticize his work because it was KKK and Jim Crow all over again. Didn't Democrats even went after Bill Clinton in 2008 in S.C. and called him a racist by criticizing Obama? Talk about walking on egg shells.

Whatever the Democrats accuses Trump and his voters, they have done it and more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
She supported Trump and voted with him over ninety percent of the time. She just wants to him accountable for trying to start a coup and destroy our country.

90%? the number goes up for you Democrats each time. The % that is the #1 issue for Liz Cheney and her donors is the neo con foreign policy. That's were the 2 crash within each other. Trump is totally opposite of her and for Liz that's her base, donors and money. She wants to switch power in the party to the W Bush, Dick Cheney and Mitt Romney of the party and Trump is in her way, so she took a crack by failed badly. If starting wars on B.S. is not trying to destroy your country than I don't know what is.

A coup and destroy a country? crack is whack. I guess if Biden destroying the country isn't destroying the economy than I don't know what is destroying.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:52 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,115,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
90%? the number goes up for you Democrats each time. The % that is the #1 issue for Liz Cheney and her donors is the neo con foreign policy. That's were the 2 crash within each other. Trump is totally opposite of her and for Liz that's her base, donors and money. She wants to switch power in the party to the W Bush, Dick Cheney and Mitt Romney of the party and Trump is in her way, so she took a crack by failed badly. If starting wars on B.S. is not trying to destroy your country than I don't know what is.

A coup and destroy a country? crack is whack. I guess if Biden destroying the country isn't destroying the economy than I don't know what is destroying.

Actually the number has always been higher. I just said 90% as a generalized number.

She voted with Trump 93 % of the time.

I have to admire her for her bravery, she had to know how wacky the base has been since Trump, and that she would probably lose the election. But she showed extraordinary bravery to stand for what she believes in, and all to do the right thing. She put her country and the Constitution above even her own party, in order to stand for truth and seek out justice.
Which is a lot more than what I can say for many of the others.

Mitch McConnell about Jan 6th:

Quote:
“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next,” said McConnell, R-Ky. He said he still has confidence in RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel, but “the issue is whether or not the RNC should be sort of singling out members of our party who may have different views than the majority. That’s not the job of the RNC.”

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...b67d45df6195f7

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 06-01-2022 at 08:03 PM..

Old 06-01-2022, 09:48 PM

^I would actually take George W Bush and Mitt Romney any day over Trump.
even if I disagreed with a few things they said, or did at times,I never doubted that they loved America and had America's best interests at heart...unlike Trump.
Trump only cares about Trump.

And if the voters decide to oust Cheney, that is their right to do so. But I have to say that
she is one of the few Republicans in office right now that I do have respect for and like.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:

I have to admire her for her bravery, she had to know how wacky the base has been since Trump, and that she would probably lose the election. But she showed extraordinary bravery to stand for what she believes in, and all to do the right thing. She put her country and the Constitution above even her own party, in order to stand for truth and seek out justice.
Which is a lot more than what I can say for many of the others.
:
The GOP wacky base? It's the same base that sent her to D.C. and the same base that voted for her war criminal father but now that they have buyer's remorse they are "wacky". Thanks for the laugh.

Bravery? When did she put her multi-million dollar and elite life on the line for somebody else on her war mongering foreign policy ? She didn't even enlisted to fight and die in the wars her father pushed the nation and that she supports for more.

Bravery? You take comedy too far.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM

Quote:
^I would actually take George W Bush and Mitt Romney any day over Trump.
even if I disagreed with a few things they said, or did at times,I never doubted that they loved America and had America's best interests at heart...unlike Trump.
Trump only cares about Trump. And if the voters decide to oust Cheney, that is their right to do so. But I have to say that she is one of the few Republicans in office right now that I do have respect for and like.
Well take them to the Democrat party or start a 3rd party.

How do you start a war that turned to be a debacle that many people died on both sides America's best interest? They have a funny way of loving Americans so much that they easily send them to get blown up on lies while getting richer. Yeah the "Greatest love of all"

You respect Liz Cheney and like her because she hates Trump. That says more about you. If Liz Cheney supports Trump today and ran his campaign, I doubt you would respect or like Liz. TDS does that to people.

Old 06-01-2022, 10:41 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Liz Cheney went against what she knew her constituents overwhelmingly wanted in the Trump impeachment, which was bad enough but she could have gotten over that. But then she doubled down and got herself placed on that January 6th committee after Pelosi refused to allow the Republican Party’s picked representatives to be on it. Cheney does not understand what the word representative means and therefore needs to stop being one.
Cheney voted with Trump over 90 percent of the time. What other conservative had a better record. Cheney puts country first no matter what the cost. Others bow down to Trump to get re elected because they have no spine. And let's face it, many people vote without knowing anything.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Cheney voted with Trump over 90 percent of the time. What other conservative had a better record. Cheney puts country first no matter what the cost. Others bow down to Trump to get re elected because they have no spine. And let's face it, many people vote without knowing anything.
Another Democrat repeating what she hears without ever reading her record and who are her donors,

She put country first? is that what Democrats said when her father pushed the Iraq war and torture? Was that the U.S. best interest? I can take it from neo cons in the GOP but Democrats? WEIRD!

If Liz had a spine, she would have call out her father and ask him to resign and leave the party but she supported his re-election and supports his policies from congress today in the biggest debacle in modern history. How is that a spine especially from you, a democrat?

Liz is a neo con. Democrats who like her opposition to Trump will never like her politics. She voted to impeach Trump to take the throne in the GOP as a Neo Con which Trump isn't. It backfired in her state.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Well take them to the Democrat party or start a 3rd party.

I am not a Democrat, I am an Independent. And people can run on whatever party they chose.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:23 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Is that the Democrat talking point? I thought the Dems treated Obama that way. They wouldn't let anybody especially whites from the opposite party criticize his work because it was KKK and Jim Crow all over again. Didn't Democrats even went after Bill Clinton in 2008 in S.C. and called him a racist by criticizing Obama? Talk about walking on egg shells.

Whatever the Democrats accuses Trump and his voters, they have done it and more.
Got to hand it to you; nice work in trying to move the conversation away from how Trump uses people and then discards them when they no longer appease him. Suddenly we shift to Bill Clinton, Democrats, Obama, 2008 in SC etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections